Posts by gugudadadan

in her tiktok content, she's giving the squid game character what skincare products should they use, when ali part came in, she gave the most skincare products in particular most of them are brightening products

See this is the problem. It starts with people retelling the story without context and start putting in embellishments like "most of them are brightening products" (they weren't), and suddenly, based on that half-truth version of the story - she ends up sounding like a legit racist when that wasn't the case at all.

She was just doing a popular Tiktok meme (good/many products for people you like, bad/little products for people you dislike, yourself for people you find hot) but people were already prejudiced against her so they're ready & eager to accept the version of truth that paints her in the worst light.

I mean do people not understand that this is the whole nature of a Tiktok meme/trend format? You find a joke, then just copy and make variations of it.

Sorn's video is based off a trend that's been done a hundred times before her (usually with food).

The format is:

You find someone you dislike/bad: Give them shitty/little stuff

You find someone you like/good: Give them good/lots of stuff

You find someone hot: Give them yourself

Like she literally just copied & pasted this joke format and applied it to skincare.

It wasn't like this was on her channel & she just started rudely recommending people skincare out of nowhere. It was on Wishtrend's account where every other post is also related to skincare/make up products. People just took it out of context & put it onto Twitter without giving any background info, so other people started assuming she's randomly judging peoples' skin/appearance & rudely telling them they need skin products. Mix that with the fact that there's a dark skinned person in the mix & suddenly you have a racism controversy (which is shitty because it trivializes actual racism for the sake of their performative wokeness).

Sorn is annoying & unoriginal but she wasn't being racist on this occasion. I feel bad how people are so quick to show they lack of critical thinking & just assume the worst of her.

EDIT: Here's an example.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

idc what person sorn is but that post is clearly disgusting you can keep justifying it but that explanation makes no sense whatsoever.. I have watched squid game, most people here have and still see a problem.. stop telling us that we owe her an apology for her disgusting and insensitive post

Sorn didn't post it - Wishtrend did. It was clearly a paid marketing campaign that they didn't think all they way through.

I think people are very quick to view everything through the lens of race when that probably wasn't their intention (like why would they?)

If Ali's character was Korean, and had the same plotline, same character, the post would still have made sense.

If people think she's a racist person for her past actions or whatever, that's fine. But on this occasion, I think it's a big case of miscommunication. If she was endorsing a food brand and she replaced the skincare products with food, no one would have a problem with it whatsoever.

But because the company that hired her is a skincare brand, and Ali is dark-skinned, suddenly everyone automatically sees this through the lens of skin color (which completely missed the point).

You can choose to interpret it however you want, but I'm not going to accuse someone of racism when that wasn't their intention. Try actually looking at the clip again before making snap judgments.

please they love ali so much that they give him all the products with that disgusted face...

I swear someday I will see claims of people justifying murder too.... decreased the population, made earth less heavy you know...

She wasn't giving Ali a disgusted face. Her expression was "Here's all these products" and then she smiled.

She gave Sangwoo a disgusted face, and Minyeo & Ilnam an "ugh" face (reflecting their characters). I can see why people would interpret it differently but even if Sorn is dumb, it's unlikely the brand would be dumb enough to post a racist joke on their official account. They clearly saw it through the perspective of it being an inside joke for show-watchers and assumed everyone would know they were referring to the characters - but clearly that wasn't the case.

I don't like Sorn either and I think she's not that great of a person, but I also don't like it when people are quick to misinterpret and make the wrong snap judgment without even thinking it through properly. Wrong is wrong, but falsely accusing people of things they didn't do is also wrong.

natty?

not really, but she's the closest i can think of

Natty is probably the most tragic out of all the Thai idols tbh. She went into Sixteen as a happy, confident girl and she left a shell of herself. You can see how much it affected her in Idol School about how she said she always believed she's ugly because everyone told her that as a 13 year-old. Even now when you see her, she always seem a little sad. She was definitely someone broken by the idol system. And the worst is that unlike the other Thai idols, she didn't come from a wealthy family that could've helped buffered her from that. She was literally wanting to debut as soon as possible so she can start making money to support her family.

Minnie & Lisa on the other hand are from wealthy families and none of them have spoken publicly about being unhappy in Korea. Maybe they are unhappy but they've never talked about it publicly. Minnie said the first year was hard and she cried all the time, but then she said she enjoyed herself more than ever when she started to understand people. Lisa on the other hand said the trainee days were the best days of her life and she really enjoyed the challenge.

i think this could've been done better if she gave the good products equally to all the good characters (plus not picking the good looking casts for herself) and told that she's endorsing the product or something, what she did was a big miscommunication instead

I think it was posted on Wishtrend's account so they/she thought people would already know that it's a paid endorsement. But then it was taken out of context on Twitter so people just assumed she posted it on her own account & was being racist for shits & giggles.

Guys, I think we owe Sorn an apology.

When I first saw it I thought wtf and thought she was being racist and annoying as well.

But then I looked at it again and saw the response for each of the characters and realized she actually put more thought into this than we think.

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED SQUID GAME

One thing to establish first - this is featured on Wishtrend's account so clearly they hired her and wanted her to portray the products as something positive.

Gihun - The main character, a bit iffy but still ultimately portrayed as a good character. Gets the Vitamin C product, which she portrays as being good.

Minyeo - a morally grey character, kinda bad but has some redeemable moments. She was gonna give her 2 products but throw one away since she's not that great of a person.

Gong Yu - he's hot. She gives him herself (a joke guys).

Sang Woo - A bad asshole. She gives him an oxidized expired product with a squeamish face.

Ali - Everyone's favorite character. She gives him all the products (remember, she's being hired by Wishtrend, she's supposed to portray the products as being good and getting all the products is supposed to be a good thing).

Ilnam - The old man, he turns out to be the ultimate villain behind the games. She gives him a dead stare and a cotton pad.

Saebyeok - The cool girl everyone loves. She gives her herself again because Hoyeon is hot and it's ~trendy~ to be a gay girl on Tiktok (or at least find other girls attractive).

I totally get why people would think she's being racist and ignorant at first, but then that'd make no sense given that this was a paid ad job. If people didn't watch the Squid Game, didn't know anything about the plot or the characters, and just judge everything by the cover, I can see how it can be interpreted negatively. But if you watched it and know the characters, suddenly it makes a lot more sense.

It's definitely rigged, although I don't know to what extent.

I follow the Thai idols & their placements were always suspicious - you can tell there was definitely some backdoor dealings involved.

Let's do Produce 101/Chuang.

Season 1 - Sunnee - 8th, Mimi - 9th.

Sunnee was definitely popular enough to get a much higher placement (as you can see in post-debut activites, her fanbase was always the 4th/5th highest), Mimi was definitely not popular enough to have gotten 9th, most likely she's been rigged in, or at least to place higher.

Season 3 - Nene - 5th

This was suspicious as well, as Nene placed 2nd/ 3rd throughout the entire season, and even ranked 1st on the first day of voting. Based on publicly available information regarding the amount of funds raised, the amount of her funding converted into votes is comfortably much higher than the votes for 3rd place, so she should've ranked at least 3rd.

Season 4 - Nine - 5th, Patrick 9th

Suspicious as well, since although Nine was quite popular, he was definitely nowhere near popular enough to rank 5th. He didn't even have the huge Thai support like Patrick did. Conversely, Patrick has broken Top 5 and ranked much higher consistently throughout, and have much more visible fan support both in Thailand, China & internationally than Nine, yet he ranked lower in the finals. Many popular Japanese trainees such as Caelan & Hiroto should've ranked as well according to the number of votes & fundraising, but the show couldn't risk having too many foreign members since if we went by actual number of votes, 7 out of 11 members would've been foreign which definitely doesn't look great for the Chinese market.

So yes, it's definitely rigged but who knows to what extent.

For people saying the US is closed to Thais...this is definitely NOT the case. Loads of Thai influencers on social media are flying to the US to get vaccinated everyday as if they're taking a lunch break to the grocery store down the street. They definitely have less power than Lisa, so if they can do it, it's definitely not her nationality that's stopping her from entering the US or Europe.

YG wanted her to be the Minzy. Her being the most popular was never the plan so YG is trying to sabotage her and restrict her.

I kinda agree. It's similar to Giselle & Ningning. Apart from opening up their respective home region's markets, they're basically there to be the accessories to the main girls (i.e. Karina & Winter). It's working out exactly the way SM planned it. Lisa was meant to just be there to open up the SEA market and be the support act to the main girl (Jennie). They never intended for her to be challenging the main girl for being FOTG.

The worst part is not only do they continue to support him, but they're blaming the woman and saying it's her fault. And most of the people victim blaming are women themselves. It's sad that their obsession with celebrities prevent them from being decent human beings.