Posts by vimo03

treasure don't lack visuals tho :dancer:

They look plain and boring. Or YG wants them to look like that for some reasons.

It is true that when it comes to visuals YG has higher standard for girls. I definitely do not see Treasure working with luxury brands like BP that's for sure.

Don't care about other YG boygroups but Treasure has so many glaring problems

- Bare minimum effort spent on music activities. En- who debuted months after them already released 2 mini albums and confirmed to release a full album next month, meanwhile Treasure is still on their debut album

- Bare minimum effort spent on visual department. IDK what happened to YG stylists, back in YGTB days the trainees' stlying were on point, yet they get very plain boring styling after debut.

- Bare minimum effort spent on promotion. They got one headshot photo for each member, one countdown D-day photo for whole group, one MV teaser before release and done.

YG is awful in management and promotion, when you think surely they can't do any worse than this YG always manage to prove you wrong.

I mean there's a reason YG is on the way down. Their staffs never changed their poor way in managing and promoting. Imagine leaving a rookie with shaky position in the dust for 9 months while the competitions are fiercer than ever out there.

Even Treasure's own fans are leaving, they have much less hype now than they did before debut.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I miss treasure. I do realize that their first album has no repeat value. Wayo only.

Honestly they need to work in sub-units with less members. There's a reason why YG didn't want to debut all 13 members in one group at first, he knew they would suffer musically in such a big group.

It depends on the format of the release... If they go with releasing single albums again.. good luck breaking 250k.

If it's a normal album release then I can see them breaking 350k. In one of those financial reports of YG I read last month it seems the company's expecting around 300k for their sales so around that figure seems accurate.

Highly disagree I don't feel their fandom has growth much at all, especially in Kr. And please stop overestimating their JP fanbase when their JP debut didn't even break 100k, the real big contributors for all their funding / sales actually come from SEA fans, SEA fans is the biggest part of their fandom by far.

funny how yg/treasure stans are the ones who said since the first day of the reality about how this group was about to be huge, Yedam the new boyfriend, brother blah blah blah of Korea
    suddenly "haters" expected too much

Literally no Treasure fan said this except trolls on allkpop and some hardcore YG stans who you shouldn't take seriously anyway, most Treasure fans that watched them since predebut were happy they even got to debut at all after they disappeared for the whole 2019.

And Yedam being the most known 4th gen idol to the GP in Korea is the truth though, it's just that Korean people still know him as Yedam from kpopstar, they don't know he debuted in an idol group.

also besides they are doing great in physicals, is just that the entire industry increased on that

they still behind their peers

They already set physical records though? 1 Million sales within 4 months. They haven't had a comeback era since then, their last release was in Jan, I'm thoroughly confused which record they're supposed to be breaking right now during hiatus. The only "peer" that ahead of them in physical sales is Enhypen, who actually debuted in the same year under the same pandemic condition so the comparison actually makes sense.

They are doing alright but no need to bring up older YG groups for physical sales comparison, just like it doesn't make sense to compare their digitals to Treasure's digitals, different eras different concepts different target audience imo.

The only thing holding them back is YG...

yeah... They're a rookie group but going on 8 months without Korean comeback, I gave up on stanning because I'm completely sure YG will never stop being stingy with music releases.

It's true I already addressed this in the other topic, the hypocrisy is obvious. Other rookies are allowed to have bad results because they've just started and could grow further in future, meanwhile where's this energy for Treasure? You'd think they sold 20k and didn't chart anywhere the way some people talk about them.

I don't even stan Treasure anymore but I still need to say this. First their physical sales is very good for a rookie group, they also sells out their merchs quickly based on the reports I've seen.

Second the double standard people have for them is just strange, other new groups don't do well on charts too but people would just say "they're rookies they will grow" or "boy groups don't chart well anyway" meanwhile for Treasure they're already done and finished since they couldn't hit it big in their debut era?

Don't even try to compare them to YG's past groups when one look at Treasure and you could see how different they are from other YG groups, from their concept to members, music style... They also debuted at the time that YG was at the lowest reputation, any comparison with YG past groups is just silly.

Last their debut era ended in Jan 2021 and they haven't had a cb since then so of course there's no much hype or talk about them outside the fandom.

Makes sense now that I think about it, the groups that debuted during late 2017-2019 didn't seem to belong to a clear cut generation. I guess 2019 can be considered early 4th gen if we want to push it however there's no way 2017-2018 groups can be seen as rookies.

Groups that debuted from 2020 onward are in an unique situation due to the pandemic, that's what makes them different from the previous generation imo.

No I don't think it really helps otherwise all groups with Japanese members would be successful in Japan but it's clearly not the case.

People forget that Japan has their own idol culture, they have no shortage of idols to fawn over, the ones that like to support local idols would just support the domestic groups.

I already mentioned in another thread but look at the most successful Kpop groups in Japan, they are pure Koreans (bts, tvxq, bigbang).

I bet YG is waiting for live audience to be allowed again. YG groups' selling point is their stable live so due to the current situation it's not good timing to debut.

Treasure only debuted last year because YG had no other way as all their male trainees were already exposed in the survival show, with YGNGG they can take their sweet time as the trainees are still mysterious.

So yeah 2022-2023 debut for YGNGG.

People really overrate the Japanese members's impact in kpop groups, Jp is not as nationalist as Kr when it comes to accepting foreign idols, looking at the most popular kr boy groups in jp like bts, tvxq, bigbang.. they all have pure Kr members.

I'd say the biggest reasons for their success is the bts connection & the survival show.

treasure had a show tho, they also have way more japanese members

Treasure debuted nearly 2 years after their show so their hype was gone, Enhypen debuted few months after their show so their hype was intact. In the first place Treasure's show wasn't as big as Enhypen's anyway and nowadays people don't check on YG new groups like that.

btw who is the idol on your icon?

Asahi from Treasure

they are gonna be though YG always finds a way to milk them

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

These kinds of articles are put out weekly to assure investors though, they are meaningless with no action to follow through, fact is YG hasn't had a release since March. I'd be very surprised if they gave BP more than one single this year. Not to mention BP's contract renewal is in 2 years, if even one member decided to go YG would be left with nothing.

btw I was talking about YG, as a company, is in trouble. BP members themselves are fine, they are already established so they shouldn't be that concerned about what happens to YG from now on.