Posts by valory

Chanyeol's issue is complicated, its not as simple as asking whether he cheated or not. I'm neutral on the issue, and approach it more from a court perspective. 'Does this hold up in a court room?' No.

Racist - 'a person who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.'
    That's what racism is. It didn't seem malicious to me. It was stupid and distasteful.

I don't remember if Baekhyun said something, I remember the others saying it though. Care to link the video? Koreans find nothing wrong with this behavior, so comparing them to my standards is a bit unfair. Are they insensitive and wrong? Yes.

I believe dismissing people as delulus without hearing their views is narrowmindedness. Some people like you seems to love engaging in extreme views. You have a brain just like I do, engage in critical thinking more often than just taking it all in as it is.

There's no evidence for Chanyeol.

Chen mentioning Kunta Kinte was distasteful, not racist. Look up what racist means and tell me how it is that.

They haven't been colorist in 7 years or about that. Also, applies to most koreans, so I don't blame them.

False claims? Nope. They’re all factual.....

You can choose to be ignorant of his dangerous views but that’s all up to you.

:pepe-simp:

Nice projection there. I'd say the same to you, you can choose to be ignorant. After all, not dangerous views, but dangerous actions determines whether someone is bad.

You remind me of the quote 'you can lead a horse to water, but not make it drink it'. So far, you've been interested in accusing than listening to reason. You don't seem dumb, so are you just afraid to admit it? Small.

I also noticed that you show signs of a controlling person, why do you care whether I say Exo are good? Are they running for president or something? Why let it bother you? I get the impression I'm talking to someone unhealthy. Or are you an anti?

Even if I said I like Seungri, it shouldn't be a concern of yours. Its not your problem, you have no right to try to silence others. That's what makes you a bigot. If you can't help yourself, try not to bother others with it. See ya.

Coerced my ass, so many more korean-origin idols and far more bigger and influential chinese celebs that haven’t said shit, he’s a communist dog. End of discussion.

Chinese celebs, famous and nugu, spoke in support for the CCP.

It seems you are either,
    1. Trying your best to make me eat my words.
    2. Believing this without critical thought.

Also, you started this discussion. But you also insulted Lay and made false claims, so don't expect the end.

You have an extremely one sided view of a complex issue, are all North Koreans bad since they 'support' Kim Jong-un? How isn't it that's not what's happening here? When these celebs give such identical messages in support.

I absolutely can't blame those who support brutal regimes out of fear for their safety. The best outcome for speaking against a government in some places is jail. I can count in my head at least 7-9 popular countries, including China, where that is true. Ask the many dead journalists and activists what happened when they spoke up. Yes they spread awareness and inspired others, but only a minority of the population follow them in action. If we go by that, most people are bad.

And I simply don't agree. Good and bad coexists, when bad overlaps the good, we say bad people, and vice versa for good people. All Lay's done is live according to his government's values, do what he's asked to as he can't refuse nor show disloyalty. He's probably an ideal, good citizen in his eyes, which is true if you're Chinese.

Lay doesn't/can't speak up, when,
    1. CCP isn't against him.
    2. Has Korean links/still in Exo, so has to do his best to convince his loyalty.
    3. It means death, jail or obscurity.

Even if he wanted to, how can he throw everything away, and against his country too? Or jeopardize the lives of his loved ones? And what good can Lay possibly achieve by doing it, other than impress some people? Rhetorical questions.

He could be coerced to do all this, there are similar instances of this happening in India for example. I doubt Lay will be the commander of anything, people in power use him more or less like an influencer.

I mean being a blatant supporter of the CCP and pushing that agenda on their western fans doesn’t really make you a good person, hella chinese idols did show support for the ccp but he was by far the worst and threatened korean companies to switch their beliefs in support of the CCP. The CCP that is conducting a genocide atm, pushing agenda to steal korean culture, claiming south east asian territory and bullying them 24/7, already committed mass genocide previously, police brutality against hong kongers, practically ready to invade taiwan any day now, destroys minority cultures after colonizing them, and was the biggest reason the korean war happened, he has guts to be honest, good thing koreans don’t want see Mr. Communist Youth Party. Complete fuck up of a human, any body with any sense of morals would agree but their seems to be too many Stalin wannabes in this forum.

:pepe-cowboy:

I forgot Lay was even in Exo lol. I understand Lay's predicament, since it seems more nuanced than it looks. If the CCP is as bad as you make them out to be, would the average person, let alone a celebrity on the rise speak out about them? I think not. The comparisons are plenty in every country, I don't seem them as bad people, which would mean I consider most human beings as bad.

Bighit is too early to tell how they are going to go in terms of being worst.

SM treats their idols the best among the 3 in terms of career, at least in comparison. Their concepts, lore and all are done well too. So, I'm gonna let them have a pass.

YG is strange, I don't know much about them except the most horrible stuff. However, BP is awesome. Bigbang and Akmu are cool too.

For JYP, he seems like a bad guy tbh, someone with a big Ego. No offense to any of their artists as I think they are great, but I've never seen a Jyp Mv or song and went 'wow'. There's nothing really stand out about them in comparison with the other two. So yeah, Jyp.