Do you believe humans evolved from an apelike ancestor?

• Agree? 34

1. Yes (29) 85%
    2. No (5) 15%
    3. I'm neutral as of now (0) 0%

Personally, yes. The fossils and evidence is all there and the more I learn about it, the more it makes sense and fills in the holes. When you put our findings in order and compare the traits found, I feel like the answer is pretty clear. Even materials found alongside the fossil skeletons add up

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I voted for yes, but actually I don't believe we 'evolved from apes'. I think we share a common ancestor.

I don't think this is as simple as 'we evolved from apes'. I think apes and humans both evolved from the same species.

• External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

this is a discovery of another neanderthal..im not sure if you're agreeing or disagreing?

• I voted for yes, but actually I don't believe we 'evolved from apes'. I think we share a common ancestor.

I don't think this is as simple as 'we evolved from apes'. I think apes and humans both evolved from the same species.

actually according to phylogenetic trees chimps are our closest living ancestor

• No apes would have been evolving into humans by now. It's true that apes and humans share DNA characteristics but bananas have more DNA in common with Humans, we're not bananas :angryr:

I do think that cavemen were hairy and stuff but I don't think they were apes. Humans are their own race

I do respect other people's thoughts and views but these are my own

i think you're misunderstanding how natural selection and evolution works. also, chimps are our closest LIVING ancestors.

what it means to be so closely related( DNA etc) to these primates means we probably shared a common ancestor, that's why the title says an ape-like creature not apes. then due to different situations( like areas we lived/food/natural disasters)) we evolved over the years to become the humans that we are now.

the evolution of a species tasks 1,000s of years so we're not going to be seeing apes become humans lol, also you cant replicate the same conditions that created humans in the first place.

this is the most accurate take

• no, I don't believe we evolved from apes, but I do believe we shared a common ancestor. There are many missing species of humans in our chain of evolution.

Edit: somebody already said it above.

Edit 2: this topic also reminded me of this very funny clip from futurama. The comments under the video are also fun to read.

External Content m.youtube.com

Agreed, thats why I said apelike. Ardipithicines and a lot of our other early ancestors leaned way more ape than human imo

Ardipithecus ramidus | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

No apes would have been evolving into humans by now. It's true that apes and humans share DNA characteristics but bananas have more DNA in common with Humans, we're not bananas :angryr:

I do think that cavemen were hairy and stuff but I don't think they were apes. Humans are their own race

I do respect other people's thoughts and views but these are my own

Not trying to discredit you but even outside of DNA, theres a lot pointing to humans evolving from an apelike ancestor. Cavemen are classified as humans and take place after millions of years of evolution

The Shore-Based Diet: Fish in Hominin Evolution | Agrilinks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!