[theqoo] "BTS, MILITARY SERVICE UNCERTAINTY IS MAKING THINGS DIFFICULT" HYBE JOINS NATIONAL ASSEMBLY DEBATE

• [theqoo] "BTS, MILITARY SERVICE UNCERTAINTY IS MAKING THINGS DIFFICULT" HYBE JOINS NATIONAL ASSEMBLY DEBATE

AVvXsEiyrzVsEa7LaF1TCIJvJB_tCnZ_KdN8417w_rir-JqnZ6QImGFNblqnzSehYB5j0naprokzBhrs81KfspFDz-IJ9rnezWrzU9o19hrwgui_FnnJ02fajgudu7jJtPXOKq_KPZGp_8DG6_yjGk2Wi7apBLpiE6Ahbat-rLW2JL3WcSTkJlah3g1AglIR=s16000

Regarding the military service issue surrounding the BTS members, their agency HYBE has requested that the National Assembly come to a conclusion as soon as possible.

As the revision of related laws is pending in the National Assembly, deciding which direction to take is the upmost difficult thing to do, so they want the discussion to be completed as soon as possible.

At a press conference held at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, USA on the 9th (local time), HYBE Communications Chief Lee Jin-hyeong (CCO) said, "I hope that the discussion about the artist's military service will be settled in this National Assembly."

CCO Lee said, "Members have said they will 'accept the national call', but there is still no change," he added, "as the military service system has changed little by little since 2020, we are watching while consulting with the company."

As the draft amendment to the Military Service Act is submitted to the National Assembly, it is awaiting a decision.

CCO Lee said, "After the submission of the Military Service Act, (the BTS members) have entrusted the judgment and work to the company."

"It is true that artists are having a hard time because the military service system has been changing in recent years and it is difficult to predict the timing (of the decision)," the CCO Lee said. "It is also difficult for the members to come up with their own plan."

He continued, "I plan to come to a conclusion in a direction that is beneficial to both our society and artists," he said while urging the discussion.

Currently, a bill to amend the Military Service Act is pending in the National Assembly to allow alternative service by incorporating BTS and other popular culture artists who have achieved great achievements as 'art agents'.

On the other hand, regarding BTS being nominated for the Grammy Awards for the second consecutive year, the CCO Lee said that winning the Grammy Award cannot be a measure of evaluating the performance (of an artist's activities) and does not mean everything.

He also emphasized, "The company wants to see how far BTS can grow as artists and we want to be together with them until the end."

He added, "As you can see from the results of this year's 'Grammy', it is clear that BTS’s influence is growing in the US market. I think there are many music markets around the world left for them to expand in"

original post: here

1. If they are going for sure, they can just adjust their schedules beforehand so what's difficult about it? How can "uncertainty" make this "difficult"? They said themselves that they were gonna enlist

2. They are not enlisting ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I can bet on it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Why did they keep on insisting that they would go all this time? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. They kept saying that they'd enlist so I really thought that they would

4. If they are saying with their mouth that they are going but aren't going, then what makes them different from Steve Yoo? (T/N: Public figure who evaded military enlistment. Yoo had repeatedly stated on television that he would fulfill his mandatory military service. But in 2002, just before he was to be drafted, he became a naturalized U.S. citizen - cr: wiki)

5. I feel like the company is holding unto them; Bangtan said that they would go so why is everyone around them making a fuss?;;

6. They might have said that they would go themselves, but if the company came out saying things like that, the members would get criticized, their image would get worse, and hostility towards them would only grow.

7. Rather than saying all of this, it's better to just enlist cleanly. Why is the company blowing this thing bigger by saying these things?...

8. Bangtan are honestly a fascinating group. When the other groups received countless hate due to scandals, Bangtan has been steadily receiving hate for 5 years because of this

9. Just enlist. Enlist and you won't fail

10. Wasn't it decided that they would go for sure??? What are they waiting for? They are already procrastinating

11. I thought that they'd enlist for sure ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Looks like the company got scared about looking at their profit forecast

12. They said that they would go themselves so they'll go

13. Can a 31 y.o still not be enlisting though?

14. I don't want to blame BTS, this is all political agenda

15. I seriously dislike HYBE

16. A controversy that wouldn't exist if they just enlist ㅇㅇ

17. Just enlist soon then ㅋ

18. If they are not required to go, then it's better not to go so they are saying they are saying that they are having it hard because of the confusing exemption talks... I'm jealous, I wanna have those kind of worries too

19. I don't want them to enlist

20. HYBE, get in your right minds, you crazy f*ckers and shares-obsessed f*ckers

• I said this on twitter but the comments are really not surprising bc it is TheQoo so mostly the comments are from fans of other groups that are salivating over the thought of bangtan enlisting anyway.

• It's not just fans of other groups though, if they are going to extend the duration of military service in the near future while also creating more special exemptions, there will be some bitter backlash from your average korean males who don't even follow any kpop groups.

• It's not just fans of other groups though, if they are going to extend the duration of military service in the near future while also creating more special exemptions, there will be some bitter backlash from your average korean males who don't even follow any kpop groups.

Yes I agree. Especially bc the new president has proposed on making the enlisting time back to 24 mos so these days the reception towards them getting exempted is poor. But as a fan I’ll just simply trust their choices tbh.

• Yes I agree. Especially bc the new president has proposed on making the enlisting time back to 24 mos so these days the reception towards them getting exempted is poor. But as a fan I’ll just simply trust their choices tbh.

I think BTS will do fine either way, even if they end up enlisting they have a massive fandom that will support them, and will be waiting for their return.

why would they even extend it tho?

do they want to economy be hit and go low by that decision?

same if this article is about planing, then what about 'normies' who if enlistment will be even longer then they will probably put all marriage, and baby plans even further in the back, so SK population will decrease even more than it is nowadays...

not to mention that when corona hit Korea, I remember that there was one moment when on forums Koreans pointed out that 'real' time in military sometimes shortened even to 14-15 months because after 4 weeks of initial training people were back in home and then waiting for deployment to base, but because of corona situation sometimes that ticket didn't come for as long as 2 months, and later that time was added as 'time in service', same with being released 3-4 weeks earlier due to covid situation and too many people in base.

So wouldn't it technically be better for new prez to just announce that they will put more budget into military but overall time of new recruits to be shortened just like it was already happening during corona?? it will be win-win for everyone

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Imagine accepting an exemption after all those 'We're all going to enlist in the military when the time comes' preaching. The backlash is going to be HUGE.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Imagine accepting an exemption after all those 'We're all going to enlist in the military when the time comes' preaching. The backlash is going to be HUGE.

Jin actually said "... will enlist when called upon" and not "will enlist when time comes". Also, he didn't preach to anyone, only answered the question he was asked.

Stop twisting his words, it isn't amusing.

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• Jin actually said "... will enlist when called upon" and not "will enlist when time comes". Also, he didn't preach to anyone, only answered the question he was asked.

Stop twisting his words, it isn't amusing.

I'm not talking about Jin. I'm talking about Suga's lyrics, as netizens often use.

"Ooh, ooh, regarding military, we’ll enlist on our own when it’s time. Those bastards who used our names and tried to ride our coattails, to all shut up"

Also, Jin has said several times before that that he will fulfill his duty when the time comes when he is called. Either way, these words came out of their own mouths.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• I'm not talking about Jin. I'm talking about Suga's lyrics, as netizens often use.

"Ooh, ooh, regarding military, we’ll enlist on our own when it’s time. Those bastards who used our names and tried to ride our coattails, to all shut up"

Also, Jin has said several times before that that he will fulfill his duty when the time comes when he is called. Either way, these words came out of their own mouths.

The issue is Jin's enlistment as he is the first and he has officially said in interview that he would go when he is called.

You really using the lyrics from Suga's mixtape addressing how different companies are using BTS' names for their own benefit? Also, different translations:

Woo woo, we'll be sure to go to the military when it's time, so

All the bastards who tried to sell our name to freeload off us, shut up

And 'time' here can be any time, maybe even the time when they are called, like Jin said.

• Why are you acting like we're talking about something different? Did Jin say he will enlisting when he was called? Yes. Did Suga write lyrics about enlisting in the army when the time comes? Yes. I say netizens will always use these words against them, which they already do. I think it would have been much better if they had enlisted when the pandemic started. Now that the pandemic is almost over, other artists will start their concert tour, but Jin and Suga's deadlines are coming.

• Why are you acting like we're talking about something different? Did Jin say he will enlisting when he was called? Yes. Did Suga write lyrics about enlisting in the army when the time comes? Yes. I say netizens will always use these words against them, which they already do. I think it would have been much better if they had enlisted when the pandemic started. Now that the pandemic is almost over, other artists will start their concert tour, but Jin and Suga's deadlines are coming.

I am saying BTS members have always given nuanced, diplomatic answers when point blank asked about enlistment. Were the knetz expecting them to say "no, we will not enlist" or "yes, we will always enlist"? They never gave black and white answers, always open ended.

In the survey conducted by Dispatch more than 70 percent are in favor of granting them enlistment. If 'some' people are delibrately twisting their lyrics and answers and calling it preaching, then no one can do anything.

It's between Korean gov, BTS members, Hybe and Korean people. Whatever decision is taken, at the end, is of importance... not the emotions of certain knetz, yours or mine.

• I am saying BTS members have always given nuanced, diplomatic answers when point blank asked about enlistment. Were the knetz expecting them to say "no, we will not enlist" or "yes, we will always enlist"? They never gave black and white answers, always open ended.

In the survey conducted by Dispatch more than 70 percent are in favor of granting them enlistment. If 'some' people are delibrately twisting their lyrics and answers and calling it preaching, then no one can do anything.

It's between Korean gov, BTS members, Hybe and Korean people. Whatever decision is taken, at the end, is of importance... not the emotions of certain knetz, yours or mine.

I mean, that's what I said in my first message you quoted anyway. I think if they get an exemption, they will get a huge reaction and at the slightest scandal they will be get sarcastic remarks like 'Is this why you were exempted from military service?' This is not difficult to guess. They gave an answer, albeit politically, and yes, Suga preached about the military in his song, and now circled back to him. Period.

• I mean, that's what I said in my first message you quoted anyway. I think if they get an exemption, they will get a huge reaction and at the slightest scandal they will be get sarcastic remarks like 'Is this why you were exempted from military service?' This is not difficult to guess. They gave an answer, albeit politically, and yes, Suga preached about the military in his song, and now circled back to him. Period.

Just like certain knetz, you are attaching negative connotation to Suga simply getting fed up of the years of bullying BTS experienced at the hands of media, knetz, politicians and other kpop companies. "the time" and "when called" are all relative not absolute.

They are more knowledgable about their life and country. These fully grown men will make the decision that is the best for them. Like I said, they know it more than you and I.

You think BTS were preaching and going back on their word, I don't think so. You can't change my mind, neither I yours... so, peace and bye!

• They are not enlisting ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I can bet on it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Why did they keep on insisting that they would go all this time? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. They kept saying that they'd enlist so I really thought that they would

4. If they are saying with their mouth that they are going but aren't going, then what makes them different from Steve Yoo? (T/N: Public figure who evaded military enlistment. Yoo had repeatedly stated on television that he would fulfill his mandatory military service. But in 2002, just before he was to be drafted, he became a naturalized U.S. citizen - cr: wiki)

yeah... Hybe saying that shit will just make BTS look bad. Because the gp pay attention to these issues we know fans don't care they are entirely biased regardless what bts does. But this can have an impact on the members, if what hybe is saying is true. Because for many years the group has said they would serve end of discussion now suddenly they are going back on this? And having trouble planning their schedule? Most Koreans will see that as a weak excuse because " hey i served and planned just fine" or " hey every other popular) unpopular idol and celeb served just fine and planned, what makes you different?" These are the things people will say when they see hybe statement.

I know many fans want to knee jerk defend but sit down look at the big picture and think before you speak. Just like many tell others to stay in their lane, stay in yours about other people culture/country/religion. Because this is a KOREAN thing and many will look at this negatively even if they believe BTS deserves exemption if hybes statement about the members is accurate because a few unwritten rules of Korean culture are don't go back on your word and don't make an excuse for something. Its such a serious thing that people will even work while sick or apologize for it .

• I am saying BTS members have always given nuanced, diplomatic answers when point blank asked about enlistment. Were the knetz expecting them to say "no, we will not enlist" or "yes, we will always enlist"? They never gave black and white answers, always open ended.

Dispatch survey was about 1,000 people nowhere near representative of the majority here in Korea we are a country of over 55 million people. A survey of a few hundred thousand would have been a better gauge

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!