Songs you can’t believe weren’t hits in korea

• Don’t come with random songs from your favorite groups. Like don’t come and say that a random b-side ballad from a random album from your faves should have been a hit. And just because you like a song doesn’t mean it’s what the gp likes

I’m saying like a song that sounds like something the korean gp likes and is interested in.

For me it’s Fancy from Twice, although i do think it’s a bit overrated by kpop stans, it sounds EXACTLY like what the korean gp would love. A fun, light, energetic song, without any random noises and a good rythm. I don’t know how it didn’t blow up in korea.

• FANCY WASN'T POPULAR IN KOREA?! WHAT? I'm surprised at that so I'm just going to go ahead with that.

Actually, I take that back. It was a big adjustment for most Once at the time. It was both concepts (cute and mature) but people were used to all cute. And I noticed that the songs that aren't as popular in Korea tend to be ones with more mature concepts. I'm not saying that it's always true but it seems to be the general idea...

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• FANCY WASN'T POPULAR IN KOREA?! WHAT? I'm surprised at that so I'm just going to go ahead with that.

Actually, I take that back. It was a big adjustment for most Once at the time. It was both concepts (cute and mature) but people were used to all cute. And I noticed that the songs that aren't as popular in Korea tend to be ones with more mature concepts. I'm not saying that it's always true but it seems to be the general idea...

Imo the sound didn’t change at all. They just wore darker and more classy clothes and called it a mature concept

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Imo the sound didn’t change at all. They just wore darker and more classy clothes and called it a mature concept

Ah, good point. I guess, it was definitely a change but I think that one of the changes was that they weren't all happy smiley at performances, they took a turned did a serious face idk how to explain it. But I feel like there was definitely something different going on that era lmao

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Ah, good point. I guess, it was definitely a change but I think that one of the changes was that they weren't all happy smiley at performances, they took a turned did a serious face idk how to explain it. But I feel like there was definitely something different going on that era lmao

Omg i think you’re right, i wanna focus on their facial expressions, i’ll rewatch their music show performances

• Oh wait, Chaesoocrumbs I forgot to mention that Jihyo called it a more mature concept when she answered why they did that concept for Fancy and she said that her and the other members voted on changing concepts, so I mean, you can consider it that and I respect your opinion. I think it was a concept change tho :)<3

Hmm after rewatching some of their performances i also think it was a concept change. You’re right

• Hmm after rewatching some of their performances i also think it was a concept change. You’re right

Yeah, I guess I agreed with you for a bit because there wasn't any major change in the music video other than the outfits but I think that the other stuff they did with it like the performances and promotions showed that it was a more mature concept imo :)

• Official Post

I'm gonna say I Can't Stop Me. Have no idea how it underperformed considering it's one of the best releases of 2020 imo and it's from one of the biggest GGs in Korea.

I think if that ICSM was released instead of M&M in early 2020, it would've been a huge hit considering it'd be after their longest hiatus

Also Bon Voyage by YooA is really calming and mostly general public friendly, surprised it didn't perform better considering OMG's growth in 2020.

• I know some people don't like this word but this song had so much 'National' Hit potential

• I'll name a boy group song: Run Away by TXT.

Yes, I know it's from my one of my ult groups.

But that song deserved to make them known in Korea.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• External Content www.youtube.com

4f1d094f215cfc2faf99432ca0238035.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!