Posts by gugudadadan

The law for suing against defamation of royalty (i.e. lese majeste) can be filed by anyone against anyone.

My garbage man can file lese majeste against me, I can file it against my neighbor if I f feel like it. The police is obligated to investigate all lese majeste accusation. So it gets weaponized by people since literally anyone can use it to destroy other peoples' lives. No need to have any connection to royalty at all. That's what's so f-cked up about it.

i think the reason people say Chinese idols are 'better' (I've definitely heard this before in Asian communities, but I'm not surprised if you're only browsing in English-speaking K-Pop communities and didn't get this impression) because China has a massive population, so the people who rise to the top are supposed to be the very best of a huge talent pool, hence their visuals and talent should statistically be higher than those coming from a smaller talent pool.

Similar to the Olympics - if you get a the top 5 percent of 1.4 billion people, and the top 5% of 50 million people, it'd be normal to assume that the top 5% of the first group would be 'better'. I know people definitely praised Chinese idols as being more technically skilled and have godlike visuals before. Not because the average Chinese person is better looking, but because they just have way more people to choose from.

For anyone who thinks Thai people are overreacting - imagine if one day Kim Jong Un's right hand man's daughter debuted as an idol (after receiving money plundered from the people to fund her lifestyle, training, education, etc.), have photographed evidence of her attending North Korean military parade and government meetings, are you still going to be like "Yay queen! She's her own person - she doesn't deserve to be held accountable for her family's actions!"

Thailand does not have "coming out" culture. No celeb ever said "Hey! I'm gay" and such action could be deemed as attention seeking. Coming out here is more of not hiding and, for her parent to know meant she had never hidden.

This is obviously a lie. Woody, one of the biggest celebrities - the Ellen Degeneres of Thailand, even did a TED talk on it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Plenty of Thai celebs talk about it on TV shows.

So she shouldn't follow her dreams because of the actions of her father/family...Sins of the father...

And i doubt her family was solely responsible for destroying the whole of Thailand.

Not just her family. She herself have also attended the protests to bring down a democratically elected government and plunged the country into an authoritarian military-ruled dictatorship today. Millions of people have suffered through the 7 years of mismanagement, people have died - from poverty, mismanagement of vaccines, unemployment. Millions of kids who had dreams of a better future were directly affected by the actions of her family. Her father was one of the leaders of the movement that paved the way for military rule. It's like saying "Joseph Goebbels wasn't responsible for the Holocaust" - yeah no shit, but he was a key player and had he not committed suicide, he would've been tried as a war criminal. You don't take it seriously because you never had to live through it.

You should be ashame of yourself that your "dream & future" means everybody having the opposite worldview should die.

You should first stop being dumb and educate yourself that Thailand is now under authoritarian "democratic" administration and not dictatorship.

You're disgusting. You know it's not a democratic administration in any real sense of the word. You know the law and the constitution have been amended to systemically enable the military to hold on the power at the expense of the people. You know this and the fact that you support this just says everything there is about you as a person.

So thai fans want her to do what?

Disown her deceased father?

Not debut maybe? Think about it - her family destroyed the country, stole away millions of peoples' dreams & future, while she gets to live happily and pursue her dreams. While she gets to go to Korea and become an idol, kids born the same year as her have spent the last 100 days in prison for asking for human rights that her family has a direct role in taking away from them. This is bigger than K-Pop.

Same in Thailand. Thai BL actors are much more globally relevant & popular than Thai mainstream actors, yet the Thai GP still view them as bottom of the celebrity barrel despite the fact that they have a much more passionate/free-spending fanbase. I do think the fact that their fanbase is mainly young female does have something to do with it.

People bashed Blackpink for being IG models because being big on Instagram is somehow supposed to be 'lesser' than being a traditional idol, yet it's the reason Blackpink are now global superstars who can walk around proudly in Hollywood while their faves couldn't.

It's pretty obvious that being popular on Instagram brought them clout, which brought them brand deals with top luxury brands, which brought them even more clout - it's a self-perpetuating cycle.

Now that Tiktok is the next big thing, being big on Tiktok is literally the best thing that can happen. Their faves are desperate to get Tiktok famous but no one's tuning in.

I am not a Twice fan, but I must say that since they evolved their sound, I love every titletrack they release

Actually I feel like ever since The Feels era, they've been backtracking on their sound. It feels like they're thinking "OK, this whole maturing thing isn't really working out, let's go back to doing what people knew and love us for".

Scientist/The Feels could've come before What is Love or DTNA and it wouldn't be out of place.

Also Jisoo isn’t traveling anywhere either apart from her Dior event , but I don’t see people complaining that much about it. Lisa might have her reasons.

The difference is that Lisa's brands have been vocal about wanting her to appear in person but wasn't able to, whereas we haven't really heard that from Jisoo's brands, so for Lisa - it feels like a lot of missed opportunities.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At first I thought it was really strange, but then it made sense.

She's not a real person. She's a virtual idol. Her real identity is Lalisæ. YG created her & her whole backstory.

She had to attend all these events virtually, she's the most mysterious from the beginning, least accessible out of all the Pinks, her Instagram are all #ad, post almost nothing of her personal life. We have zero idea who she's friends with.

It takes a lot more resources to deploy her than the other girls because they need to employ animators, 3D modelers, voice actors and artists, so that's why she can't attend as many events are the other girls. That's also the reason she keeps getting the same clothes, hair and backdrops in appearances, because they're too lazy to create new assets all the time. She didn't get sent to music show because it wasn't worth it to create live renderings just for her solo performances. They made her a foreigner so that they can justify when her spoken voice sounded unnatural or rendered. They made her Thai because it's cheaper to hire Thai actors to pretend to be her family back home than to hire Korean actors. It's also the reason she can't appear with other celebrities when attending events in Thailand for her endorsements & have to have a separate show just for her.

This might seem like a closely guarded secret, but some in the K-Pop industry actually knew about this, such as SM. That's why after seeing the success of a virtual idol Lalisæ they decided to make her into their entire group concept. That's why æ-Ningning looks so much like Lisa. She's their prototype.

There's speculation that having a Thai passport makes things more complicated than for the Korean members. But it would be helpful for YG to clarify, and not sit back and let the CEO's of luxury brands do it for them.

I hate that people keep bringing this up without even bothering to look into it. NO, COVID travel restriction isn't based on your passport. It's based on the country you are travelling from - COVID's not gonna suddenly decide to jump on you because you're Thai and not Korean. Your likelihood of having COVID varies depending on which location you're living in. In Lisa's case, she is travelling from South Korea, same as the other girls.

Plus take into the account that SO MANY Thai influencers are flying to the US & Europe every single day to get MRNA vaccines (previously unavailable in Thailand) without having to quarantine, so this clearly isn't the case. Lisa herself didn't even get quarantined when she went to France so that should be enough proof that it's not a legal thing. She even said clearly she was vaccinated herself (in a fanmeet).

I feel like people who keep bringing up the whole passport thing doesn't have a passport/know how a passport work or traveled overseas in their lives. Like sure, nothing wrong with that but in that case they should stop talking about something they have no idea about and making up false claims with zero evidence to back it up.