What's your opinion on white racial insults?

• What's your opinion on white racial insults? 9

1. Are bad, shouldn't be used (6) 67%
    2. It's okay to use for political statement (3) 33%

There's been discussion about people been banned from certain social media places (or not banned but complained about) because they used racial epithets for white people: cr-word, h-word, mayo-*****, flour-*****, etc. Do you think those terms are "free speech" or should hey be banned just like f-word and r-word?

Facebook’s Secret Censorship Rules Protect White Men From Hate Speech But Not Black Children
    A trove of internal documents sheds light on the algorithms that Facebook’s censors use to differentiate between hate speech and legitimate political…
    www.propublica.org

• Those white focused words are based on normal everyday words. I like eating crackers (with cheese yum) so it would be silly censoring that lol. The context should be defining factor, if it is a clearly used in derogatory manner purely as a reference to their skin then the post/poster should be moderated in some, racism no matter which colour is at the receiving end is still racism.

• Don't use them myself but I also don't find them to be a big deal or on the level of racial slurs towards other races :wellr: AKP feel free to hate me but it's just not the same. The best example of this was I believe a news report in which they asked "is cracker the same as the n-word" and that in itself answered the question. They could say cracker no problem, no second thoughts or consequences but had to censor the other one and refer to it as "the n-word."

History and connotation shape the meaning and severity of these words. Cracker is even a reference to "cracking the whip" AKA white slave owners while the n-word was degrading term towards the black people who were enslaved and used by those cracking the whip. How could you even begin to say they're on the same level? Are they both race-based and used negatively? Yes. Are they the same? Absolutely not

Now whether or not white racial insults are nice or should be used is up to an individual but to say it's the same or on the level of other racial slurs is grossly misinformed and missing the big picture. White people just don't have the same history and discrimination behind their "slurs" as other races do

• i think that it doesn't matter. white people say slurs all the time about minorities and created many used today. they have been for years and years and years and now saying words to make fun of the very people who created slurs is wrong?

• Don't use them myself but I also don't find them to be a big deal or on the level of racial slurs towards other races :wellr: AKP feel free to hate me but it's just not the same. The best example of this was I believe a news report in which they asked "is cracker the same as the n-word" and that in itself answered the question. They could say cracker no problem, no second thoughts or consequences but had to censor the other one and refer to it as "the n-word."

History and connotation shape the meaning and severity of these words. Cracker is even a reference to "cracking the whip" AKA white slave owners while the n-word was degrading term towards the black people who were enslaved and used by those cracking the whip. How could you even begin to say they're on the same level? Are they both race-based and used negatively? Yes. Are they the same? Absolutely not

Now whether or not white racial insults are nice or should be used is up to an individual but to say it's the same or on the level of other racial slurs is grossly misinformed and missing the big picture. White people just don't have the same history and discrimination behind their "slurs" as other races do

nobody is comparing levels. just whether it's something that should be allowed if the clear intention is to disparage someone's race

• nobody is comparing levels. just whether it's something that should be allowed if the clear intention is to disparage someone's race

Frankly, don't care whether or not someone uses it. Especially since generally the connotation in which it is used is when actual marginalized groups use it in response to the racism and discrimination they face day in and day out

If by some chance, white people ever face the same level of race-based discrimination every other race has faced then we can discuss banning "cracker" but as of now it has neither the historical, cultural, or personal impacts to warrant even being considered a true slur. The majority of white people don't even care about it

• I would say, watch this.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I would say, watch this.

cringe

• This year when a 12 years old white child in the US simply waiting for his food at Mcdonalds got stabbed multiple times in the neck by a grown man screaming slurs against white people, and keeping screaming slurs after he walked away, major media outlets like CNN never mentioned that fact and said "motive is unknown", and it wasn't considered a hate crime by the justice system either.

Or, when in the UK, groups of hundreds migrant men specifically targeted thousands of underage white girls for years, raped and tortured them and killed some, calling them "white slags", "white whores who only deserve to be raped and are only good for those men to use", the justice system and the media said it wasn't racist, there wasn't anything racial about it - what was actually racist is calling out the men who did it. A british mp retweeted that "those white girls should shut up in the name of diveristy", and she is still in her top poltical position, no one said anything to her.

• It being banned has nothing to do with it being as bad as the n-word or other slurs. There's just no reason to allow it because all it does is cause unnecessary drama. It pisses one group off and then leads to them retaliating with slurs of their own. It just creates a very toxic environment for no real reason. No one uses a slur unless they are looking to start some shit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!