[PC][theqoo] DOES SINGING OR DANCING COME FIRST FOR IDOLS?

• source: [theqoo] DOES SINGING OR DANCING COME FIRST FOR IDOLS?

[theqoo] DOES SINGING OR DANCING COME FIRST FOR IDOLS?
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

This conversation took place between contestants on the show The Unit (2017-2018). Im Junhyeok is a former member of Day6, P.K is Park Yeongkyu from the group MVP and Wonjun is Onejunn from the group Boys Republic.

image.png

Im Junhyeok: To put it coldly, I'm always here just to practice singing.

Wonjun: But you've been someone who's more oriented towards singing since the beginning

P.K: The reason why you need to do more dancing is because hyung, you've been sandwiching us here. We've also been holding back.

Im Junhyeok: I'm not someone who have lived like that (practicing more dancing than singing) so I'm really trying my best here

Im Junhyeok: Why should dance come first?

Wonjun: Being an idol is about prioritizing dancing over singing

Im Junhyeok: I just hope that when our vocals as a group gets revealed, we don't embarrass ourselves

Im Junhyeok (interview): I felt like I was being cornered. Seriously if you can't sing, that's the main reason why idols are getting bashed on lately. People cursing you for being bad at singing

What do you guys think?

original post: here

Comments:

1. Of course singing... You can always use back dancers for the dance part... Even back dancers are as pretty as idols nowadays, so what's the difference..

2. Nowadays, all of the idols use AR and don't sing live anymore, so isn't it better for them to just perfect their dancing..

3. But if your singing sucks, no matter how well you dance, you don't attract any attention

4. If you're an idol, all you need is a good performance, so danceㅋㅋ It's also more enjoyable to watch the fancams

5. If we're talking about the past, it was obviously singing, I've never seen an idol who was unable to sing, but if you look at nowadays, it's obviously dancing..

6. If you're a singer, of course you need to sing. You can't have a singer who can't sing, while dancing is another category..

7. Of course singing, if you only want to sing, why don't you just become a dancer?

8. I used to think it was singing, but now it's dancing

9. Of course singing... Idols are singers after all..

10. To be honest, I hate seeing how music shows are recording ARs and pretend like they're singing as if it was live... Even if it's my bias, I just don't bother watching

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• of course singing

dancing you don't need to be exceptionally good, just being decent is enough and you'll never see an idol get criticize for their dancing unless they are lazy or do mistake

the same thing can't be say about vocal, it's more hard to hide it when you're a weak singer

This

• of course singing

dancing you don't need to be exceptionally good, just being decent is enough and you'll never see an idol get criticize for their dancing unless they are lazy or do mistake

the same thing can't be say about vocal, it's more hard to hide it when you're a weak singer

That's true + amazing vocalists are never called out even if they're not good dancers. But even if they're just average, no one will tell them to improve because they slay our ears.

Also, if someone's an amazing dancer and an okay singer, no one will be slamming their singing either from what I've noticed.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Singing but nowadays with kpop being heavily concept oriented I get why they also put a lot of effort into expression + dancing, for lesser known groups it's way easier to get noticed and build a fanbase by a great performance rather than singing ability

• That's true + amazing vocalists are never called out even if they're not good dancers. But even if they're just average, no one will tell them to improve because they slay our ears.

Also, if someone's an amazing dancer and an okay singer, no one will be slamming their singing either from what I've noticed.

yeah but Kpop have more decent dancer, than decent singer that's why you see more often critics about vocals

also if someone isn't the best dancer you just have to hide them in the back and nobody will notice anything because public eyes if focus on people on the front

you can't do this vocals, you can't hide them in the back or not giving them no line forever

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• yeah but Kpop have more decent dancer, than decent singer that's why you see more often critics about vocals

also if someone isn't the best dancer you just have to hide them in the back and nobody will notice anything because public eyes if focus on people on the front

you can't do this vocals, you can't hide them in the back or not giving them no line forever

Well since so many group lipsync nowadays, sure you can

mKl7Ghm.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!