Kpop is DEAD (Free education inside)

• Mmh.

I feel like the kpop industry will have to change and adapt, but I don't think it's going to die. Too much money to make from it for people to let it disappear.

I do agree that we are seeing a 'bubble' appear, with way too many groups launched at the same time though. Korea will not sustain all these groups, and neither will the international market.

• lol 4 is a good thing. CCP is a joke. I hope they ban kpop forever.

I don't think they will ban kpop or Korean culture for good, this is one of the few things that actually improved their relation (despite trade agreements), so I don't think China is just going to to mess completely the little of a "good relationship" they still have to Korea, yes, there was the whole THAAD thing, but even then I don't think they would just totally dump them off for that, because if they really wanted to, this would've already happened years ago.

• yeah, i agree with the 2nd and 3rd points (not sure about the rest, im not that interested in twice, bp or bts tbh). the industry is overcrowded, newer groups blend with one another easily, everything has already been done before. im not a big fan of the 4th generation kpop and the direction its going.

• Uncle Drew_B,

"BTS paved the way" - this term was not invented by BTS's fan. It was a term said by President, 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen idols. These ppl's didn't get on their position by writing essay on AKP. A fact. If I am not wrong Their words weigh more than you & they didn't beat about the bush & said this huge statement.

Yeah, We Army will left Kpop after BTS's disbandment. When 2nd gen idols left, their fans also left. Isn't it? But it is BTS that made singlehandedly this Giant dedicated fanbase. If after 3rd gen leave, 4th gen can't attract ppl, the thing will be what would happen if BTS didn't attract ppl.

You left a great point behind. The main pblm: people don't want to see what already exist. If Kpop keep wanting to make clones, they won't rise. Simple. You have no creativity & diversity, ok, thank you next. To Draw attention, one need to do st to draw attention. Cute concept is working, let's do it. Crush concept is working, let's do it. As a I_Fan, i can see this doesn't work.

And did you see, South Korea didn't care about other idols enlistment except one & only BTS. Why? $5 billion is a huge amount.South Korea govt. Knows before BTS, no idol could bring this huge amount & after bts, none will.

• I don't appreciate being educated in my own education thread. Good points though.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• All those points you've made were first fandom delusional talk until everyone caught up with the fact that ARMYs were scary and large enough and whoever said anything wrong about BTS would be harassed endlessly. So much of those opinions started as a way to get on ARMYs good side rather than an honest opinion about BTS. Seeing how saying something good will boost your visibility, they would rather repeat whatever nonsense the fandom was pushing. The fandom pushed and pushed until reality matched whay they wanted to believe.

And it will be interesting to see what happens to kpop when BTS leaves or enlists. Of course there will be a slump at first, it is what happens when you rely on a sole product and refuse to expand your horizon or give others a chance. But everybody eventually survives. And a lot of people move on, some really quick.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!