Do you feel that kpop groups/ music has changed between generations?

• if so, in what ways? I've heard people posit that 4th generation members are more dance focused. Do you think that? Are they debuting younger? Are the concepts getting more or less sexy? Is there one focus on visuals? Are songs using more or less rap? Are they leaning more towards certain genre?

• I've heard people posit that 4th generation members are more dance focused. Do you think that?

No it's huge bullshit. Real vocal group look like Big Mama and Mamamoo when you saw them perform they dance very little because they are focused on singing. Having good singers in the band doesn't mean that the band is focused on vocals, very talented singers with songs that are easy to sing because they want to perform a certain way on stage there are a lot of examples.

When people say that the 4th gen is more focused on dancing it's just a way of making fun of their singing talent. It's just contempt from older gen fans to new ones, 2nd gen fans did the same to 3rd gen fans. Fans of the 3rd gen who were young and cool have now also become old jerks and despise the novelties and trends of the youngest.

Are they debuting younger?

There have been many examples of idols having started very young even in 2nd gen (Hyuna) so no I don't think so. I find that it is the different concepts of the groups, however, that have been rejuvenated.

Are the concepts getting more or less sexy?

Yes less sexy, the concepts of the groups have become much less mature and have evolved to follow the new trends.

Are songs using more or less rap?

Like the "more focused on dance" it's a myth. There is always so much rap, the concepts are simply different and follow the trends. There are a lot of 2nd gen groups with rap, BIGBANG, IKON, 4Minutes, 2NE1...

• defintely! i think that's where the different generations come in, actually. the generation changes as the overall vibe/sound evolves.

• So you think that groups of the various generations are pretty much the same then, just that trends they follow change.

• A symptom of kpop's globalization? English is just more used generally instead of strategically?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!