How do the older Kpop idols hide what they make from everyone?

• Frankly I like it this way better, might be bc it's more aligned with my cultural values too. People outright bragging about wealth is not very appealing.

They do have some sleek skills.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Damn his so rich.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I feel like most Korean celebrities who get talked about being rich are ones who have invested in real estate and since those are public record it's easy to report on. Whereas in the US salaries are often announced alongside whatever celebrities are hired to do. (like an athlete's yearly salary will be announced when they sign on to play for a team)

There's also a lot of information leaked to the press by insiders in the US. I remember a while back the money the main MCU cast members earned per film was leaked because they were negotiating for a pay bump after the first Avengers made so much money.

I also think a large reason pay is discussed so much in the US entertainment industry is the fact that there is such a large discrepancy between genders and different races. Like there have been several popular TV shows who have been exposed offering female leads less money than male leads or low balling actors of color.

• I’m thinking of the absurdly expensive cars; something like Tiffany’s tiny pink car isn’t absurd enough to require a lease to afford.

It's inexpensive for a celebrity like Tiffany but very expensive for non celebrity.

• I feel like most Korean celebrities who get talked about being rich are ones who have invested in real estate and since those are public record it's easy to report on. Whereas in the US salaries are often announced alongside whatever celebrities are hired to do. (like an athlete's yearly salary will be announced when they sign on to play for a team)

There's also a lot of information leaked to the press by insiders in the US. I remember a while back the money the main MCU cast members earned per film was leaked because they were negotiating for a pay bump after the first Avengers made so much money.

I also think a large reason pay is discussed so much in the US entertainment industry is the fact that there is such a large discrepancy between genders and different races. Like there have been several popular TV shows who have been exposed offering female leads less money than male leads or low balling actors of color.

The US has a lot of transparency compared to Asia. It's like Asians are raised not to speak too much and not to speak up for themselves especially women.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!