I hope TOMBOY's success can open up more doors for women in the idol industry

• That's not rare that female involve in the creative process nowdays, but it is still extremely rare to produce a full song without any help from males. That's why I don't see the situation are so different than before.

The situation is different. Again, check the number of songwriting credits Soyeon has and compare it to other female idols and girl groups. Compare it to the latest, most successful gg releases and see how it goes: IVE, aespa, Red Velvet, STAYC...

The fact there are other producers credited in (g)i-dle's songs is irrelevant. On a movie set, the director doesn't need to do everything ie. the make-up, the costumes, the movie sets, the soundtrack, etc. to be the director and be credited as such.

• What you said sound like she is the one who did everything , but I saw there are other names: Pop Time & Jenci

Males are still behind the scene.

most pop songs have lots of people's involvement (some kpop songs legit have more than 10 producers in it), even most self producing groups has help of at least 1 -2 other professional producers, (arrangement, mixing, audio engineering etc its hard for any person regardless of gender to do it alone and besides idols has to sing, dance etc ) Tbh, Soyeon has only help of two people and having major involvement in all of their music is very much impressive, not just for female idols but for kpop in general

• What you said sound like she is the one who did everything , but I saw there are other names: Pop Time & Jenci

Males are still behind the scene.

most pop songs have lots of people's involvement (some kpop songs legit have more than 10 producers in it), even most self producing groups has help of at least 1 -2 other professional producers, (arrangement, mixing, audio engineering etc its hard for any person regardless of gender to do it alone and besides idols has to sing, dance etc ) Tbh, Soyeon has only help of two people and having major involvement in all of their music is very much impressive, not just for female idols but for kpop in general

The funny thing is, Jenci is also a woman, so the TOMBOY example to prove that males still do all the work or something is not even a good one.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The funny thing is, Jenci is also a woman, so the TOMBOY example to prove that males still do all the work or something is not even a good one.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

if u haven't told I would assume male, but my idea is whether was female or male having only 2 people helping and writing majority of one's music is already impressive, lots of kpop songs and pop songs have like more than 10, sometimes 20, 30 people's involvement

• The situation is different. Again, check the number of songwriting credits Soyeon has and compare it to other female idols and girl groups. Compare it to the latest, most successful gg releases and see how it goes: IVE, aespa, Red Velvet, STAYC...

The fact there are other producers credited in (g)i-dle's songs is irrelevant. On a movie set, the director doesn't need to do everything ie. the make-up, the costumes, the movie sets, the soundtrack, etc. to be the director and be credited as such.

Your comparison is quite weird, why mentioned Ive, Aespa? Those obviously aren't the song-writing group, I said there are female song-writing singers, and they write songs alone, but mostly co-produce with other male producers, so what's the difference?

You comparison to movie director is also weird, everybody knows this is a group work, but if there are two movie directors in the film, and you only mentioned one name, then this is not fair to another one. Therefore, this is not the song produced by Soyeon, but three people.

• most pop songs have lots of people's involvement (some kpop songs legit have more than 10 producers in it), even most self producing groups has help of at least 1 -2 other professional producers, (arrangement, mixing, audio engineering etc its hard for any person regardless of gender to do it alone and besides idols has to sing, dance etc ) Tbh, Soyeon has only help of two people and having major involvement in all of their music is very much impressive, not just for female idols but for kpop in general

I only mean female singers involve in creative process is not rare nowdays, however, it's rare to not cooperate with male producers.

Producers arrange the song or compose+arrange the song, usually not involve in mixing, audio engineering.etc...Self producing groups can fully compose & arrangement alone, if they need help from others, then this is not a self-producing group, it is simple.

• Your comparison is quite weird, why mentioned Ive, Aespa? Those obviously aren't the song-writing group, I said there are female song-writing singers, and they write songs alone, but mostly co-produce with other male producers, so what's the difference?

You comparison to movie director is also weird, everybody knows this is a group work, but if there are two movie directors in the film, and you only mentioned one name, then this is not fair to another one. Therefore, this is not the song produced by Soyeon, but three people.

You make no sense, dude.

• I only mean female singers involve in creative process is not rare nowdays, however, it's rare to not cooperate with male producers.

Producers arrange the song or compose+arrange the song, usually not involve in mixing, audio engineering.etc...Self producing groups can fully compose & arrangement alone, if they need help from others, then this is not a self-producing group, it is simple.

if u go by that definition no one is self producing besides some rock bands or indie artists, there is basically no one in pop music that do everything alone, (G)-Idle is a kpop girl group with the most involvement in their music and others are not even close, name at least single kpop girlgroup that has as much involvement in their music as (G)-Idle

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!