What does “throw under the bus” mean?

• I always see people complaining about multis throwing their faves under the bus and I often wonder if these are people just being over sensitive, thinking that everyone who isn’t worshiping the ground the group walks on is a hater, or if this is a legitimate thing that happens?

So give examples of things multis say or do that qualify as throwing their “fave” under the bus.

• LovenRose

Changed the title of the thread from “What does “throwing under the bus” mean?” to “What does “throw under the bus” mean?”.
  • It is often overused but there are people who are quick to stan and declare themself as the biggest stan of someone but once a little controversy happens or a comeback flops a little bit they are the first one to hate on them or leave the fandom.

• To throw someone under the bus is to criticize, blame, or punish them, especially in order to avoid blame or gain an advantage. generally during fanwars. bring up other groups scandals to justify their main group, downplay success to raise another group, ect

• It's simple

When you attack a group you stan to defend the other group you stan and yeah, its a thing.

For exemple.

A person stan group A and B (theoretically). The fandom of group A suddenly do a thread or a tweet or whatever to shit on group B's talents. The person who stan A and B, to defend B and knowing the fandom is of group A, use their knowledge about the group A's skills, for following the group, to attack A and showing that, actually, group B's skills are better and that fandom of group A should put themselves in their place, cause they don't stan a group more talented than B.

And the funniest thing is that they act as if they are being rational and impartial.

• It is often overused but there are people who are quick to stan and declare themself as the biggest stan of someone but once a little controversy happens or a comeback flops a little bit they are the first one to hate on them or leave the fandom.

So it’s basically just very new bandwagon fans that were never really fans to begin with?

• To throw under the bus means to sabotage/betray someone or something

example:

-> you get detention, you know if your parents find out, you're grounded. you keep it a secret but confide in your sister. one day, at family dinner, you and sister get into an argument about who's doing better academically. your sister brings up your detention and now you're in deep trouble.

she threw you under the bus

Thanks for the explanation but was only referring to the situation I mentioned in OP. Knows what it means otherwise :)

• I will use current events to give an example (but this in no way happened). Say you are a multi of Stray Kids and BTS and an Army was dragging Jisung for the recently brought up controversy. If you go But Namjoon to deflect off Jisung and trigger Army, then you threw BTS under the bus.

• That doesn’t necessarily sound that bad tho? Like it depends on how you do it. If Itzy fans start hating on Gidle for being talentless for example and they simply point that Gidle have stronger vocals and that both groups have strength and weaknesses is that something you would say qualify as throwing them under the bus?

• That doesn’t necessarily sound that bad tho? Like it depends on how you do it. If Itzy fans start hating on Gidle for being talentless for example and they simply point that Gidle have stronger vocals and that both groups have strength and weaknesses is that something you would say qualify as throwing them under the bus?

ya know how sensitive kpoppers are

• *an anti gives "criticism" that isn't supposed to actually criticise but instead bash*

"I'm a blink and I found this funny"

"I'm a blink and I agree"

• I will use current events to give an example (but this in no way happened). Say you are a multi of Stray Kids and BTS and an Army was dragging Jisung for the recently brought up controversy. If you go But Namjoon to deflect off Jisung and trigger Army, then you threw BTS under the bus.

Ah yikes. But even that doesn’t have to be a bad thing if done right does it. Like both their mistakes happened a long time ago and they both apologised so an Army hating on Jisung is kinda hypocritical. Now if you go on and hate on RM for it there’s an issue but just pointing it out and using it as an example of idols making mistakes and learning from it isn’t really a bad thing imo.

• ill give you an example

lets say youre an armyblink who claims to like bp and bts

buut you also join in with people who shit on bts , call them names, make fun of their looks or vocals etc
    than you are throwing bts under the bus

Actually, the scenario I explained It's bad, cause you attack the group you stan and insert them in the convo to prove how "mediocre" they are just because the person who started everything stan them. If you stan a group and love them, in my perspective, you won't throw them to be attacked to save your other group's ass.

It's TOTALLY possible to answer the thread or tweet made by a midzy shitting on IDLE's vocals using their qualities and skills to prove they are actually talented without mentioning ITZY in the first place or using our knowlegde about ITZY's vocal skills to attack them and say IDLE is stronger. Because this isn't not even needed. You can explain why you find Miyeon or Minnie or Yuqi are tecnically talent, stable or even showing their lives only talking about them.

That's a scenario where I think It's normal to stan both groups and not throwing one under the bus.

The scenario throwing the group you stan under the bus:

"Oh you shouldn't come for IDLE's vocals. We both stan ITZY and we know they're mediocre vocalists, let's be real, and the only strong point is dancing. Remember it that live *insert the live's name* where Lia vocals where terrible? what is not happening in IDLE, please stop making the girls get dragged when you know they will for being average"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!