What do you guys think about this?

• monalisalove

Changed the title of the thread from “What do you guys think about this text?” to “What do you guys think about this?”.
  • It's been posted here already but yeah. The accusations definitely aren't covering up the volleyball players incident cuz everyone knew about that.

Still, I doubt all or even most of the accusations are true. If Koreans really have such a visceral reaction to it it's obviously a really easy way to bash an idol you hate.

The only thing I don't get is how it can garner this much attention and they still haven't given teachers more power to punish students?

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

• It's been posted here already but yeah. The accusations definitely aren't covering up the volleyball players incident cuz everyone knew about that.

Still, I doubt all or even most of the accusations are true. If Koreans really have such a visceral reaction to it it's obviously a really easy way to bash an idol you hate.

The only thing I don't get is how it can garner this much attention and they still haven't given teachers more power to punish students?

Oh, I didn't saw the other tread.

Tbh I am being neutral bc I think proof or at least more information is needed to prove it. But yes, I just don't think is to cover up the twins scandal.

• Oh, I didn't saw the other tread.

Tbh I am being neutral bc I think proof or at least more information is needed to prove it. But yes, I just don't think is to cover up the twins scandal.

threads keep being made about the bullying stuff so its easy to miss

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

• I mean the third point doesn't really sound much different from bullying in the US. Like I've seen a lot of people saying that bullying here isn't that bad and is mostly verbal, but it's really not. Plus you have to worried about getting shot.

Yes, I think school "authorities" are pretty useless when it comes to fighting bullying.. and the bullying itself can be pretty shit and result to a kid ending its own life, unfortunately.

On regard to teachers, when bullying was being addressed in SK since 80s (maybe earlier, but I first heard of it when I was a kid), usually the response is to throw it on teachers. Looking on the %, teachers do participate in trying to solve the problem when this is addressed. However, teachers are overburden with their own responsibilities already and most aren't really trained to deal with serious bullying.

Counselors specialized in bullying should be used instead IMO. The % of times bullying is dealt by counselors is very low as there aren't that many in schools. The main problem is reporting bullying is still not addressed well in schools and institutions. Again they throw it to the teachers without giving them the proper tools even if they cared. I guess this original poster tried to say this, but didn't expand much on the background of why teachers can't properly punish bullies.

Lately they just add more and more surveillance which IMO just increases stress and stats show it seems to not being that effective in decreasing bullying and school violence. They also plan to decrease age for punishments. All of this is just bandage and don't address the real issues and causes which is the stress and competitiveness in school. I'd say the environment is the main problem and very few places make any change to this. Koreans know the main problem, but the main problem is too attached to school culture and it's hard and/or there is lack of interest of changing this because we associate our success with it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!