Do you think they’ll be able to break their own records or did they set the bar too high for themseves?

• I’m just gonna include a few groups and not all of their personal records, i’m just gonna list the records that they couldn’t break after having a comeback. And also don’t take this too seriously.

1. Blackpink. MV views in the first 24 hours: Record: 84M views. Comebacks after it: 79M and 61M views. I think this will be kinda hard but i think in the future they’ll break that record

Highest album sales for an album: Record: 1.3M albums. I know we don’t have a new comeback yet but i still want to include it. I think they’ll easily break that record with a huge margin, Blackpink are still at the beginning of their international blowup, the fandom is still growing really fast.

2. BTS. MV views in the first 24 hours: Record: 101M views. Comeback after it: 71M views: This one will be really hard to break unless they release another smash hit in english. And also the rule change

Highest album sales for an album: Record 4.3M albums. Comeback after it: 2.2M albums: Imo this one will be easy to break but with a small margin, the only reason they couldn’t sell higher than MOTS:7 is because it was more expensive and it had one version.

3. Twice. MV 24 hour views: Record: 42M views. Comebacks after it: 14M, 19M, 18.9M views. I think this one will be really hard to break if not impossible for them. Fancy was a hit among kpop stans. And also the rule change.

Highest album sales for an album: Record: 576k albums. Comeback after it: 487k albums: I also think this will be hard to break, More and More was after a 9 months hiatus and there was all this hype of Mina coming back. Unless they have a international blowup which is highly unlikely, i don’t think they’ll be able to break that record

4. Red Velvet: MV 24 hours views: Record: 10M views. Record after it: We don’t have a comeback yet but this will be REALLY easy to break considering the hype.

Highest album sales for an album: Record: 171k albums. Comeback after it: 131k and 149k albums. I also think this will be really easy to break considering the really long hiatus and also THE HYPE.

5. NCT: Highest album sales for an album: Record: 1.4M albums. Comeback after it: 1.2M. This will be easy to break with a decent margin. The only reason why they couldn’t sell more with this comeback was because it was a repackage and there was around one month for fans to save money.

6. Seventeen: Highest album sales for an album: Record: 1.4M albums. Comeback after it: 1.1M: I don’t think they’ll be able to break this record considering there was 5 months for fans to save money.

What do you think?

• Chaesoocrumbs

Changed the title of the thread from “Do you think they’ll he able to break their own records or did they set the bar too high?” to “Do you think they’ll he able to break their own records or did they set the bar too high for themseves?”.
  • 6. Seventeen: Highest album sales for an album: Record: 1.4M albums. Comeback after it: 1.1M: I don’t think they’ll be able to break this record considering there was 5 months for fans to save money.

What do you think?

Just gonna comment on Seventeen’s one. Fallin Flower was released in April, followed by that Heng:Garae was released in June, then in September 24H was released, right after that in October Semicolon was released. There was no 5 month break, and Semicolon was announced just 2 weeks before its release. Within just one week it was able to sell 900k, which is an amazing feat. It’s amazing how a special album, which generally sell less then usual was able to hit 1.1M with just only one version, even with just 2 weeks notice before comeback. I definitely think they can break their previous record, Carats this time around are aiming for 2M for the full album.

• Imo view wise for BTS. Yes its dependent on the song. I would say its more dependent on the type of the song not language. Its obvious BTSs pop songs (DNA, BWL, Dynamite), pull in the biggest view numbers.

But to put some numbers into perspective for the 71M that LGO got.... it got similar numbers to BWL despite it being a slow song which one can easily see get lower views (e.g Look at Spring Day's views, despite being the title track for their YNWA comeback, Not Today the bside mv has more views cause its a more upbeat dance track).

Its also obvious videos with choreography in them get more views most of the time (most of BTSs less viewed MVs are ones with a storyline, e.g. I NEED U, Spring Day, LGO, ON).

So basically LGO got almost the same number as BWL.. a song that is the type of BTS song that has an advantage for views being a Pop, dance, song and on top of that it was a collab with HALSEY which helped the views a bit obviously vs. LGO a slow Korean song with no dance with no collab, which is the type of MV that doesn't normally get a large amount of views. (And that goes for any artist most of the time, e.g. BPs least viewed MV is Stay, their slowest song that has a MV... it has the same things with it, no dancing, slow song.)

Dynamite's record will be hard to break in general cause its such a high umber. But personally I can see them breaking it because LGO got such a big number that was almost the same number as BWL despite being the type of song and MV LGO was.

And thats why I don't see it as dependent on language. I think BTS will have to release an upbeat song with choreo to break it, doesn't matter if its english or korean. I can see either breaking it.

Album sales wise. Considering the amount they've grown WW in 2020 and how they are continuing to in 2021, they can beat the 4.4M MOTS:7 sold. BE got 2.7M with ONE $50 version. It will obviously go over 3M with the new essential edition but again that makes it only 2 versions. If BTSs next album goes back to their usual 4 versions that MOTS:7 had... they can break it, and i do think by a quite a lot cause they've grown in most places in the world a lot, BUT one place in particular that is gonna prove beneficial to their physical sales growth that they basically exploded in popularity in is Japan. Dynamite has made BTS blow up in Japan and Japan is a known big market for physical sales. so if BTS's next cb does indeed have their usual versions like MOTS:7... than yes I can see them breaking it and not by just a little bit.

• Chaesoocrumbs

Changed the title of the thread from “Do you think they’ll he able to break their own records or did they set the bar too high for themseves?” to “Do you think they’ll be able to break their own records or did they set the bar too high for themseves?”.
  • I hope Blackpink continues to be more successful than they already are <3

✿ just a crumb of something please I'm begging ✿ ♡ ♚

I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
    in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

• Twice's view record is unlikely to be beaten.

Album sales would be easy if JYPE won't release Japanese album at the same time with 5 different merch pre-orders. They just need proper distribution not like they had with EWO (US distribution came 2months after comeback)

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF TWICE

ktbiwAh.gifNIJXpPq.gif

• It depends on song choice and strategy, but I think it’s certainly doable for all of these groups. While fandoms can certainly power success, BTS made a very strategic and specific choice with Dynamite, while Blackpink has also applied very specific strategies in song selection and collaboration to reach a wider market. For Seventeen and NCT, song choice also plays a role partnered with an emphasis on dances that can go viral and/or drive social content. RV certainly had a hit with “Psycho”, again I think song choice will be key here.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• 5. NCT: Highest album sales for an album: Record: 1.4M albums. Comeback after it: 1.2M. This will be easy to break with a decent margin. The only reason why they couldn’t sell more with this comeback was because it was a repackage and there was around one month for fans to save money.

nct are rapidly growing rn, im pretty sure they can easily outsell themselves

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!