Introverts, do you consider yourself to be very observant?

• That's how I feel, and I want to know how being observant can be an advantage. I always feel like I don't add anything because extrovert society says you need to act a certain way :-(

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• I pick up on a lot of things, I never talk so I guess people just say their business around me but I’ve leaned a lot of weird and strange things about people.

i have a question. how does having good observant help when you're doing group projects? asking for a friend :oops:

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• how does having good observant help when you're doing group projects? asking for a friend :oops:

To be honest it sort of helps when you listen to the partners convos, for me I just chime in the obvious and people agree with me. Listen close to see if you can do something easy (maybe that’s just me because I’m lazy) I just start to go on long tangents and act like I know what I’m saying. Group work kind of sucks but if you engage with the group a lot they’ll most likely like/trust you more and help you out better.

• You can see through bool sh!ee and tell when people are lying. More seriously though, introverts can be great creators, innovators, and problem solvers because they process information more thoroughly.

I want to give my take on the last quoted question of blackjackdirecti. In a group setting, some introverts can add value by making sure the project keeps moving forward in order to get stuff done. Because they can be so observant, they can also identify the strengths of team members and make sure those strengths are best used in ways to help get stuff done right.

Edited 2 times, last by DMV2DMZ ().

• I don't. I consider myself kind of a klutz. I am easily overwhelmed by information and daydream too much.

But I have been told MANY times that I'm very observant, which is something I have reluctantly accept. I'm not observant about the environment, but I kind of do about people. It's not something I do consciously. I just pick it up. I don't read people or psycho-analyze them. I just feel it and then take mental notes without using much mental effort at all. I only sound like I read people when I verbalize it.

Being observant CAN really be an advantage. I suggest you read the book " Quiet: The power of introvert in a world that can't stop talking".

• Errr, I guess. I've always been good at reading the room and reading people, despite not waiting to be around them.. For me it's like an automatic information overload since I remember things like sound, smell, mannerisms and how they move... With ease (but I can't recall what they look like unless I've seem them couple of times, or Super focus on their face first time round).

But being observant alone doesnt really translate to anything if you don't know how to use it.

You can use to munipulate stituations and people, or you can help people with it.

It can also help you adjust to certain surroundings and people, in which you can construct how much interaction you want to have with a person, based on how talkative or not they are and stuff like that, observe and mimicking socially acceptable behaviour to get through a day with alot of people and so on and so forth.

It's a transferable skill like alot of things... People just dont know how to adapt it and use it for something else so it seems pointless.

giphy.gif
    *Shawol* VK Lover

Edited once, last by xwhisperx ().

• That's how I feel, and I want to know how being observant can be an advantage. I always feel like I don't add anything because extrovert society says you need to act a certain way :-(

I would say so. I'm very quiet around people i don't know. I prefer to sit back and observe them, see how they really are. It's hard to gain my trust, and im very selective on who i trust but i will open up to you if i trust you enough

Ults: Enhypen, Xikers | Jungwon, Yujun

Bias: Woonhak | EJ

BOYNEXTDOOR | &Team

"Stray kids does not mean strait kids"

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• more or less, it honestly depends. I tend to overthink things in the moment but i also mistake social cues or don’t pick up on them at all..

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't. I consider myself kind of a klutz. I am easily overwhelmed by information and daydream too much.

But I have been told MANY times that I'm very observant, which is something I have reluctantly accept. I'm not observant about the environment, but I kind of do about people. It's not something I do consciously. I just pick it up. I don't read people or psycho-analyze them. I just feel it and then take mental notes without using much mental effort at all. I only sound like I read people when I verbalize it.

Being observant CAN really be an advantage. I suggest you read the book " Quiet: The power of introvert in a world that can't stop talking".

that’s a really cool skill to have!

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!