Produce 101 Japan Girls Season When?!!

• AKB seems to be falling in popularity due to pandemic restrictions getting in the way of live concerts which was a huge reason people liked them so much

AKB48 had not been strong in concert department for few years before COVID. The real blow up was the absence of handshake event.

No, sorry. Japan already has AKB

It's more of Yoshimoto already has had NMB48. (Lapone, the label running Produce Japan, is a joint venture between Yoshimoto and CJ ENM.)

• Like I need them to hurry up & make it. I want to see my J-Group faves from GP999 ;(

PDJ most likly won't take people who allready apeared on another survival show (altho Jun Uehara in season 1 was on season X in Korea before).

In case any of the named idols/participants of GP999 that people want on the show is still signed to an agency they have to cancle the contracts (PDJ law) wich might be hard for some people since many might fear at the end to not return to their agency when they fail during the survival show. Also Lapone looks like if they preffer to have their boygroups since male idol-groups seem to function better for Japan (You can see that at the list of the most popular artists in Japan how many boygroups are on the top instead of girlgroups since the only GGs who really make it big in Japan are just the 46/48 groups).

Japan isn't too interested into girlgroups right now. There were/are 2 survival shows in Japan this year about girlgroups and the one ran by FNC was more likly a flop. The one that is still airing in Japan at the moment, I have no idea how this even will look like since there are no stats out yet altho the first episode aired on the 24th of October and the dude who had the idea for the show is not only a very famouse musician in Japan but also decided to work with Hybe for this girlgroup.

If nothing changes in the next at least 2 years than girlgroups will most likly totally die out in Japan except some few exceptions

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• PDJ most likly won't take people who allready apeared on another survival show (altho Jun Uehara in season 1 was on season X in Korea before).

In case any of the named idols/participants of GP999 that people want on the show is still signed to an agency they have to cancle the contracts (PDJ law) wich might be hard for some people since many might fear at the end to not return to their agency when they fail during the survival show. Also Lapone looks like if they preffer to have their boygroups since male idol-groups seem to function better for Japan (You can see that at the list of the most popular artists in Japan how many boygroups are on the top instead of girlgroups since the only GGs who really make it big in Japan are just the 46/48 groups).

If nothing changes in the next at least 2 years than girlgroups will most likly totally die out in Japan except some few exceptions

You mistook too much about girl group market.

48 franchise has long been in a slump. AKB48 has been rejected from Kouhaku 2 years in a row and members (Yukirin and Mion) expressed they were bitter. A member of a sister group (NMB48) expressed sister groups were not even in the position to feel bitter as Kouhaku was too impossible to them.

46 is a one that still going strong. Yet, it looks like 46 franchise has passed its peak. Keyakizaka has been fallen gravely after rebranding to Sakurazaka.

NiziU is on the roll and likely is the hottest girl group of the nation at the moment.

Those Wack's groups also seemingly are rising so as Sasshi's groups. Bish has been invited to Kouhaku for the first time this year.

Boy group and girl group markets are mainly separated. However well boy groups doing does not really relate to how well girl groups can do.

• AKB48 had not been strong in concert department for few years before COVID. The real blow up was the absence of handshake event.

It's more of Yoshimoto already has had NMB48. (Lapone, the label running Produce Japan, is a joint venture between Yoshimoto and CJ ENM.)

I saw more opportunity .

Like nmb kennin. My girl miru is on my top 12 during pd48 .

And murase sae can be a visual too . She got trending during pd48.

• The next one is probably gonna be girls. INI (the winners of the second season) had huge sales for their debut but pumping out a boy group every year is going to be overkill.

• I saw more opportunity .

Like nmb kennin. My girl miru is on my top 12 during pd48 .

And murase sae can be a visual too . She got trending during pd48.

2 PERMANENT groups been formed through 2 previous seasons Produce Japan. If there is yet again another season, I assume the group formed will yet again be a permanent group. So, kennin is not doable.

I assume Yoshimoto still is busy figuring out how to make NMB48 works again that it may not be interested in another girl group as that may mean the death of NMB48. NMB48 already is a big legion of girls, more girls may be not manageable to Yoshimoto.

If there is another season, I predict it be girls' one. Yoshimoto was running out of contestants in the second season. Few comments said a grotesque being would have debuted had it been any more debut spot, debuted contestants were only finely looking ones in the show.

I guess Miru has been too old to re-debut and Sae has quit showbiz to work on clothing business. J-idol industry does not any less obsess with youthfulness to K one. Rarely any female J-pop idol debuts post teenage and it is not uncommon there to debut at 12-13 years old.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!