DYNAMITE IS ON OF THE ONLY SONGS FROM LAST YEAR THAT IS BALANCED ON BOTH SPOTIFY AND YOUTUBE

• Here is a comparison of the Top 10 Most streamed Songs on Spotify and their YT views in comparison as of Feb 14th:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

AS you can see

#1- 1B on Spotify - 117M on YT (gap of 883M)

#2 - 883M on Spotify - 298M YT (gap of 585M)

#3 - 815M Spotify - 163M YT (gap of 652M)

#4 - 750M Spotify - 196M YT (gap of 554M)

#5 - 696M Spotify - 72M YT (gap of 624M)

#6 - 687M Spotify - 271M YT (gap of 416M)

#7 - 683M Spotify - 851M YT (gap of 168M)

#8 - 680M on Spotify - 342M YT (gap of 338M)

#9 - 669M on Spotify - 119M on YT (gap of 550M)

#10 - 666M on Spotify - 1.6B on YT (gap of 934M

All the other 9 have gaps of 300M+

while Dynamite gap is around 160-170M

Dynamite is just insane

• worldlove27

Changed the title of the thread from “DYNAMITE IS ON OF THE ONLY SONGS FROM LAST YEAR THAT DID WELL ON BOTH SPOTIFY AND YOUTUBE” to “DYNAMITE IS ON OF THE ONLY SONGS FROM LAST YEAR THAT IS BALANCED ON BOTH SPOTIFY AND YOUTUBE”.
  • this is a bit random but western songs have been doing poorly on youtube for a while. People there seldom watch MVs nowadays. Proof: see blinding light -375million on youtube while being a super popular song with crazy longevity (1 year in top10 in US)

• this is a bit random but western songs have been doing poorly on youtube for a while. People there seldom watch MVs nowadays. Proof: see blinding light -375million on youtube while being a super popular song with crazy longevity (1 year in top10 in US)

Western mvs suck. It’s pretty rare to see a good mv once in awhile with good and interesting production. Katy Perry used to have good mvs

• Western mvs suck. It’s pretty rare to see a good mv once in awhile with good and interesting production. Katy Perry used to have good mvs

Actually Katy Perry's are cringy teen stories.. the reason the views are so huge was because she was super popular back then + have a big following + youtube MVs were popular during that period.

Nowadays, it is even hard for ariana to hit 1b, considering how HUGE thank you next was. Her Positions only 200+mil now, showed how less western uses youtube

• Actually Katy Perry's are cringy teen stories.. the reason the views are so huge was because she was super popular back then + have a big following + youtube MVs were popular during that period.

Nowadays, it is even hard for ariana to hit 1b, considering how HUGE thank you next was. Her Positions only 200+mil now, showed how less western uses youtube

Nah . She had really nice mvs. I get why you think it’s cringe. But whiles watching kpop mvs, she was the closest western act I could see having such productions in their mvs. Her mvs are kpop level. Try watching Unconditionally, Dark horse, Roar etc. and compare that quality with recent mvs.

But I do agree the west are more focused on audio streaming rather than video streaming. Drake only got that many views because that video automatically plays after every video you watch

• Actually Katy Perry's are cringy teen stories.. the reason the views are so huge was because she was super popular back then + have a big following + youtube MVs were popular during that period.

yeah in general US acts are really struggling with views. Maybe its cause there has been a switch to audio streaming (Spotify/AM) more nowadays

Nah . She had really nice mvs. I get why you think it’s cringe. But whiles watching kpop mvs, she was the closest western act I could see having such productions in their mvs. Her mvs are kpop level. Try watching Unconditionally, Dark horse, Roar etc. and compare that quality with recent mvs.

But I do agree the west are more focused on audio streaming rather than video streaming. Drake only got that many views because that video automatically plays after every video you watch

Taylor sweet has some great mvs

• Taylor sweet has some great mvs

Her mvs weren’t really my taste. I mean she is better than a lot of western artistes when it comes to videos but it didn’t beat some of the concepts Katy adopted in hers.

Her biggest video isn’t even the high budgeted ones like Shake it off. Blank Space was pretty cool though. And LWYMD was just cringe for me. The song was bad and the mv was hella corny.

• Her mvs weren’t really my taste. I mean she is better than a lot of western artistes when it comes to videos but it didn’t beat some of the concepts Katy adopted in hers.

Her biggest video isn’t even the high budgeted ones like Shake it off. Blank Space was pretty cool though. And LWYMD was just cringe for me. The song was bad and the mv was hella corny.

Bad blood and me are iconic

• Nah . She had really nice mvs. I get why you think it’s cringe. But whiles watching kpop mvs, she was the closest western act I could see having such productions in their mvs. Her mvs are kpop level. Try watching Unconditionally, Dark horse, Roar etc. and compare that quality with recent mvs.

plus the fact that western artist generally doesnt dance in their song bar a few pop girls. The MVs usually have no replay value and just serve asvisual. Sometimes, they are so budgeted too. Unlike kpop videos with good visuals, extravagant outfits and dance cut. Fans usually rewatch a lot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!