Posts by gugudadadan

For people saying the US is closed to Thais...this is definitely NOT the case. Loads of Thai influencers on social media are flying to the US to get vaccinated everyday as if they're taking a lunch break to the grocery store down the street. They definitely have less power than Lisa, so if they can do it, it's definitely not her nationality that's stopping her from entering the US or Europe.

YG wanted her to be the Minzy. Her being the most popular was never the plan so YG is trying to sabotage her and restrict her.

I kinda agree. It's similar to Giselle & Ningning. Apart from opening up their respective home region's markets, they're basically there to be the accessories to the main girls (i.e. Karina & Winter). It's working out exactly the way SM planned it. Lisa was meant to just be there to open up the SEA market and be the support act to the main girl (Jennie). They never intended for her to be challenging the main girl for being FOTG.

The worst part is not only do they continue to support him, but they're blaming the woman and saying it's her fault. And most of the people victim blaming are women themselves. It's sad that their obsession with celebrities prevent them from being decent human beings.

I saw some people posting on Twitter yesterday about these Thai actors (Bilkin & PP from I Told Sunset About You) arriving in Seoul to receive Seoul Drama Awards and they were mobbed at the airport. I knew some Thai dramas & actors were popular in SEA but surprised to see them getting this kinda reception from Korea. Perhaps they're really opening up to SEA people?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think dance-wise, Lisa is better than the whole of aespa. Rap-wise, I'd say Jenlisa's raps hit harder than Giselle.

Vocally, Ningning probably sings a bit better than Rose, but we don't really know since Rose doesn't really get much opportunity to show the full extent of her skills.

If you talk about visuals, Jisoo fits better I think (in the sense that I look at Jisoo and can probably understand why she is a visual, whereas I look at Winter and probably wouldn't look at Winter and think 'Oh, that's a visual right there') - but this isn't really a talent.

They appeal to the west because they seem more badass which is what a lot of Westerners like in their girl groups as viewed in the success of Destiny's Child, Little Mix, etc

i dunno...I feel only Jennie & Lisa embody that 'badass' concept. I don't look at Rose & Jisoo and think "wow, they look badass". I think they're very pretty though but they don't give the intimidating vibes on stage like Jennie & Lisa.

No what I know is songs topping the charts and people continuing to be racist towards the culture that gave them those hit songs. If anything racist people consuming content from ppl they don’t like while reaping their art is much much more common.

Korea is not more or less racist for not consuming some music. Doesn’t change anything.

Pointing out Korea is generally racist towards SEA isn't racist. It's stating a fact. Consuming Korean pop culture exports while acknowledging that isn't mutually exclusive. I can consume Hollywood movies while also acknowledging the flaws in the industry, such as unequal pay for women, systemic racism, etc.

This works the other way as well - you can acknowledge that SEA is subjected to discrimination from Northeast Asians while pointing out their Southeast Asians themselves also practice colorism & class discrimination within their own countries.

In the end, it doesn't matter if Korean like Lisa or not. She's been doing her best without their support, as she has throughout her entire career. It's their right to like whoever they like, and even if they like their countrymen more than Lisa, that's also their prerogative. They don't need to defend their own preferences.

But to deny that Lisa is treated differently (often negatively) by the Korean public has nothing to do with her race is utter BS.

The people here who are refusing to acknowledge Korea's generally racist attitudes toward SEA or how it affects how Lisa is received in Korea has probably never been the receiving end of racism yourself and severely lacking in empathy. You're probably the same type of people who say "racism against black people isn't real. Look at Beyonce and all these black celebrities in the media".

You probably never know how it feels like to walk down the street and have people judge you and your character just based on the color of your skin and your physical features. You probably never had opportunities taken away from you or passed over, ignored, or looked at as lesser than before opening your mouth. SEA people do. When they go overseas, when they go online - sometimes even in their own countries. Sometimes even when you become as big and successful as Lisa, there will still be people who think you don't deserve your success because somehow your fans are less valid or lesser than fans of other races. People who refuse to see this and still try to come up with all sorts of messed up logic to defend their ~KpOp FaVeS~ disgust me. Try being less of a stan and be more of a decent human being.

It's kinda scary how Lisa Karma is actually a thing...like when she gets given the same outfit for her concert- Swalla goes viral, gets sent to a military show - ends up as dance mentor for one of the most popular show in China, people were trying to push down Lilifilm 3 choreo as plagirized, her legs go viral worldwide...everytime something bad happens to her, she comes back bigger and slaps her haters in the face in the most unexpected ways. If I was a hater I'd pop and vein and have a stroke by now.