Somi has been releasing some bangers!

• XOXO is so good and catchy its not even funny. Bruh...

Especially this band version.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Her discography is amazing. Aside from the hiatuses and lack of quantity, the quality at least makes up for it. She has like 1 song I'm not crazy about, but the rest are fantastic. Teddy has done an awesome job with the quality of her music. But not only is TBL doing a great job with that, Somi's contribution to her own discography has been really impressive. Outta My Head and Watermelon are both great songs she heavily took part in composing and writing. I had no idea she had that kind of talent. But it's part of the reason I'm such a big fan of hers and really look forward to what she brings in the future.

XOXO, DD, Watermelon, and Anymore are some of my favorite songs this year and are consistently on loop. I can't say enough good things about her.

• I think it’s great that she plays a big role in the compositions of her songs as well, which is honestly why I think she chose to sign with TBL. She actually gets say in her music, wardrobe, dancing, and promotions unlike if she would have debuted in JYP. She already experienced the controlling during IOI and wanted nothing more to do with it.

• I was surprised by how natural pop-rock/punk Somi + band is. Somi and Teddy have an opportunity to come up with a fresh sound that combines pop-rock/punk with kpop. They seem to be moving in that direction because Anymore was the only other song that Somi performed, and people were very positive about it.

Anymore didn't try to mix kpop with the pop-rock sound, but XOXO seems influenced by both. Just get Somi, TBL producers, and Western pop-rock producers in the same room and see what new things they come up with.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• Honestly, imo her only weak track is probably Birthday. The song felt like it was trying to do much at once, trying too hard to be unique and quirky and just came off awkward in the end. It had the potential, but again it was trying to do too much. They decided to go a bit simpler with her other tracks and it's definitely paying off - they're focusing on just making good music and it shows. All her other releases have been straight hits one after the other.

• I was surprised by how natural pop-rock/punk Somi + band is. Somi and Teddy have an opportunity to come up with a fresh sound that combines pop-rock/punk with kpop. They seem to be moving in that direction because Anymore was the only other song that Somi performed, and people were very positive about it.

Anymore didn't try to mix kpop with the pop-rock sound, but XOXO seems influenced by both. Just get Somi, TBL producers, and Western pop-rock producers in the same room and see what new things they come up with.

Agreed. While I hope she doesn't abandon the hip hop/r&b pop genre, pop/rock Somi is something I did not even think about. And she's awesome at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!