โ•‘ ๐Ÿ โŸฐ โ•‘ Rafi's Room ๐ŸŒธ

• ๐ŸŒธ ALBUM REVIEW ๐ŸŒธ

Stray Kids - I am WHO

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

SONG

RATING

XX/100 FORMAT
    My Pace* 100
    Voices* 90
    Question* 75
    Insomnia** 100
    M.I.A* 70
    Awkward Silence* 95

*SKZ2020 ver. / **SKZ2021 ver.
    Note: Not reviewing WHO? for being an intro.

88/100

IAnother solid album, and their best one of the reviews so far. There's a very clear improvement from the songs of this album in comparison their previous two, which it's awesome.

Two songs from this album were the highest points for me: My Pace (title of the album) and Insomnia. My Pace is a very fun song with a very warm message, and it was the first song that I liked from them (I remember to listen to it because they were dressed with football-like shirts in the MV). And Insomnia because I have problems to sleep and I'm relatable with the song. I was afraid it wouldn't be re-recorded since it wasn't included on SKZ2020 but glad SKZ2021 happened.

๐ŸŒธ

• ๐ŸŒธ ALBUM REVIEW ๐ŸŒธ

Stray Kids - I am YOU

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

SONG

RATING

XX/100 FORMAT
    I am YOU* 100
    My Side** 85
    Hero's Soup 90
    Get Cool* 55
    N/S** 70
    0325** 90

Note: Not reviewing YOU. for being an intro.

81/100

This will be probably the lowest ranked album from them but it's a good album as a whole, there's only one song that I didn't felt much. I am YOU is my fave from the album, it's different from the other titles they released, I even consider this their ballada era (despite not being). 0325 also deserves a great highlight because I love songs with those type of fast beats. And of course, the other song I liked it would be a song they haven't re-recorded yet. :pepe-hips:

Now let me talk about Get Cool and why it's so low ranked. It's the fun song of the album, but at the same time I don't feel it's a song from them.. I think it would fit better another group like PTG (because it's kinda similar to Shine), but I understand why it was released since that type of sound was a trend that time. Glad they moved on from this tho.

๐ŸŒธ

• ๐ŸŒธ ALBUM REVIEW ๐ŸŒธ

Stray Kids - Clรฉ 1 : MIROH

SONG

RATING

XX/100 FORMAT
    MIROH* 100
    Victory Song* 90
    Maze of Memories** 75
    Boxer* 70
    Chronosaurus* 100
    19* 90

Note: Not reviewing Entrance for being an intro.

87/100

Starting the Clรฉ trilogy with this immaculate album, and a collection of smash selling songles. Opening with one of their best songs, acclaimed by the nation, also one of my favorites, Miroh. From the reviews at this point, Miroh is my favorite song of them (until the next release) because it was a very dance very edm very pans very cool. and Victory Song which later also became one of their signature songs. Another highlight of this album is Chronosaurus, since we asked for rock, then take this rock!

As always, there's no bad song in the album, but Boxer was the song I liked the least on it.

๐ŸŒธ

• ๐ŸŒธ ALBUM REVIEW ๐ŸŒธ

Stray Kids - Clรฉ 2 : Yellow Wood

SONG

RATING

XX/100 FORMAT
    Side Effects* 100
    TMT* 100
    Mixtape #1 / Placebo** 100
    Mixtape #2 / Behind the Light** 97
    Mixtape #3 / For You** 98
    Mixtape #4 / Broken Compass** 95

Note: Not reviewing Road Not Taken for being an intro.

98/100

One of their best albums, and with the highest rate of my fiviews so far. The new songs are incredible (Side Effects and TMT) and I love their melodic/calm songs so the Mixtapes are awesome too.

Side Effects is personally my favorite song of them overall. Many people try to come for this song for giving headache or such things but I understood the concept of the song, the meaning, its purpose, and how this song deserves everything. Not everyone can understand how 3RACHA were geniuses for this song and how only the strongest ones know the meaning this song have for us Side Effecters.

And yes, this also serves as a message: if you don't like Side Effects don't even try talking to me. :pepe-hips:

๐ŸŒธ

• ๐ŸŒธ ALBUM REVIEW ๐ŸŒธ

Stray Kids - Clรฉ : LEVANTER

SONG

RATING

XX/100 FORMAT
    STOP 100
    Double Knot* 85
    Levanter 100
    Booster 97
    Astronaut 100
    Sunshine 98
    You Can STAY 95
    Mixtape #5 / Hoodie Season** 100

*Album ver. / **SKZ2021 ver. (This song is included in the physical Levanter CD as Mixtape #5, and on SKZ2021 as Hoodie Season.)

96/100

Their major debut album after they finally fixed their line-up with 8 members after that unnamed trainee left the group.

Jokes apart, it's a great album with great songs but although all of that it was their most chaotic era (because of that unnamed trainee), which slightly affected my opinion regarding one song: Double Knot. It's a good song that carries the group's color but it was released in the middle of the chaos and every time I listen to the song I remember how messy was that time, so this kinda affected my feelings towards the song. But moving on since the group already moved from that and now they're bigger than ever.

My favorite songs from the album are STOP, which is a full version of the already awesome intro Road Not Taken from the previous mini, the title Levanter (this is probably an unpopular opinion), Astronaut (Spice don't read this) and Hoodie Season because I'm a fool for their happy songs. Hoodie Season in particular is one of my favorite songs overall of them (and my favorite Mixtape so far) because the instrumental took me in a way I can't explain and it's a song I loved in the first listen.

I think it's an era that I don't think we wanna remember, but at least they served with the album.

๐ŸŒธ

• ๐ŸŒธ ALBUM REVIEW ๐ŸŒธ

Stray Kids - GO LIVE

SONG

RATING

XX/100 FORMAT
    God's Menu 100
    Easy 100
    Pacemaker 98
    Airplane 75
    Another Day 90
    Phobia 100
    Blueprint 100
    TA 100
    Haven 100
    TOP (Korean ver.) 95
    Slump (Korean ver.) 100
    Gone Days 85
    On Track 100

Not reviewing the opening song "GO LIVE" for being an intro.

96/100

Not the highest ranked album of them but it's probably my favorite album of them so far (together with the repack that I'll review in a different post). It's this album that stamped my STAY card.

Starting with one of their best title tracks, God's Menu. A song that broke barriers, opened the pacific ocean, and showed to the world who's SKZ. And following to my ultimate favorite song of the album, Easy. Glad they promoted the song because it gave me Minho's iconic it's so easy part.

#stray kids from โ˜† stray kids โ˜†

More songs I want to highlight from this album are Phobia, Blueprint (fool for their soft songs), TA, Haven and On Track. And also TOP and Slump, although I prefer the Japanese versions for non-biased reasons.

Overall, it's a very cohesive and at the same time diverse album and repeating, their best release so far.

๐ŸŒธ

• ๐ŸŒธ ALBUM REVIEW ๐ŸŒธ

Stray Kids - IN LIFE

SONG

RATING

XX/100 FORMAT
    The Tortoise and the Hare 80
    Back Door 100
    B Me 100
    Any 100
    Ex 100
    We Go (3RACHA - Bang Chan, Changbin, Han) 95
    Wow (DANCERACHA - Lee Know, Hyunjin, Felix) 95
    My Universe (VOCALRACHA - Seungmin, I.N feat. Changbin) 100

Reviewing the new songs only. For the other songs, see the GO LIVE review.

96/100

First of all #justiceforBMe GIVE US THE MV!!!!!

Like the review of GO LIVE, this is not their highest ranked album but it's personally my favorite release yet. I really loved the new songs and I really liked how the repackage feels like it's another album release for the amount of songs. Nowadays 8 songs in a release are considered a full album, while SKZ is releasing it as a repack.

I like all songs, of course one more than the others, but I want to let legend Whitney Houston talk about my favorite song from this release and also overall (after Side Effects), B Me:

External Content twitter.com

B Me was sabotaged!!! GIVE US THE MV!!!!!!!!!!!

And also, if you thought my favorite song by the units would be Wow just because Minho is my ult you're wrong because it's My Universe. Don't forget that I'm a fool for their soft songs (even though that performance of Wow with them in the water made me rethink for a moment).

With this we can all agree that the GO LIVE/IN LIFE era was very wholesome and I love them for that.

๐ŸŒธ

• ad break

External Content www.youtube.com

• ๐ŸŒธ ALBUM REVIEW ๐ŸŒธ

Stray Kids - ALL IN

SONG

RATING

XX/100 FORMAT
    ALL IN 90
    FAM 85
    One Day 80
    God's Menu (Japanese ver.) 90
    Back Door (Japanese ver.) 95
    TOP (Japanese ver.) 100
    Slump (Japanese ver.) 100

91/100

I think I don't have much to talk about this album despite being in Japanese and I put priority on this... I liked the original JPN songs but nothing more nothing less, I just... liked. FAM is a very cute song about the members, too bad the song have a different meaning for me now. :sehun4: The JPN versions of God's Menu and Back Door are good too but I listened so much to the Korean versions that I prefer them. And like said in the GO LIVE review, the JPN versions of TOP and Slump are 10/10 and they're my favorite songs in this mini.

They're releasing a new mini in June this year and hopefully the original songs will impact me more.

๐ŸŒธ

• ๐ŸŒธ ALBUM REVIEW ๐ŸŒธ

Stray Kids - NOEASY

SONG

RATING

XX/100 FORMAT
    CHEESE 100
    Thunderous 95
    DOMINO 100
    SSICK 90
    The View 100
    Sorry, I Love You 100
    Silent Cry 100
    Secret Secret 97
    Star Lost 85
    Red Lights 85
    Surfin' 80
    Gone Away 100
    Wolfgang 55
    OH 95

92/100

Returning after 1 month (I'm lazy) talking about this chu chu albom.

The album despite the title being a wordplay for NOISY (if you didn't knew about that before, now you know!), most of the tracks aren't noisy at all. Thunderous isn't my favorite title of them, but it represents well this era.

All songs with 100 are my favorites from this album, but I'm highlighting two of them: Sorry, I Love You and Silent Cry. SILY is my personal ult favorite of the album because I loved this song right away I listened to the album (Changbin being the main producer of the song kinda helped this too), and Silent Cry was also a first listen favorite, and this song not getting unveil treatment made me push the song even more.

The other songs are also very good, a vocal song being my favorite of the units once again, and...... Wolfgang.

Overall it's a very good album, with a lot of highs and a bit of lows but they did what they had to do here.

๐ŸŒธ

• ๐ŸŒธ ALBUM REVIEW ๐ŸŒธ

Stray Kids - Christmas EveL

SONG

RATING

XX/100 FORMAT
    Christmas EveL 90
    24 to 26 95
    Winter Falls 100
    DOMINO (English ver.) 95

95/100

Merry xmas!

I don't have much to say about the single because it's a Christmas single, but of course it's a Xmas single with their flavor so it's different.

Xmas songs are very 8 or 80 to me, like Mariah's song is an unbeatable classic but I don't often listen to xmasy songs. Both Xmas EveL and 24 to 26 are great songs and the mvs for both are one of my favorites of them, but I don't think I'll be hearing them outside the festive time... well, I'm writing this in mid-May and the last time I heard both songs was when I was listening to their whole discography as a warming to Oddinary and haven't heard since then... and we have Winter Falls, which is my favorite song of this release, a masterpiece that it's so so SO so good that I can't keep to hear it only on winter season (btw when this was released it was spring/early summer here in fifilandia).

Overall it's a great festive release that I'll be playing every December from now on! Merry xmas!

๐ŸŒธ

• ๐ŸŒธ ALBUM REVIEW ๐ŸŒธ

Stray Kids - ODDINARY

SONG

RATING

XX/100 FORMAT
    VENOM 100
    MANIAC 100
    Charmer 100
    FREEZE 100
    Lonely St. 95
    Waiting For Us 100
    Muddy Water 97

98/100

Note: I wrote my review initially based in my first listen (yes I wrote this 2 months ago but I'm only posting now). My opinion and several rates for some songs have changed since then so I'll post those who changed and my opinion now.

VENOM (95 โ†’ 100)

Past: Maybe I expected too much when I saw the unveil of it (on mute to not spoil the song) because it's probably my favorite video of the era, but when I heard the song I didn't felt the boom I was expecting, but I liked the song nonetheless.

Now: This changed, I love the song now and the MV remains my favorite of the era.

MANIAC

When I saw the first MV teaser of the song I knew I would like the song a lot, and I actually did. I think it's one of my favorite titles of them next to Side Effects, God's Menu and Back Door.

Charmer

I'll leave you with this video and you'll understand.

External Content www.youtube.com

FREEZE (95 โ†’ 100)

Past: This one I was already expecting that I would like it the least in the album because the MV already gave me this vibe. I'm not a fan of the drop in the chorus but the rest of the song covered for it.

Now: I'm digging the drop in the chorus now so it's 100% perfect. I'm still not a very fan of the MV because of the effects on it, and I'm also not into mvs with this type of storyline that involves guns, but aside that they look perfect on it and also fits the song.

Lonely St. (98 โ†’ 95)

Past: Another song that I had a lot of expectations given the title (I expected another Winter Falls slayage) and people saying that it sounded like Slump 2.0, but I think I expected too high. It's a great song, but I don't think it's a 100. Hope it grows on me more to be a 100.

Now: I wanted this song to grow on me the most but it turned out the other songs in the album grew on me more instead. It's still a great song and I liked it, but compared to the others it's my least fave one.

Waiting for Us
    This is DAY6 level of slayage. I totally imagine them releasing this. I almost questioned myself if it wasn't Young K who produced this and Chan stole his drive.. (I'm joking obvs before someone curse me)

And once again a vocal song is my favorite of the units.

Muddy Water

The first seconds of the song fooled me because I imagined the song would follow that sound (imagining how them would rap in that beat) but I love how they bring back the hip-hop from the 90s on this. They're geniuses.

Overall, the mini is 5 star Michelin chef's kiss and I'm really hyped for what they're going to put in the plate for us in their next release this year. They keep outdoing themselves release after release and that's what really matters in the end.

๐ŸŒธ

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!