Three episodes of Snowdrop to be released this week (fri-sun)

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

FHRmvpgX0AEkmJ3.jpg

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸ 𝓘𝓢𝓐 ¸¸♫·¯·♪¸¸♩·¯·♬¸¸

GO_bZN9WsAAjOLZ?format=jpg&name=medium GO_bZN8XgAABJxi?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited once, last by atropos ().

• doubt this will stem the backlash but there must be something good in episode 5 then...

I really don't know if anything will calm down the backlash unless there really is some good change in the story. It's just terrible how jisoo's acting debut is going on.

• I really don't know if anything will calm down the backlash unless there really is some good change in the story. It's just terrible how jisoo's acting debut is going on.

which is why I said there must be something good in episode 5 lol

well you win some you lose some...I've only seen an hour of episode 1 and I think she's doing ok so far

• which is why I said there must be something good in episode 5 lol

well you win some you lose some...I've only seen an hour of episode 1 and I think she's doing ok so far

If the synopsis that's going around is true I am not sure how much the response will change. Also are people even going to tune in to watch it anymore?

• so JTBC is Korean version of Grinch

yorobun Merry Christmas haha

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think it's possible to settle some of the ire around the plot.

I'm also not one to call for things to be cancelled with the better course of action probably being just to release everything at once if they're not fussed about sponsorships and whatnot anyway. The longer this goes in the more people will look into it (i.e. people are finding out more links with the writer and Conservatives in the country) and more controversies will arise.

When something gets politicised impartiality is hard to come by.

• Remember, a lot of famed and well-known materials continue to be loved, read and seen by millions despite the heated controversies surrounding them. The thing that is really frustrating is that they have tried and convicted the drama without even watching it. They have tried to censor it and shut it down when they haven’t even watched it in the first place. Even JTBC is standing up to them and keeps releasing snippets and videos. I hope they do clear things up but sometimes it’s also hard to explain things to people whose minds are already made up. Some of them are still being swayed by instinct and emotion rather than logic and reason.

• doubt this will stem the backlash but there must be something good in episode 5 then...

According to what I read… the ruling party is planning a conspiracy to make the democratic movement look bad, they team up with NK cause they don’t want to loose their power.

The NSA always frame protesters to be spies to randomly arrest and interrogate them… So now it has come to peoples notice that they never really catch a spy among them and start to get sus… There aren’t really spies in SK, so the NSA themself bring NK spies to Korea, let them disguise as students to than chase an kill them, after that they will use it to justify their actions.. it seems like only the higher ups within the NSA know about the conspiracy and the agents that follow orders don’t (including the second male lead) .. they really think they are chasing spies that sneak into SK, they are a national intelligence so this is actually really part of their job. Anyway the NSA agent (second male lead) will find out about the conspiracy and that the NSA and the ruling party were creating spies instead of catching them and that everything was a lie and that they were abusing their power. The ml (NK spy brought to SK by the NSA) could escape being killed and finds out about the conspiracy as well… so the former NSA agent and now former NK spy team up to expose the NSA and the ruling parties plan, which will result in them loosing the presidential election.

I personally get the plot, NK created these spies specifically to go on this mission without letting them know that’s it’s a suicide mission. NK, the ruling party and the NSA are abusing their power in every way possible.

But I don’t think that even with this reveal those who are already to emotionally invested in hating and getting it canceled will change their minds tho…

• I though the movie will be like that. goverment doing conspiracy stuff. so i wanna watch it. somehow like vagabond but in older times and with jisoo insteed of suzy. but i guess people will still be mad.

they will argue it still damage the reputation of the democratic movements and diminish the actions and the suffer some people had endured. because it indicates that in this fiction an nk spy, an nsa agent and jisoo help bring down the evil goverment while the real heroes of the movement arent even mentioned.

I think its just sad that the staff, the actors and others worked hard to entertain us and get this reaction. And than we complain why companies are so careful and let their artists not do anything.

Edited once, last by neigl ().

• I though the movie will be like that. goverment doing conspiracy stuff. so i wanna watch it. somehow like vagabond but in older times and with jisoo insteed of suzy. but i guess people will still be mad.

they will argue it still damage the reputation of the democratic movements and diminish the actions and the suffer some people had endured. because it indicates that in this fiction an nk spy, an nsa agent and jisoo help bring down the evil goverment while the real heroes of the movement arent even mentioned.

They will probably just prevent the conspiracy to succeed thats it. The movement will still be the reason Korea got democracy.

• They will probably just prevent the conspiracy to succeed thats it. The movement will still be the reason Korea got democracy.

at the time the movie (2nd ep) happend they allready got democracy...

first ep happend in march 87 the battle of the democratic movement(started 79, when the military took power, the gwanju massaker happend 1980) culminated in the june struggle that ended with the ruling party capitulated and agreed on 29thjune to give major civil rights and other demands. So the street battles, protests and tortures ended around that time. the constitution was finally signed on october 12th. the 2nd ep happend in october when the ruling party try to win the election in februar. but due to the oposition being divided they will win the election so the party stayed in power till the 90s when the former leader got condemned.

at this point its just political. and korean politics are a mess it seems. the last 3 presidents got condemned for some crime... maybe all this mess is an false flag from the right wing... they are pissed how their party is shown. but if they would argue like this nobody would care so if they claim they dont like how the democratic movement, or historical figures, or nsa or whatsoever is shown they get much more support and hearing. :P

• I've watched three episodes so far and it's not bad for me...

can't comment too much about the "issue" yet

• It's not boring anymore? Is there any thrill or anything?

no I don't find it boring...I'm almost done with the fourth episode lol

there's a bit of the romance part where I find it cute but the "good" part hasn't happened yet

but I guess the thing is I'm only watch this (as this is the first kdrama I've watched) because of Jisoo if Jisoo wasn't in it I wouldn't be watching it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!