Top 5 reasons we are in the final days of kpop.
1. BTS: Often credited for paving the way BTS has actually destroyed the way. They are so popular and have monopoly over every square inch so much so that no group can ever grow a fanbase on their level. When Michael Jordan retired from the Bulls the first time the NBA was never the same. Interest plummeted to an all time low. Same will happen with BTS disbandment.
2. Oversaturation: 50 groups debuting a week is suffocating the industry. Even if 3 of those groups make a little bit of noise it then takes away from the three from last week. And so on and so on. To the point no new group can ever gain any traction to become a worthy contender to helping grow kpop.
3. Music quality: This has been a problem since 3rd gen but luckily for kpop 3rd gen had groups so popular it didn't matter what they released. Looks and personality helped Twice overcome "Signal", Blackpink overcome "DuDuDu" and every song post "Asif it's your last " , Red Velvet overcome every song except "Ice Cream Cake" and "Bad Boy", and helped BTS overcome EVERYTHING post 2016. Think I'm exaggerating? Then why are kpop songs at an all time low with general public?
4. China: China has been waging a cultural war on Korea and kpop for years now but things are only escalating. They will eventually get to the point where China will ban kpop for good from its borders and we will never see another Chinese idol ever again.
5. Aging Twice: The is no girl group from any company today that can grab the potan from Twice and continue what SNSD started. Blackpink can dominate the rest of the world all they want but for girl groups to thrive in Korea you need to have a Nations Girl Group that holds the whole thing together for Korea. Twice was that group. And with the aging now and problems occurring within JYP it looks to be the end for kpops safety blanket aka NGG.
Please educate yourself on the facts above and brace yourself for the kpop apocalypse.
And here's a god damn for all the annoying squirrels who will come in here looking for food.