would you consider yourself aromantic/asexual?

• I have been thinking hard about this but i do believe i'm aromantic , i don't think i really want nor feel the need to be a relationship with anyone

• no

i consider myself very romantic who unfortunately doesnt have time to meet new people and spend enough time on romance right now

like you, I dont feel the need to be in one right now either, but I want to try when I can again

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I'm definitely identity the closest with being ace.

• no

i consider myself very romantic who unfortunately doesnt have time to meet new people and spend enough time on romance right now

like you, I dont feel the need to be in one right now either, but I want to try when I can again

i think i never wanted to be in one since i was child , it always feel forced and i'm confused if that means i haven't met the right person or if this it (not that i mind)

• i think i never wanted to be in one since i was child , it always feel forced and i'm confused if that means i haven't met the right person or if this it (not that i mind)

i have been in relationships in the past

they ended badly although it wasnt anyone's fault

that said, i havent been in one since i graduated high school so i doubt those were that significant anyway

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I have sometimes wondered if I'm asexual or greysexual, but I think I'm just kind of sex-repulsed.

And I'm more interested in a romantic relationship with someone rather than a sexual.

I'm that kind of person, who waits until marriage to sleep with someone.

I admit that I have dirty thoughts sometimes and I sometimes feel bad for having those thoughts, feeling like I shouldn't.

For me, I'm not 100% sure about my sexuality, even though I identify as heteroflexible or straight.

• No, quite the opposite. A question for the folks identifying as ace or aro: do you feel like there is a lot of pressure to be in a couple or to want to be in a couple? Like friends and family don't support you? Or simply that there is an obsession in your culture/country about "settling down" that just gets frustrating?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• 'Ello my fellow aces! :cutes:

No, quite the opposite. A question for the folks identifying as ace or aro: do you feel like there is a lot of pressure to be in a couple or to want to be in a couple? Like friends and family don't support you? Or simply that there is an obsession in your culture/country about "settling down" that just gets frustrating?

I'm lucky and my family really doesn't care if I settle down or not. All they care about is that if I do find someone that they're a good person

• No, quite the opposite. A question for the folks identifying as ace or aro: do you feel like there is a lot of pressure to be in a couple or to want to be in a couple? Like friends and family don't support you? Or simply that there is an obsession in your culture/country about "settling down" that just gets frustrating?

Yes and no. Like obviously people want me to date and get married soon, but they also want me to focus on stuff like work and other life stuff too, so it's not like they're putting too much pressure on me entirely, but a small amount is undeniably there, at least for me. I think all my friends online support me fully and with my real-life friends, some support me more than others (some think I should be focused on being productive and not sex/my sexuality in the first place while others are happy that I found out who I am). Pretty much all of my family have the "you just haven't tried it"/"haven't found the right one yet" mindset, so for me, the acceptance has been mixed at best.

The "settling down" thing doesn't both me because I really do want to date, get married and have kids, just without the sex (I can always adopt/foster if need be), but I can see how it would bother some aromantic people for sure. If you have any more questions for me, let me know and I'd love to answer them. I can't answer for all aces, but I can answer based on my personal experiences in life so far. Have a great day/night!

• 'Ello my fellow aces! :cutes:

I'm lucky and my family really doesn't care if I settle down or not. All they care about is that if I do find someone that they're a good person

Hello! It feels nice to see all the other aces/aros on here gather together. Saw this thread was made before I was active, so it desperately needed to be updated. I'm so happy for you, that must be awesome. I hope if you do find someone, that they're a good person because it's the least you deserve. Have a great day/night!

Not really, at least not anymore. When I was younger I used to have quite a few family members who would harp on it whenever we got together, but years of shutting down the conversation eventually made them drop it. (I'm one of the older kids in the family too so once the gaggle of younger ones hit their 20s everyone shifted to them I think.)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!