I love the soft rock / progressive rock sound of BIGBANG's "Still Life"

• Yeah def. pulls up Beatles/"Hey Jude". What makes it work is that both elements are quality on their own and combined is even better.

A detail about TOP's vocal in this song is that it hits like an upright bass! His part ("For liiiiiiife") keeps pulling up a specific *local-area artist/song in my HUD (below).

• We don't talk about Still Life enough tbh. This song was soooo well done that I'm still trying to understand everything that happened there. It was a 3min thing, but it gave me so many different feelings and so many memories!

TOP "for life" is so touching, sad, such a simple sentence and booom, Idk, this song broke me emotionally!! Literally!

• Yes! When I first heard the beginning of the song I wasn’t sure where it was headed, genre-wise then the guitar riff on GD’s part played and it reminded me of soft rock ballads that I grew up on. It was so nostalgic that despite the fact I didn’t know what they were talking about, I felt it somehow.

Edited once, last by nahri ().

• We don't talk about Still Life enough tbh. This song was soooo well done that I'm still trying to understand everything that happened there. It was a 3min thing, but it gave me so many different feelings and so many memories!

TOP "for life" is so touching, sad, such a simple sentence and booom, Idk, this song broke me emotionally!! Literally!

Top’s part is my favorite in the whole song. While he sounds amazing as a rapper, his deep voice when he sings has a different….hmmmm, flavor, for lack of a better word.

The more I listen to the song, those three minutes don’t seem as short anymore. I feel like they said what they had to say, no more no less. I think I like this song even better than Flower Road.

• Yeah, the guitar solo during GDs rap sounds like it could be part of a song like Shine On You Crazy Diamond

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Are they trying to prepare us for the worse? :nervousk:

I have to say that I don’t really count Last Dance as a goodbye song but more of a “see you later” because of the inevitable military enlistment. Still Life got a different vibe….

However, since this is Bigbang we’re talking about and they’re not really known for being conventional I’ll go on record and say that an album is in the works and will drop when we least expect it.

clown-clown-meme.gif

• Another detail about the GD-Top contrast that I like was illustrated in this song.

Both are "chill-flavored" rappers but their energies are mostly opposite.

Both did a little singing and rapping. GD's energy mostly felt more yin to me and TOP's is def. more yang. The "angular" and "cutting" quality of TOP's flow balances out the softer nature of the track by serving as an additional percussive element.

GD's more yin and harmonious delivery hits on the same spectrum as none other than MAMAMOO's Moonbyul! Another one who is competent at rapping over softer material! She's def. more "melodic leaning" though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!