Unpopular Opinion: is Wonyoungs Yujin Favoritism key factor IVE Success?

• Explanation

I also it's unfair but after watch that I confuse

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• yeah I'm not watching some random kpop youtuber, but they're the faces of the group because they're already famous idols. It's the same logic movie studios use when they promote a movie using the extremely famous movie star that it's in.

• Maybe at the beginning they pushed Wonyoung but when Eleven took off the entire group rose with it thus squashing the Miss A factor. I think now their popularity is because of the group as a whole rather than one or two members

this. IVE did much better than Izone on charts and many people that like IVE never cared about Izone, we can see a lot of examples here in this forum.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• It would be dumb to not push Wonyoung/Yujin or to sideline them in their new group.

The thing is, yes even though they are pushed, but slowly other members are also getting recgnition. Yes Wonyoung/Yujin are still the 2 most popular in the group, but it is not like the other 4 are just being carried by the 2 of them because they are also getting recognised.

IVE is literally only a few months old, give them time. For me there are many reasons for their success

• It would be stupid to deny that Wonyoung/Yujin isn't a key factor so yes that is one of the reasons
    • The other 4 members, are strong enough to stand out as well. It's not like they are some normal girls being backup for Wonyoung/Yujin. The other 4 members all have good stage presence and talent to not be overshadowed too much by Wonyoung/Yujin. Note that it is very easy to be overshaodwed considering that Wonyoung/Yujin has literally 2.5 years ahead of them in the industry, and I would say for a group that is few months old, the other members are doing very well to prove that they are really talented and hardworking girls as well
    • Songs are also really important. If the songs are bad, IVE wouldn't be successful.
    • Being a 6 member group is also important. One of the reasons I think WJSN didn't work well with the addition of Yeonjung is that she is added to a group that is already really huge. To make things clear, WJSN isn't a flop group. They are selling really well for a GG and their songs even though are not top tier hits, are still fairly known

Right now as a really young group, IVE is doing very well. Digitally they are already one of the better 4th Gen GGs, add a few more years they probably would be like their seniors Sistar who are also legendary in digitals with many hits songs (provided the songs are consistently good), but with better physicals and I think they would be more successful in terms of generating revenue for the company.

• Well, I think she said it right tbh.

Wonyoung and Yujin favoritism is partly the reason of their success.

People who check out the group is mainly because they heard of Wonyoung and Yujin. Their fan wouldn't be happy when other have more lines and screentime than them, that why there is the 'Wonyoung and friends' controversy on their "ELEVEN" debut.

When their fan start to like them as a group then they don't care. It was a good strategy from Starship tbh.

Wonyoung and Yujin make people to get interested in the group, but music, other members, and others make those people stay and become a DIVE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!