My fire for kpop is dying and it makes me sad. How do I rekindle it?

• I been a kpop fan since 2009. It was shinee's julliete that hooked me and the rest of genre was even more. To be honest, it was the way kpop never looked down on older sounds that caught me. I always been a bigger lover of the 80's 90's and early 00's than post 2010's.

However 2020 was a bad year....and kpop sucked too. I thought this year would be better and much like the pandemic in the US it was actually worse.

I listened to every group this year and I hated every single song. Am I just too old for this genre now?

• Everyone has different music taste. If you haven't found anything in Kpop recently that you liked, then it is what it is. Maybe you'll find something you like again eventually, but there's no point in forcing yourself to like music you aren't into.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• I dont think its possible that u did not like any grps

Maybe try to take a break?

When i first heard kpop songs in '19, i was able to find 1-2 songs i liked from a lot of groups so my expectations were quite high in 2020

obviously all the groups cant match their best title track with their next comeback so i became disappointed

So i did not check any kpop songs (except bts) in the latter part of 2020

This year, i was again able to find songs i liked from most of the groups i listen to casually!

• I'm in the same boat. Been in kpop since 2010 and in the last few years I just haven't been into it. Songs aren't really doing it for me (noise music, half empty etc) and barely any idol related TV shows that aren't competitions I don't really have the drive for it anymore. Now I listen to a some new releases and that's about it.

I guess you either find a new group you like or consider the reality that you just aren't into kpop as much anymore. No need to force yourself trying to like something you have no passion for

• age. can't be helped.

maybe try different concepts in kpop?

so many quirky ones that may work out this generation, some with captivating lore.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've got back into k-pop fairly recently after about a year of straying away from it.It's completely normal if you've been actively engaged in it for a long time.You shouldn't force anything.

• did u hear this one?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Why you need to rekindle it tho? Kpop is just a way to enjoy your free time, if it doesn't give you joy anymore then why do you even need kpop? Go for some other hobby: try to read books or manga or comics, try to watch TV shows or movies or series from different countries, try to go for a music of different industry, try new board game or just any game, try to grow an orchid or cactus or just go touch some grass or snow outside - there are a lot of ways to enjoy your free time

• If you only listen to kpop try something new like k hiphop or just play the groups you liked?

I listen to both kpop (also from 2/3 gen), khiphop but also jpop and a lot of western music (mostly hiphop)

I’d be bored only with kpop.

• You'd hardly be too old darlin, I'm 53 and still listen to K pop for ten years now through my daughter actually and even though she's not a fan, she still likes the music. I agree 80's music is some of the best music ever put out. Music shouldn't have an age limit but I kinda feel the same, apart from Aespa, BTS and now Twice, I've lost interest in the current gen myself and I came into K pop during second gen with SJ, SHINee, 2NE1 etc. If I'm still listening to it at fifty something, there's hope yet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!