Posts by gugudadadan

The police dismissed all the charges against her accusers

That just means there isn't enough evidence to prove that they were defaming her. The accusers also didn't have any evidence that she was a bully. In fact, Soojin has been the most transparent about this case - willing to take things public and prove her innocence.

On one hand we have:

Soojin - Provided lengthy explanation from her side with documented evidence from her school records

On the other hand we have her accusers:

Vitamin Sisters - changed their stories multiple times, provided zero evidence

Online accusers - multiple purported bullied classmates all proven to have been made by one account

SSA - refused to clarify WHATSOEVER apart from posting cryptic IG stories to stir up public speculations

Any 5 year old could see who acted more suspiciously in this case.

Thai school uniform boom in China fuels hope for tourism recovery
    Social media post by Chinese actress starts cosplay trend among visitors
    asia.nikkei.com

Thai school uniform boom in China fuels hope for tourism recovery

Social media post by Chinese actress starts cosplay trend among visitors

https%253A%252F%252Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%252Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%252Fimages%252F8%252F6%252F6%252F1%252F44791668-10-eng-GB%252FCropped-1679202308c1_2523235.jpg?width=700&fit=cover&gravity=faces&dpr=2&quality=medium&source=nar-cms
    Chinese customers pose in Thai student uniforms at the Sriphan store. (Photo from Sriphan's Facebook page)KOSUKE INOUE, Nikkei staff writerMarch 19, 2023 14:03 JST

BANGKOK -- Sparked by a single social media post, Thailand's school uniforms have become a major draw for Chinese tourists, prompting hopes of a possible boost to the southeast Asian country's tourism industry.

"This is the first time in the 60 years since our founding that we have received so much attention," said Yenjit Atsawaprichawong, owner of Sriphan, a school uniform store in Bangkok. Since March, Chinese customers, mainly women in their 20s, have been visiting the shop almost every day, purchasing uniforms to wear while taking pictures in various places.

The boom can be traced to a recent social media post by Ju Jingyi, a popular Chinese actress and singer. In February, Ju posted photos on Instagram of herself wearing a Thai school uniform, apparently dressed as a character from the Thai comedy movie "A Little Thing Called Love."

Uniforms are required at many junior high schools and high schools in Thailand. A girl's uniform typically consists of a dress shirt with a ribbon tied at the collar and a knee-length navy blue skirt. The basic uniform for boys is a white dress shirt and shorts. Girl's uniforms at Sriphan sell for 600 baht ($17) for a full set.

The emergence of school uniforms as a potential tourist attraction for Thailand would follow in the footsteps of Japan. Known around the world, the country's high school girl's uniforms have been a boon to the Japanese tourism industry, with visitors dressing up in the outfits and buying them as souvenirs.

In 2022, the Thai government launched a committee under the guidance of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha to oversee the promotion of Thai culture as part of a wider push to boost the country's soft power. The committee has since rolled out several initiatives, including a tour launched on a trial basis last summer of filming locations for Thailand's popular "boys' love" TV dramas.

China accounted for nearly 30% of all foreign tourists entering Thailand before the pandemic, the most of any country. The recovery of the tourism industry -- the backbone of the Thai economy -- is expected to depend on inbound Chinese tourist numbers, underscoring the potential value of the new school uniform trend.

It's a cute 48 tradition.

Here's from the Thai 48 groups (BNK48 & CGM48)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've never seen such an all-out fan war before. Usually they're a bit more subtle taking snide shots at each other, but this time all the claws are out in full force. Each fandom is trying to outdo each other and the one that stands to benefit the most is Celine.

This event probably garnered more hype than any in the past because now each fandom has a direct champion to fight for and a clear opponent - in a very publicized singular event.

Usually it's just this fandom hyping that achievement over a period of time but none where the 2 are put together do directly head to head in one event.

I wonder if this is all planned, or if it just kinda happened organically.

Don't know why people keep invalidating (G)I-DLE despite their success speaking for itself.

Latata a hit - "yeah but they're one-hit wonders"

Hann charting better than Latata - "Yeah but less impact"

Had the most impact on Queendom - "Yeah but they didn't win"

Lion most successful song from Queendom - "Doesn't count as a comeback"

Dumdi Dumdi genuinely popular - "Depends on what they do next"

Hwaa winning 10 music shows - "Yeah but it dropped after Soojin's scandal"

Came back with Tomboy with 130+ PAK - "Depends on what they do next"

Like LITERALLY any other group with this trajectory would be a Top 5 group by now but people keep diminishing (G)I-DLE's achievements. If they were from a Big 3, you'd be saying they're EASILY one of the Top 3 groups. Self-producing, self-composing, self-choreographing GIRL GROUP with a self-written NATIONAL HIT. People keep saying they've been lucky since they've debuted and that they're gonna disappoint next comeback, yet each time they come back they prove their doubters wrong and that the NEVER DIE.

Thing is (G)i-dle also would be in CLC's position if they didn't have perfect timing for their debut. They were so lucky they debuted when they did. No real competition on the charts at that moment made them "monster rookies" so all eyes were on then as they climbed to stardom.

Lightsum debuted at a bad time and now people are moving on. So they NEED to be active again or else their fandom will be nothing.

what are you talking about...Idle, Loona, Izone, Fromis9, etc. all debuted in 2018. People were saying it's a bloodbath back then and the year of Monster Rookes. You coucan search thsi on Twitter. Funny how a few years later, you are saying there's "no real competition".

No eyes were on Idle. They sold 260 copies on debut day. They had ZERO debut hype. Latata was a surprise organic hit that no one expected.

People love to find reasons to invalidate Idle's success. Tomboy came back at the same time as Jay Park, IU, Red Velvet, StayC, Oh My Girl, Stray Kids, etc. and people are still saying "They only got PAK because it was an empty house"....like???

They're around Top 5-10, but the difference between Number 4 & Number 5 is like an order of magnitude bigger in terms of market capitalization.

Looking at the real numbers, if assuming YG is the smallest of the Big 4, their market cap is at 1.3 trillion won, whereas Cube's market cap is at 326 billion won, so YG, the smallest Big 4, is is 300% bigger than Cube.

So yeah, the people saying they're "just behind" YG/JYP/SM needs to get a grip.

You can also compare their social media numbers here:

Top 20 Kpop Entertainment Companies - Best of 2022
    Thanks to the success of BTS, Kpop entertainment companies are reporting all-time high profits and pop groups are getting global exposure.
    seoulspace.com

Obviously not from a personal perspective. I'm sure all the girls are hurting and went through hell this past year, but from a business perspective, do you this the year-long hiatus & the scandal actually benefited them?

They not only made a comeback, but they came back knocking down the door, guns blazing, taking no prisoners, Melon Top 10, RAK, highest sales, highest charting, everything. I'm wondering could this be attributable to the scandal?

Like maybe they were absent for so long that the GP got left wanting more and anticipating just built up (a la Blackpink) - I don't think this is the case since Neverland were never that big or rabid of a fandom that could still maintain the hype after months of silence. Even now we're pretty lazy and no one is streaming the video, it feels like it's all the GP.

Or maybe they benefited because the GP knows what they've gone through and felt sorry for them that they decided to check it out and turned into a fan?

What do you think?

They're both great groups - it's gonna be an awesome promotion era with the top 4th gen self-made BG going against the top 4th gen self-made GG!

The fandoms have been nice and respectful of each other and as a Nevie, I wish Stays good luck! You guys are such a strong fandom that I'm slightly worried for our girls but we'll work hard! (STREAM HARDER NEVIES THEY NEED THIS 😭)

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't understand the people here saying she should've just apologized or just kept quiet.

I'm very sure in her mind that she truly believed she didn't bully anyone. That is HER truth.

If you were at school and someone accused you of stealing, and you got suspended - do you think you should just falsely admit to it and apologize just so you can be allowed to enter the school again? If I was Soojin's parents and the same thing happened to my kid, I'd be immensely proud of her for standing up for her truth and keeping her integrity intact - even if that meant she's going to get expelled.

I'm still immensely proud of Soojin today that she maintained her innocence and stuck with it since Day 1 (unlike her accusers who keeps flipflopping on their stories repeatedly). I'm very sad that Soojin left the group, but I'm much happier knowing she left like this than to know that she made some BS apology just to rejoin the group.

I'm a Nevie but to be completely honest, I don't think any of Idle's members are Aces. I don't think any of them are particularly strong enough in all fields to be an outstanding solo artist.

Yet the strange thing is when Idle members all come together, there's such great combinational chemistry that the sum of their parts turn into a complete group that appears stronger and more charismatic than even a group full of aces. All of the girls are distinct and bring something unique to the group that together just makes them a really outstanding group.