How do the older Kpop idols hide what they make from everyone?

• How do the older top Kpop earners hide their money? 17

The result is only visible to the participants.

We watched TVXQ make historic concert ticket sales (they sold over a million tickets) in Japan alone, Yoona endorses 7-10 brands every year some in China, Taiwan, Korea and for Asia as a whole and GD simply owns Asia in different ways.

But, you'll never hear about their earnings instead, you see different articles about their net worth based on I don't know what.

I don't care about how much they earn but I'm curious how they hide their money compared to Hollywood celebrities where Forbes and other newspapers, magazines, tabloids always call out the top earners.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm intrigued too . Like I know gd have a Bentley, a Lambo and a Rolls-Royce . and a 3 million dollar painting In his 8-10 million dollar new house .

A 500k watches and the most ridiculous thing is a 1 million dollar chair .

A cafe in Jeju island .

Honestly I don't believe that his net worth is only 30 - 35 mill that some website projected if he can spend that much on some luxury .

But with tvxq is kinda unique coz most of them leave sm and the group coz of contract dispute so idk how bad their earlier contract is for most of them to leave.

• If they actually earned millions annually then Forbes would definitely include them.

BigBang was in the Forbes list for 1 year and BTS have been in the top 50 of the last 2 lists. So Yes, top kpop acts earn huge money but not enough to be in celebrity 100.

• Jyj left mainly for artistic freedom and even according to their old contracts that were revealed back then, they got 70% of overseas activities, which is were tvxq make most of their money.

• Jyj left mainly for artistic freedom and even according to their old contracts that were revealed back then, they got 70% of overseas activities, which is were tvxq make most of their money.

Ik they're rich rich but what I mean is if we lay out the number of concert in the early days they should be make alot more money .

And iirc there smth about profit not divided equally in the dispute.

And the only one That I know for sure is rich rich is jaejong .

We don't know about the other coz they don't really show it .

Like what the thread title says .

It makes me intrigued on the topic

While in BigBang u have gd kinda public with his wealth .

Taeyang just bought 13 mill house .

TOP with his artwork .

Daesung kinda low-key with his wealth but then he bought that building that got him into trouble . That's the only time I know daesung showing his wealth .

And idk if we should include this ex member idk about now. But I'm pretty sure he used to be rich rich .

• As far as I have seen, US peoples seem to be the only ones really open about how much they earn. Most others tend to keep is as a need to know or unimportant to talk about kind of thing.

So it's the difference in cultures.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I too believe that those rankings are very wron because they are based on nothing.

• If they actually earned millions annually then Forbes would definitely include them.

BigBang was in the Forbes list for 1 year and BTS have been in the top 50 of the last 2 lists. So Yes, top kpop acts earn huge money but not enough to be in celebrity 100.

Why didn't Forbes write about TVXQ who sold a million tickets in Japan in one year.

• they are not making as much as US celebrities

I'm sure there's a forbes korea top 50 list too

True, but I don't think Forbes only writes about those that make hundreds of millions.

I mean, there's even a list about the Chinese top earning celebrities but never Koreans.

• The dispute happened in 2009. Tvxq peaked in Japan and had their biggest tours there years after the dispute, they did it all as a duo so this has nothing to do with the group pre-split.

Now take this with a huge grain of salt, but I personally don't really trust jyj's display of fortune, objectively speaking they weren't one of the best sellers or biggest touring groups, nor did they have any big projects that we knew of to explain their allegedly huge profits. And most importantly, when there was a controversy about the employees of Junsu's hotel not getting paid for months, he ended up selling assets to pay them their dues which really contradicts the illusion of richness they assumed.

There has always been an assumption that theirs was just a farce.

Anyway, Yunho and Changmin have always been secretive about their earnings and personal life. Like op suggested, this probably has something to do with their culture. It's not only idols but actors too.

• Some people don’t buy expensive houses and cars in full upfront. Even rich people pay off houses and cars with a few years, to write off in their taxes…. in the US anyways.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• Maybe part of it, yeah. I know where I live it's not something really talked about, and the people I know from France and UK/Europe area have all said that wealth/earnings isn't something really talked about or if it is, usually just between close friends.

Whereas the US peoples I know are often talking about or asking about earnings.

Asia and Europe are more cultured than the US.

All in all, it shows that Kpop idols are much more richer than people think.

• I can't talk for sure about Korea but in my country, it's not really socially accepted to show off your money like an US celebrity so rich people are more discreet and less bling bling. Korean people also seem to value more modesty than Western countries.

I think it's a beautiful thing.

• Some people don’t buy expensive houses and cars in full upfront. Even rich people pay off houses and cars with a few years, to write off in their taxes…. in the US anyways.

And for Korean celebrities whose careers depend on good behaviour, they avoid doing anything that attracts a lot of attention, especially negative attention.

For houses and building ?? Maybe

For cars?? Debatable coz it's not that much considering some people spend on the next one .

For artwork?? Idk how it works but idk if u can not pay it up front .

Like the gd 3 million painting is last seen on auction for 3 million dollars .

Now he owns it so we can assume that he's the one who buy for that much .

Idk how auction works but can u really not pay up upfront.

I know some rich people do it for tax write off. Like u donate the 3 million dollar painting and boom u just donate 3 million or smth like that .

But this one is in his home .

And he got another 900k-1million dollar painting .

A million dollar chair.

and a 100k chess set .

• Frankly I like it this way better, might be bc it's more aligned with my cultural values too. People outright bragging about wealth is not very appealing.

External Content www.youtube.com

• They probably lease the cars instead of buying them; then when they get tired of the cars, they end the lease and lease a different car on the same deposit.

• They probably lease the cars instead of buying them; then when they get tired of the cars, they end the lease and lease a different car on the same deposit.

Sounds smart but some do actually own those cars and have said so. Tiffany admitted to owning a tiny pink car.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!