Why's the top 10 of melon looking like Global spotify top 10?!

• I thought LSG was just super popular with the GP but I noticed literally every single song inside the top 10 is experiencing an unparalleled level of longetivity

Inside the top 10 now there's 3 Digimons (IU & BTS & BP)

IU songs always do super super well but celebrity & eight are outperforming even her biggest hits & same scenario with bts & BP

Surely there's a reason the top 10 is more stable than ever nowadays since it used to be alot more volatile before

Is it the recent changes melon implemented?

Will every mid hit song in Korea end up spending 20 weeks inside the top 10 now?

• It does look curated. This is the benefit of chart reform, hit songs will have far more wide longevity.

The songs won't move at all.

• Yeah the chart reform makes it harder to chart.

But once you're in, you ain't moving for a while.

It sucks a bit for new groups who used to be able to chart high for a short time, but oh well.

• The songs you mentioned are indeed very popular but they also get benefited from the fact that with the new reform there is waaaay less competition

I’m actually expecting Dynamite to do more than 30 weeks in the top 10. Same for IU’s upcoming title track

With that in mind I think it doesn’t make sense to compare this achievements with songs released under the old melon real time chart

• I think it is more accurate as charts really tend to be pretty stable at the very top.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The songs you mentioned are indeed very popular but they also get benefited from the fact that with the new reform there is waaaay less competition

I’m actually expecting Dynamite to do more than 30 weeks in the top 10. Same for IU’s upcoming title track

With that in mind I think it doesn’t make sense to compare this achievements with songs released under the old melon real time chart

OH yeah

Records should definitely have a disclaimer moving forward

Damn 30 weeks tho, maybe it'll be like hot 100 & a bts song will spend a full year inside the top 10 lol like Blinding Lights

• It's Melon's chart reform. Flo top 10 chart is also highly stable. Soon charting months at a time will just be commonplace for even mid-sized hit songs.

Don't touch me by refund sisters got a shitton of paks and it's now around top 60 lol. So yes the chart rewards steady popularity but not all songs have this kind of longevity

Everyone always uses "Refund Sisters" and "Beach Again" as examples of songs that hit #1 for a long time then dropped fast but both songs were for popular variety shows that then ended and stopped being buzzworthy. I've yet to see a non-variety show song hit explosive popularity and then drop fast down the chart.

• It's Melon's chart reform. Flo top 10 chart is also highly stable. Soon charting months at a time will just be commonplace for even mid-sized hit songs.

Everyone always uses "Refund Sisters" and "Beach Again" as examples of songs that hit #1 for a long time then dropped fast but both songs were for popular variety shows that then ended and stopped being buzzworthy. I've yet to see a non-variety show song hit explosive popularity and then drop fast down the chart.

I dont disagree with your point but there are also more examples of song which hit high ranking and dropped after.

Hylt was #1 for a while and it's now around 30. Life goes on peaked very high as well and now it's like #20. They didnt drop as hard as those variety show songs but it just goes to show not all songs have crazy longevity in the top 10

• Not the best example since both of the longest charting songs in the top 10 never hit #1 like LS.

LSG is extremely stable on the real-time chart as well, so it’s definitely more than just the new chart. Not every song after the chart reform is experiencing the same success as LSG.

• Lsg is slaying on gaon too. Chart reform is actually harder and only true gp hits have longevity

https://mobile.twitter.com/chartsblackpink/status/1362257504068108290

https://mobile.twitter.com/BLACKPINKSTATS5/status/1362239797314478083

Btw both lsg and dyna were in the top 5 on gallup

• LSG is extremely stable on the real-time chart as well, so it’s definitely more than just the new chart. Not every song after the chart reform is experiencing the same success as LSG.

Koreans most probably updated their app so the old realtime is influenced by the 24hits chart.

And of course not every song is a hit OP about talked about hit songs and not every song

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!