I now do think that if there had been no rigging scandal in the Produce series, the Produce groups would have struck a significantly bigger mark than today

• I only learned that Kim Wooseok defeated the person in my sig on Music Bank yesterday, although the person in my sig paid him back the next day on Music Core.

X1 sold more than 700,000 albums, although it might have been boosted by the fact that it might be its last album.

Kim Wooseok did sell about 86,000 copies in the first week.

He is not part of the 4th generation since he had debuted as up10tion before, but he is one of the younger singers who defeated the person in my sig.

I have said a few times that if IZOne and X1 were fully operational, IZOne would have silenced the person in my sig, and X1 would have given a huge run of money on txt. (In this parallel universe Enhypen would probably not have existed.)

As a result of the implosion of X1, NCT revived and SM gained a new lease on life.

But, X1 is no more, and IZOne has now settled for appealing only to its diehard fans. So the person in my sig is still running around, second only to BTS.

If the rigging scandal had been buried, the pecking order would have been like BTS - SVT - X1 - IZOne - ...... - the person in my sig, but because some people who had too much time on their hands had overturned the apple cart, it is now BTS - the person in my sig - SVT ... - IZOne.

• To answer your question, yes. I feel like the Kpop market would be significantly different if the scandal never happened. Izone and X1 would’ve probably been dominating for 4th gen, and mnet would just keep producing more and more groups.

Ultimately Mnet would probably be leading the industry.

This could still happen if they clean up their image and remain fair with their upcoming survival shows.

• If the produce scandal never happened then 4th bgs wouldn't even have a chance. Produce hype is scary. Its like when wannaone overshadowed and set back all the 2017 bgs. X1 would be everywhere and snatching up all 4th gen related awards. I'm kinda glad they disbanded so my 4th gen faves actually have a chance ;(

I feel like if the scandal never happened we would've gotten a co-ed group for season 5. I wonder how successful that season would be considering co-ed groups typically get paid dust. :pepe-tea:

• If the produce scandal never happened then 4th bgs wouldn't even have a chance. Produce hype is scary. Its like when wannaone overshadowed and set back all the 2017 bgs. X1 would be everywhere and snatching up all 4th gen related awards. I'm kinda glad they disbanded so my 4th gen faves actually have a chance ;(

I feel like if the scandal never happened we would've gotten a co-ed group for season 5. I wonder how successful that season would be considering co-ed groups typically get paid dust. :pepe-tea:

Because of the various scandals, co-ed groups do not really work. The only one I can think about is KARD which rarely promotes in Korea

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!