Having seen that talk about Weeekly's cute-type concept being pedo bait from last year I think they should just go for a Davichi-like concept with their next cb 🤔

• like I just discovered this thing about weeekly's concept from a year ago (quoted below for your convenience) and that got me thinking about something :ideac:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepefacepalm:

What if Weeekly simply ditched whatever cute concepts they've had for their comebacks so far for their next cb and went for a Davichi-like route with more ballads for title tracks and whatnot :whatb: not to be rude to their music BTW, just to say I pretty much feel like going the way of Davichi (you get it - that duo's got stuff like ballads that're great music to my ears so I don't see how other groups could do ballads badly :cutes: ) is the best middle ground between cute concepts (might be pedo bait like mentioned in the post I've quoted above) and mature ones (can be oversexualizing to groups that've got underage members) :starec:

nothing here for now hehe (/▽\)

• ducky-mioda

Changed the title of the thread from “Having seen that talk about Weeekly's cute-type concept possibly "attracting p*do men" from last year I think they should just go for a Davichi-like concept with their next cb 🤔” to “Having seen that talk about Weeekly's cute-type concept being pedo bait from last year I think they should just go for a Davichi-like concept with their next cb 🤔”.
  • the pedo bait accusations are kind of dumb. I don't want them to change just because people are stupid.

That's not to say that they can't change their sound/concepts because it can be nice to change it up and do new things, but not for that reason...

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• the pedo bait accusations are kind of dumb. I don't want them to change just because people are stupid.

That's not to say that they can't change their sound/concepts because it can be nice to change it up and do new things, but not for that reason...

:oks:

Ballads are a pretty severe jump

IKR :mukbang: thinking about it maybe it'd be better if they did that dual concept thing OMG and Blackpink have by switching between cute and ballad concepts with a Soojin-Jiyoon-Monday-Soeun subunit for crazy concepts :ideac:

• someone needs to remove the word infantilisation from kpop stans' vocabulary

:whatb: like ok I get that many countries consider people underage if they're under 18 but from my teenage POV if you're well above the age of majority being treated like a child yourself should be upheld as infantilization but again that's just my opinion so :danceb:

THIS! People want a casual-school type concept and they have that!

Why sexualize something so innocent? Literally the premise of After School, was school ending!

• THIS! People want a casual-school type concept and they have that!

Why sexualize something so innocent? Literally the premise of After School, was school ending!

you have to be really sick to sexualize that because the After School MV never read that way to me. It's cute and not sexual at all.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Why is the opinion of some trolls on twitter used as valid argument? I don't see anything pedo-bait about weeekly concepts. If anything it's one of the best executions of the cute concepts in kpop

This is their concept

c4ab96e9642913284f37369031efba3a59456de3.gifv

main-qimg-48dd9b9c6ccadefb1007209fa7114f77

Just normal outfits and normal things any teen girl would do

In contrast, Girls day (with underaged hyeri) dancing in skirts looking like diapers is pedo-bait

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRnbPt3RRd4CsXGGoRm_HlWLFidFijicvTVg&usqp=CAU

Whatever busters company did with them was one of the worst examples of pedo-bait

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMMZuHBLZLuqM-1LtdwMMuptpEFpjHQ8eSZQ&usqp=CAU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUib8WGdHROgs4CbMa4nm-Mf3yAu_ZFNnwhA&usqp=CAU

(Here busters members, all underaged, were made to do a vlive wearing revealing clothes and sitting with two older men)

JYPE is also one of the worst offenders when it comes to that. They had the maknaes not acting their age while obviously catering to what older men like

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTufa4_ie3tsXnPqJhhiIMaDSEi57Uk5TKiuw&usqp=CAU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHSDWltn4DeAqI4kiiX9uyPDMjy41fWqnXFQ&usqp=CAU

Then there's also IOI and gfriend having school girls concepts wearing skirts and shorts that showed all their butts, while singing about some oppa they desire.

There's plenty of examples and weeekly is NOT part of that

They are just teen girls singing about social media and school wearing mostly appropiate outfits, doing normal dance moves and acting their age.

there's nothing infantilizing or sexual there, especially if you know the members are naturally like that.

As someone who thinks pedo-bait is one of the worst things to happen in kpop and have been very against it over the years, I don't see a problem with weeekly and that thread is just a reach. The worst thing I saw about them was the company changing their usual long shorts and pants as stage outfits to mini-skirts for holiday, but that was expected since that's how the industry works.

I gotta agree. Despite their cute concept their MV's feature some pretty fly drip(despite being coordinated to be cute styled)

I'd say I didn't get any "sexualizing children" vibes but it takes one to know one so I wouldn't know what p3dos are looking for honestly..

• well they are so versatile they can do whatever they want to

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• IKR :iloveyoub:

• I get the feeling Weeekly may go a happy middle ground in their next comeback. These were literally their most recent vocal covers :

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

• I mean personally, I think thats a very fringe view, especially since that tweet was all the way back in april and was ratio'd to hell. And Weeekly imo is doing young concepts right, like even with Zig-Zag when they could've gone the route of school uniforms with skirts, they wore shorts instead. They probably will go a bit different though with the upcoming cb based off of their vocal covers like natnut said.

• But I would be equally happy if Weeekly went the early Twice route as well - it's still age appropriate and non-pandering. Tbh Weeekly are so capable, they could probably make any concept work for themselves :

Maybe even something pop-rock :

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by natnut ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!