Should MNet reform IOI for Queendom S2?

• Would it be a good idea for MNet to reform IOI for Queendom S2?

I heard that the producers were concerned that if Road to Queendom didn't do well then Queendom would be cancelled (screwing over the winner, since getting on Queendom is the prize). I don't think that would happen if they could get IOI reformed for the show, even if Road to Queendom flops.

Pros:

- Popular individual members + first time performing together after 5 years = huge buzz

- Powerhouse lineup:

Center: Nation's

Vocal: Sejeong, Yeonjung

Dance: Chungha, Yoojung

Visual: Somi, Chaeyeon, Doyeon, Pinky

Face: Somi, Mina

Leader/Rap: Nayoung

Underdog: Sohye

- Reforming a short lived group would be different from the other groups which would make the show more interesting

- Would help to rehabilitate the Produce brand (I've seen articles stating that MNet wants to restart the show)

Cons:

- Discography: tiny and lower charting compared to the other groups that would be selected (possible pro: new songs)

- Difficulty getting them back together and working well as a group again. If they can get Somi, Sejeong, and Chungha most of the other girls should follow and the group would work (they don't need everyone for it to work). Chance: Chungha 95%, Sejeong 75% (might be concerned about dancing again or already booked for acting), Somi 50% (Teddy's protective of his acts, but if Somi insisted...)

For this to happen MNet would need to arrange this far in advance of the show to coordinate schedules and give the girls time to practice together.

P.S. If this doesn't happen, Chungha should be selected as the solo for the season.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• it might help with general public but lets be honest most of ioi fandom is no longer around so i wouldnt wont them to compete on a show like this just silly

they would be better off on just having weki meki and wjsn on road to queendom than having some ioi reunion on queendom to get a small chance at a viewership boost

• Sounds like a fan fantasy. Kingdom/Queendom have been about solid talents - visuals and human interest case like Sohye should not matter.

But won't happen, and even if it happens, will have little to no impact on Produce or I.O.I members.

Produce 101 Season 1 and IOI are best left as a good memory.

If companies could not keep I.O.I together in 2016-17, nor retain I*Zone despite the fan activism. it is not going to happen now.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• Same here, and I'll continue to support the members' new activities <3

exactly we remember the good times and eventually (I'll say prob one year from disbandment) you move on but we can still support the members themselves...

you looking forward to IVE?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!