[NB] NCT's Doyoung, Mark, and Johnny apologize for singing and dancing to 'Earthquake' during Jeju earthquake emergency alert

• NCT's Doyoung, Mark, and Johnny apologize for singing and dancing to 'Earthquake' during Jeju earthquake emergency alert

AVvXsEg9gmyWhyxGJyL9L302-6kXQVYxQbW-ZztkkxXPR-fNoSKOXiTVwOKsSDjORuJxUrFZhZpVyhCHlDcxlXbd2e3B2YLOzmv8v-rRxj_b5X_Jzey03_PVgbvUXyakf8yjxXm1Vh-oBVHFi5B-VEhhB6EJWmcd7kGu6AbY5PfDISHD7lPA-wd3qv_H-2YZ=s16000

Article: NCT sang 'Earthquake' at disaster text for Jeju earthquake... apologizes "It was careless of us"

Source: Everyday Economy via Naver

1. [+559, -8] What a rude bunch of..

2. [+381, -7] It hasn't even been that long since Mark was on a senior's radio show pointing his finger at him, giggling during the broadcast, having side conversations, ignoring senior greetings... How could they think to sing an 'Earthquake' song without any consideration to the victims of the earthquake? Is SM too blinded by their greed for China money that they're not even bothering to educate their idols on proper character anymore?

3. [+124, -6] Thank goodness there were no casualties in this earthquake but let's please use our brains before we act. Acting like this makes it so obvious how much intelligence you lack, and people will only ever consider you as some entertainment clown.

4. [+96, -3] Please think before you act...

5. [+62, -7] The entire nation can sing 'Earthquake' for them if their family ever died in an earthquake

6. [+49, -0] These idols are always acting up thinking they're so famous when the majority of the public has no idea who they even are ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+20, -0] Judging by how this isn't the first time things like this have happened, there seems to be an issue with their character. This isn't a group that is meant to last a long time.

8. [+20, -2] Such an arrogant and ignorant group ㅋ

9. [+18, -0] Their looks aren't even up to par and yet their brains aren't either?

10. [+9, -0] Mark-ya, what's wrong with you, this isn't even the first time.. wake up...

11. [+11, -2] As an NCT fan, I agree that it was careless. I hope that this doesn't happen again..

12. [+10, -1] That's actually so rude... singing that song while an actual earthquake is happening????? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

13. [+9, -0] And this is why celebrities are called clowns... how do you even think to dance after getting an earthquake text? What if someone had suffered an injury from it?...

14. [+7, -0] SM needs to start with character education

15. [+7, -0] It's fortunate that they apologized right away but please do not act like that with future disaster texts... this was really careless!

-

AVvXsEhL03Fxs_LqI3Xi37VuXDxWzf_jVp8KhM5TYgn8CMyR5_1Ien62cOSob-sS_DYkW785uvL0nnGNOlUgVnkJjCPeIjR6jUCtWfNVuTbMlcl4msBMcjLHdy_0PzAxn-cm5AkN_nFAAoz4X3J_aNiR1ibnDBNzUhaQetwBQYhtxZGrYZTNY5UjgUob0Ux4=s16000

Source: Naver

1. [+1,047, -5] They're crazy ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+489, -6] Hmm... so these uneducated kids with the celebrity disease are acting arrogant like this for what? ㅎㅎ It's quite obvious they're going to be nothing but a flash in the pan at this rate.

3. [+365, -0] They should be glad that there were no injuries or casualties. They must be insane... is this a joke? An earthquake??

4. [+159, -4] There's an issue with their character...

5. [+133, -1] Why even post an apology on Insta stories? It deletes after 24 hours..

6. [+63, -1] There's a reason SM has been pouring money into them but they still get no where

7. [+55, -0] I understand the desire to promote your album but there's a time and place for it, tsk tsk. This is pathetic.

8. [+44, -0] Is an earthquake a joke to you? When people can die from it? There was already a scandal not too long ago with their terrible behavior on a radio show... why are they acting like boys going through puberty, tsk tsk.

9. [+38, -1] These guys are really so thoughtless~~!!! I'll consider them a group to pass on in the future. I don't think I can ever forget that they're a group that danced around when Jeju was evacuating because of an earthquake.

10. [+37, -1] And this is why education is important, kids..

• what happened ?

there was 4.9 earthquake today on near Jeju Island

also it's sad that some members realized fast how dumb it was that other members started to sing and dance it...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

but this overall shows how stupid can one be...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They have a song on their album called Earthquake. When the track video came out and "Earthquake" was trending, Twitter even automatically attached country specific emergency numbers to the trending tag because the AI thought it was in regards to an actual earthquake.

It was a simple mistake and they apologized.

• that's so terrible wtfff ;(;(:?: how did they not know it was a serious emergency like?? don't they recognize the alert sound LMAO??

Because

External Content open.spotify.com

FvdzlsW.png

» Make a donation today and feed an NCTzen in need «

• Unfortunate coincidence :(

Thankfully they apologised right away though

"𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜   𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝   𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣"

final-61b8506fed445400c3eb937a-497781.gif

• I like how they apologized quickly but I can see why people are still upset. People could have died on Jeju, probably even family members of some of the commenters. I can see why they'd be upset. They don't need to forgive NCT just because they apologized. But I also think unnecessary hate is just too much. It was a simple coincidence and I don't think it's right to project that stress onto the members. Does that even make sense? it's hard to explain, I just ran like four laps my mind is racing

• How do they not understand an alert? The excuses here are hilarious. These idols are so out of touch and problematic. They deserve the dragging.

• How do they not understand an alert? The excuses here are hilarious. These idols are so out of touch and problematic. They deserve the dragging.

The alert is an emergency alert, which is also used for messages related to Covid, not earthquakes in specific. Their first assumption in fact was that it was a Covid related alert, as cases have been rising in Korea.

• some of the comments in the OP and even what people are saying now is kind of..?

like yall, this is something that could happen to anyone. people are making stupid excuses to drag nct when it was an honest mistake. they even apologized asap so like what are people saying?? don't tell me that they should've known that the earthquake was gonna happen pls.

• The alert is an emergency alert, which is also used for messages related to Covid, not earthquakes in specific. Their first assumption in fact was that it was a Covid related alert, as cases have been rising in Korea.

That’s why they said in the beginning that you have to wear your mask???!

:pepe-sad:

Please. If anything they look clueless, not rude or ignorant. Instead of dragging them let the members who not familiar with earthquakes learn more about stuff like alert and precautions.

• It was a mistake. They didn't realize. They apologized.

I understand the confusion. When the song first dropped and was trending on twt, I, who live in earthquake country, thought there was an actual earthquake (they happen all the time).

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• In Japan, there're different kinds of alarm. For earthquake, there's a loud buzzing sound and warning 'jishin' over and over from smartphone.

And I assume they didn't really aware because earthquake is a rare occurrence in SK? They might be wrong, but also might be bad timing with a coincidence that their song is named earthquake.

Tmi, when 'earthquake' released and trending, I had mini heart attack, because I thought there's another nature disaster in here after severe volcano eruption :pepe-sad: but indeed this morning there was a real earthquake with tsunami warning. But thankfully nothing happened.

Still... people who use earthquake as an excuse for petty fanwar and hating on them are the most insensitive ones. The worst ones....

• In Japan, there're different kinds of alarm. For earthquake, there's a loud buzzing sound and warning 'jishin' over and over from smartphone.

And I assume they didn't really aware because earthquake is a rare occurrence in SK? They might be wrong, but also might be bad timing with a coincidence that their song is named earthquake.

Tmi, when 'earthquake' released and trending, I had mini heart attack, because I thought there's another nature disaster in here after severe volcano eruption :pepe-sad: but indeed this morning there was a real earthquake with tsunami warning. But thankfully nothing happened.

Still... people who use earthquake as an excuse for petty fanwar and hating on them are the most insensitive ones. The worst ones....

There always be trash people who jump on opportunity to hate.

I hope the people who was affected in your country. If it’s the same area I wonder if it’s connected to the volcano. I’m watching too many volcano programs these days.

:pepecute:

• I was so confused when I saw Doyoung's story on IG, but now it all makes sense.

That was really unfortunate. Good, they apologized right away.

• The amount of nitpicking from netizens to NCT is so big they trying to make Mark look like a vile person. MARK.

Also that's some bad luck for an earthquake to happen, just when you are announcing your new album which includes a song called "earthquake". Confusion or not, they tried to be funny but it comes across as being unaware and out of touch, but haters as always are making it a huge thing when it's not.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• :suure::suure::suure:

They literally have a song called Earthquake in their new album which came out today. The earthquake alarm went off in the middle of their countdown live and they had no idea there was a real earthquake, they thought it was a reference to their song. It was an unfortunate coincidence that's all.

• Jealous Knet scum talking shit about NCT? Are they too stupid to realize that NCT as a group sold like 9 million albums this year? That's $150 million in gross sales in one year lol.

Knets think that if your digitals aren't top level you are failing, then they are surprised when ggs constantly on chart but with small fandom end up disbanding and then saying how they barely made money. They are just pretending because they deep down know they are very successfull.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!