Posts by Ronnietheperth

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does anyone know how many gaon digital points ON has this year??

So far, 100 Million points in 2021 alone

IF you go with this logic then basically only top20 songs can be considered as hits. All songs that you mentioned will end up in top30-top50 range.

Well, having “20 hit songs” in a single year seems pretty enough for me.

- Celebrity

- Next level

- Butter

- Rollin’ (2017 release but still…)

- Peach

- Stay

- Traffic light

Just with these songs already define “2021 hit songs” for me

I will summarize it…

On the ground: Decent but not a hit (still the bigger hit from this list)

- Pretty strong start

- Okay longetivity (198 days in Top 100)

- Gaon digital point (341M)

Chi Mat Baram: Decent but not a hit

- Pretty strong start

- Okay longetivity (146 days in Top 100)

- Gaon digital point (286M)

Alcohol free: Decent but not a hit

- Average start (lowest peak from this list)

- Okay longetivity (151 days in Top 100)

- Gaon digital point (274M)

Queendom: Decent but not a hit

- Good start (better than Alcohol free)

- So far…okay longetivity (90 days)

-Gaon digital point (184M)

Conclusion: All songs in this list is not a hit and are in the same tier

Not seeing anything wrong with Stan comment tbh, I don’t get why there is even an issue here. This is a digital discussion thread so of course we have to discuss about what happen to Twice digital performance as this chart performance for “Scientist” has been the worst chart performance from Twice so far. It may rise a lot later like some other songs with some promotions but this initial chart performance from “Scientist” is actually very concerning. I know they have broken their album sales record but this isn’t because of “Scientist” at all.

I think Oh My Girl is in the point of the career that need to focus more on individual works.

Multiple comebacks are nice for fans but it can also overwork members especially some who have health problems like Jiho who took several hiatus in the past.

Also, it’s not like there are no growth in these past years. They have just broken 100,000 albums mark which is a huge achievement considering they sold only around 30,000 albums just 2 years ago. And their popularity in Korea is still very high (look at voting in MMA, they even beat Aespa)

Currently 6/7 members have resigned (which I guess Jiho is the remaining one instead of Mimi) which means we will see them as a group for at least 3 more years.

MMA Top 10 Bonsang prediction: (I know there is a prediction list but I doubt Melon would give the award to smaller artists/actors/TV show like MSG wannabe and SMTM like Lilboi, Mirani)

Locked (100%)

1. IU

2. BTS

3. Aespa

4. Im Young Woong

High chance

5. NCT dream

6. Lee Mujin

Fight for Top 10

7. Oh My Girl

8. Heize

9. Taeyeon

10. StayC

- Rose

- AKMU

- Baekhyun

- Shinee

- Brave girls (if Rollin and We ride are considered, they will get it. If not then no chance.)

- Small artists: Kyeongseo, SMTM contestants, ASH island, Homideul

A fan was congratulating Karina during a fansign for Savage's PAK and she didn't even know what it was lol

As we have all said many times since years ago

You know it’s a very irrelevant thing for Korean and K-artists when even “Kpop fanatic” like Karina doesn’t even know what it was. You can bet BTS and IU also don’t have any idea what PAK even mean.

Meanwhile, international fans take it as the greatest achievement ever. And anyone else is an anti if they downplay this achievement as irrelevant.

Probably irrelevant but worth some mentioning, NCT currently has 19 songs in Top 1000 (yep, I know…new releases) and surpass BTS as the group with most songs charting in Top 1000 (18 songs) after BTS has dominated for quite some times. The reason is mainly because BTS has no new album releases this year at all combine with old B-side songs dropping off the chart. (In the beginning of the year, BTS has around 30+ songs in Top 1000.)

The most overall is of course…IU (42 songs)

Meanwhile other big names:

Im Young Woong: 13 songs

Blackpink: 13 songs

Taeyeon: 11 songs

Heize: 11 songs

Seventeen: 11 songs

Davichi: 10 songs

Twice: 10 songs

Aespa: 7 songs

Oh my girl: 6 songs

ITZY: 6 songs

Mamamoo: 5 songs

Red velvet: 4 songs

Gfriend: 4 songs

Is this song having resurgence? Ah puh is still doing well.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Deserved!!!! :waterr:

I’m team Han Ji Pyeong X Seo Dal Mi in Start-up and kinda like Seonho acting. I’m also really glad that he has risen up in this past year as he really deserves it.

But of course, what goes around, comes around. His past finally bite him in the ass and he has to pay for consequences.

Anyway, the amount of his fans still defending him or okay with this… :rolleyes:

look like aespa could have PAK today. I underestimate them. Vibe kinda gave up over the weekend and the holiday. I am sure they get it back tomorrow with listeners coming back. Some groups gona comeback today, so bug might be block. But Yea, they will have a better chance tomorrow.

Isn’t Jessi coming back today with SWF? That will be the biggest obstacle for Aespa and she can even pull a surprise in Melon chart too since we all know songs from TV shows are really scary.

Damn I’m feeling old now as new Kpop fans seems to be surprised by a midnight release pre-2017.

Looking back we have faced so many changes in music charts in these recent years

Songs released at anytime —> Songs released at 12PM-6PM to be in chart —> Chart freezing at 1AM-7AM —> 24hits —> Top 100

Don’t even talk about being stressful for multiple small charts like Olleh, Cyworld, Monkey3 from blocking AK/RAK/PAK

The song is currently 15k apart from Top 30, 60k from Top 20 and 100k from Top 10 so it will be very hard to reach Mafia’s peak.

ITZY has potential to be a digital power with Dalla Dalla and Wannabe but Icy and Not shy killed all the momentum they had tbvh.

Genie, ITNW and Lion heart are my Top 3 SNSD Korean title tracks for me so YASSSSSSSSSSSS :cutes:

I swear Lion heart has been so underrated by both fans and casuals since the release but the quality of the song starts to make the song shining more and more.