What do u think about slavery ?

• Should we just forget about it or keep talking about it :?:

I have been told a lot of times as a black female that slavery doesn’t matter and it was a long times ago so I should just forget about it.

I wish people will understand that silence and not talking about is the best answer for a fool and I am not a fool

• Go to Best Answer
  • Slavery still exists even if illegal or disguised as something else. I'm not talking about some poor country situation. It's still a worldwide problem.

Now more specifically slavery in the Americas, of course it shouldn't be brush off. It's history, but its consequences are still felt today.

• People told you to forget slavery, wtf? As a black female also, I grew up knowing about slavery and my family will never cease to remind me. We even learn about it in school and I go to a predominately white school. Oh well, never forget it <3 It happened and it was very important and sad.

unfortunately yes, people did say I should forget about slavery because it was a long time ago and isn’t relevant anymore which is fricked up

• I was said to me by a white person who was my neighbor and a trump supporter and she has harassed and called the cops on me countless of times for no reason and a teacher in the 5th grade but I did not think much about since I was 10

WOAH! That's not normal or anywhere near good. I feel so bad for you. Is there someone you can talk to? There's a lot of black people where I live and I can always talk to my parents about any discrimination. To be honest, I haven't faced any real racism other than glares but I don't think much of it. But my brother who's younger than me and only 10, has experienced racism in school, more by his teachers than his friends and other students which is surprising that teachers 15-20+ years older than him are less mature than kids his age. I think where I live, racism is different from gender, no matter what age, they treat black people, especially young black boys and men with discriminations and that is not okay. I live less than 100 miles from the acclaimed "most racist town in America." It's crazy the world we live in today....

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• WOAH! That's not normal or anywhere near good. I feel so bad for you. Is there someone you can talk to? There's a lot of black people where I live and I can always talk to my parents about any discrimination. To be honest, I haven't faced any real racism other than glares but I don't think much of it. But my brother who's younger than me and only 10, has experienced racism in school, more by his teachers than his friends and other students which is surprising that teachers 15-20+ years older than him are less mature than kids his age. I think where I live, racism is different from gender, no matter what age, they treat black people, especially young black boys and men with discriminations and that is not okay. I live less than 100 miles from the acclaimed "most racist town in America." It's crazy the world we live in today....

I talk to my parents but I live alone so

• We should never forget it. Abraham Lincoln was one of my heroes in abolishing slavery. I didn’t agree with the way black people were treated especially in the Deep South.

• Slavery was here since like 4000 years ago or even more, and I think it's still here in countries which are currently in state of war,

for example Polish people were slaves in those Nazi camps, or in Soviet gulags on Syberia,

in addition to that for example between 1474 to 1676 Tatars and Turkish people were raiding Poland, depends on how big groups they came but they always take some people with them and later sold them on slave market in Crimea, Constantinopole and Anatolia.

Statistic shows that for each of those attacks they've taken between 20-50k, but in those times when they attacked united it's confirmed that they've "kidnapped" and enslaved 500 000 people in 2nd part of XVII.

Just want to point out that many countries struggled because of others attacked them and made regular people their slaves...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!