I find it odd thay gidle gets so popular before clc , thou Clc get hits.

• why is that sister dongsoang group always gets popular before their unnie groups for instance Gidle and Clc .CLC debuted way before Gidle and they take long before anyone recognize them I can only imagine how Got7 feel when their sister group gets huge before them 🤔😔😔which is sad because look what happen now .

• this is how it is sometimes, CLC just were hella unlucky, that's all

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not really the same narrative at all, CLC really struggled before changing concept, whereas GOT7 never struggled. In fact, before SKZ debut they were approx at their peak, and one of the biggest group in kpop. For whatever reason their fandom were never too vocals on forums etc but they were never in the same situation as CLC.

Cube struggled making money with CLC, with lackluster sales, whereas GOT7 was always a positive on that end. Cube found Soyeon with (G)-Idle, which meant they had a producer/songwritter/composer inside their new group which facilitates a lot their work. If they didn't have that i'm sure they could have destroy this group too.

About hits, CLC never got one and (G)-Idle got multiple but it is mostly luck and wouldn't have matter if CLC was a little more popular. CLC was never profitable, and now the group is almost dead bcz of cube. They could have been way better unfortunatly, and showed flashes of potential.

• CLC got overshadowed by bigger groups that operated with a similar concept. When they got "rebooted" with Hobgoblin, it went better but it was not enough.

(G)I-DLE started with a unique sound right off the bat. Plus, Soyeon gained some recognition pre-debut through PD101 and UPR3 which helped at least a little bit. The K/DA project also brought some attention to them. Then Queendom happened, and things started getting real serious from there. They've been on the rise ever since.

• The bitter truth is not every group will make it or hit it big. It has nothing to do with sister group or not.

It's all come down to timing and luck.

And got7 did had major splash with their debut as well as A, they really not comparable to CLC and Gidle situation

• Not really the same narrative at all, CLC really struggled before changing concept, whereas GOT7 never struggled. In fact, before SKZ debut they were approx at their peak, and one of the biggest group in kpop. For whatever reason their fandom were never too vocals on forums etc but they were never in the same situation as CLC.

Cube struggled making money with CLC, with lackluster sales, whereas GOT7 was always a positive on that end. Cube found Soyeon with (G)-Idle, which meant they had a producer/songwritter/composer inside their new group which facilitates a lot their work. If they didn't have that i'm sure they could have destroy this group too.

About hits, CLC never got one and (G)-Idle got multiple but it is mostly luck and wouldn't have matter if CLC was a little more popular. CLC was never profitable, and now the group is almost dead bcz of cube. They could have been way better unfortunatly, and showed flashes of potential.

I agree on what your saying but maybe if cube wasnt such a shitty company they would try to push Clc of being idol i mean they got look and they absolutely killed every era they were given . Gidle didnt start off with cutesy concept they stick to one concept and they went it , it wasnt like 4minute where they start off with some girl crush then later in the same year promote "what a girl wants" lol , both groups have the potential it just sad that only fans recognize one of them and so bias just saying.

• I agree on what your saying but maybe if cube wasnt such a shitty company they would try to push Clc of being idol i mean they got look and they absolutely killed every era they were given . Gidle didnt start off with cutesy concept they stick to one concept and they went it , it wasnt like 4minute where they start off with some girl crush then later in the same year promote "what a girl wants" lol , both groups have the potential it just sad that only fans recognize one of them and so bias just saying.

I don't shield Cube, they totally f up and it is almost entirely their fault CLC didn't succeed. Multiple times they had great momentum but 0 content, 0 promotion, 0 music. That is very bad, even worse when the group is already struggling.

• It’s often just luck and timing why one group becomes successful at debut and another doesn’t - unless you’re big 3 of course.

You can be supremely talented and with amazing songs but if the general public doesn’t know you exist or isn’t interested enough to give you a try - then you won’t be successful.

Then you have to hope to become viral for something or build up a fan base slowly - but the industry is so over saturated now with more groups debuting that it’s hard to stand out.

They really should have had 3 hits by now (Hobgoblin, Black Dress, No)

• bad timing.

CLC was overshadowed by bunch of cute/innocent concepts out there with Twice/gfriend dominating. When they started to change style with hobgoblin, they were starting to get attention but too bad, the timing wasnt correct as girl crush still wasnt popular that time..

When Gidle debut, thats when the girl crush started to get traction. The determinant factor is luck and timing

• Cube is a crap company but from a pure business point of view there is no point in throwing more money to a sinking ship.

CLC's growth was just not profitable after the first few years therefore there was no point in even giving them more money to promote because that would be a stupid decision - G-Idle on the other are probably turning a profit by now.

No matter how crap Cube was it just makes no sense to keep throwing money at CLC when they just did not succeed - the reason why they did not succeed - that's for a different day lol

• CLC had a really great identity crisis at the beginning i love Pepe, no oh no and tht one slow song thats absolute gold. I actually like them better before they were 4 minute 2.0

But also didnt the leader piss off koreans?? She even got less lines for the next 2 comebqcks after it happened. That probabaly was it too.

And also they had their concept change during a time where everyone was going dark so while it got attention it didnt set them apart.

• Cube is a crap company but from a pure business point of view there is no point in throwing more money to a sinking ship.

CLC's growth was just not profitable after the first few years therefore there was no point in even giving them more money to promote because that would be a stupid decision - G-Idle on the other are probably turning a profit by now.

No matter how crap Cube was it just makes no sense to keep throwing money at CLC when they just did not succeed - the reason why they did not succeed - that's for a different day lol

GIDLE is definitely making a profit. I Trust is the best selling album by Cube in 8 years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GIDLE…ghest_selling_album_by_a/

• Why is everyone falling into this narrative and ignoring the elephant in the room? Gidle is successful because they had soyeon. Yes luck and timing played a role but no one can deny her genius level talent in songwriting, composing, producing, visionary/concepts, stages and performances of a 19 year old on debut. Her most critical factor is her attitude and unwillingness to give up.. girl doesn’t cry when she fails or criticize she get more motivated. Who matched her output in last 2.5 years? 2/3x gidle cb, SM and Riot collabs ever single year since debut. Gidle is successful in spite of cube...cuz of their talent and genius leader deal with it!

68C11209-17CB-47A4-98A2-22B26B9E04A3.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!