Is it really a bad thing or bad move ??

• dreaming of becoming a kpop idol because you want to have enough fanbase to become an actor or start your own brand / build your own business or to become an influencer/youtuber online

is that really a bad thing ? why some people see this as a scam and say they just want to take the easy route ... :whatb:

“ < 4 you & her

• There's no reason to look down on the ways people go about their careers. I especially hate when people say how it's better when their idols are only focused on music because that means they are only in it for the music.

1. Not everyone can have a big enough sustainable income from music so should they not go the other routes to support themselves? Especially looking at his idols are looked at in Korea(as beneath other artists and actors)

2. They're are artists who have released an album in 2012 and then another one in 2021. Does that mean they don't care about their music? Exactly how do you capture(?) this for an artistic process. Why release something for the sake of releasing something.

• being kpop idol is certainly not easy and idol life especially if you are a female idol comes with a shelf life so why blame them for trying to make the most out of it to have a career after disbandment.

• Idols aren't often good actors, so they see it as someone popular getting the job because if their fans and not because of their acting talent and therefore ruining the drama and taking the chance away of someone talented.

For influencers and Youtubers it seems to be seen as the "easy route" and "shamelessly" spooning off their fans with minimal effort, especially when they don't release new songs. I mean influencers especially (and sometimes Youtuber too) have in a lot of countries a bad image of being stupid, lazy, entitled but still earning a lot of money for something almost everyone can do, so this is in general critised because they look down on the job(s)

• Idols aren't often good actors, so they see it as someone popular getting the job because if their fans and not because of their acting talent and therefore ruining the drama and taking the chance away of someone talented.

For influencers and Youtubers it seems to be seen as the "easy route" and "shamelessly" spooning off their fans with minimal effort, especially when they don't release new songs. I mean influencers especially (and sometimes Youtuber too) have in a lot of countries a bad image of being stupid, lazy, entitled but still earning a lot of money for something almost everyone can do, so this is in general critised because they look down on the job(s)

you have a point ✔

“ < 4 you & her

• its better than if the idol stop going public anymore after the idol career is over

• Someone brought good points up in the thread. Depends on how the idol portray themselves during their career or after they get the job, there's plenty of situations where I see it being not very professional.

1 - when the idol start lacking on promotions because they're "over" it (even worse if they're part of a group)

2- when they look down or completely erase their time as an idol despite it being the reason they're "famous", what a kick in the face of fans who always supported their career

3 - when they aren't clear about not being interested in music anymore and keep "holding" the fans on hopes they'll sing again

anyway in the end I think it's not about using the fame you have but more about the way you do it, IU does it perfectly tbh

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!