Kpop vs Afrobeats

• I listen to Afrobeats but I don't keep up with how well it is doing commercially. I know artists from my country like Wizkid, Burna Boy, and Davido are doing well. Burna boy even won a grammy and others have been nominated (that is probably something kpop doesn't have). I am not sure how Afrobeats is doing on Billboard, Youtube, and Spotify

• I listen to Afrobeats but I don't keep up with how well it is doing commercially. I know artists from my country like Wizkid, Burna Boy, and Davido are doing well. Burna boy even won a grammy and others have been nominated (that is probably something kpop doesn't have). I am not sure how Afrobeats is doing on Billboard, Youtube, and Spotify

Afrobeats is just like kpop. If you take out the outliers, the rest of the genre aren’t doing so well in the west.

• what's afrobeats?

usually when talking about artists from africa you use this term

it's also a genre of music that originated in africa (hence the "afro")

alot of it's most popular artists are from nigeria:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

but there are some western examples as well:

• If I look at whats popular in Germany than it's a yes and no for both

People do know Doja Cat and the like 5-10 most popular KPop-acts sometimes but the majority of people dosn't knows any of them

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• In the US, it feels like Kpop is a little larger. Stylistic elements of Afrobeats are popular here to be used in songs (i.e. Doja Cat), but artists themselves, not so much. At least in California, Kpop is a much larger and more recognized sub genre (still not mainstream, mind you). None of those hold a candle to Latin sub-genres tho.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• You should have added Gbona by Burna boy, not Davido :cryingr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!