After all, which route is the best for K-pop idols to follow?

• Who knows me and interacts with me on Allkpop, probably knows I never make rants, I'm much more a fan of the appreciation/achievements/news threads route, but there's a suject right now really bothering me.

Bang Chan recently did a ment in the last Day of Seoul Concert where he opened his heart about a sensitive subject. He left his hometown when he was 13, was a trainee for 7 years. During this period, he saw a lot of people important to him coming and go. To the point he started to isolate himself, because he was afraid to grow bonds and lose them over and over again, as a cicle. For someone who is genuinely passionate about interacting and communicating, this was hard for him to go through, also so far from his family, and It lead him to develop... dark thoughts, also about what he shouldn't be doing with his life... If you know what I mean.

He met Stray Kids members, who he chose to debut with. They were people who stayed, who respected and understood his feelings, after a long time being alone.

So he's very thankful to them. He's thankful to the staff who took care of him when he was a kid and the staff who works behind the scenes. He's thankful to his fans who believed in the music he creates. So he said, he wanted to protect this people - the members, staff, fans - who help making the dream he left his home for becoming true and that now he's filled with positive emotions that he wasn't in the past.

And somehow, I don't know why, sharing his hardships, his gratitute and his affection is funny, embarassing, cringy. Okay... It might be for some and everyone is allowed to have their own perspective, but It's really worth it making fun of a person sharing some of his deepest vulnerabilities and about mental health? Chan is often "witch-hunted" for saying what he thinks and without deserving it, but this time the situation really rubs me the wrong way.

Then, I come back to "Which route is the best for K-pop idols to follow?", as the title of my thread says.

I often see criticism of people saying how much idols are fake, treating them as robots without any critical sense and real personality or as people who hide all their thoughts and emotions. Who only follow steps given by a Company. Of course, an exaggerated perspective, because things aren't that black and white. No one is completely true or fake in their jobs, not even us.

But when they somehow take off the mask and show their honesty, share about their personal living and real thoughts, without being problematic at all, they are... even more criticized.

Sometimes, I like when idols aren't afraid to be themselves and say what they think and what they feel honestly. But sometimes... I can't stop thinking about how the times they don't share anything at all, barely do or are being characters are the smartest moments. Because... they will suffer criticism and It's still hard to endure, but at least they'd be criticized for what they are not and not for their deep vulnerabilities as a real person.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• aw Mina... some people are just so mean spirited and joyless... too wrapped up in all this kpop stuff to act like decent human beings... there's just no reasoning with these types, they'll always be like that, and it'll bleed into other topics and hobbies their entire life.

though at the end of the day, he's well more loved than them and doing way more with his life than they ever will. And even though he goes through his mental ruts and depression sometimes, I think he knows that at the end of the day, especially with all the lovely people surrounding him, he's doing something amazing that's so greatly appreciated by thousands and thousands of people. Thus he'll always have something to be proud and happy about despite how hard these people try to tear him down on the daily for simply breathing.
    :send-love-bunny:

He's criticized about so many stupid subjects after every Chan's Room episode, that I can't even care much since they are ridiculous. But mental health will always be something I take too seriously to see and not be bothered.

Actually, this is something that happens to other idols too and It always rubs me the wrong way.

• This really bothers me as well.....

I think many people want to stan Puppets....ones who will speak up only if they want them to... And will keep quiet on the things they don't want them to be speaking on.

Like, isn't that unfair?

Maybe people are afraid to discover some of their favorites idols' thoughts go against their moral compass. Well, If It's what they think, then let they say If they want to...

• It’s jealously. Like I fully believe that people who mock people for expressing genuine emotion (be it joy or sadness or gratitude) are jealous of that feeling. They have so little in their actual lives that they truly care about and could move them in such a way that seeing that fact reflected back to them causes them to try and drag that person down to their level by belittling it.

I mean we see it all the time in society when women choose to be confident or independent and are then attacked by people too afraid to or just plain lacking the ability to be that as well. I believe it also Carrie’s over into any emotional display.

• haters be hating...

no matter what one does or doesn't do there will be those people in everyone's lives...and for idols they can't escape it given the internet and anonymity and all that...

best thing to do is to flood and hopefully drown out the negativity with positivity

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!