What did Hwasa do?

• Im sorry but CA is stupid as hell.

And mamamoo have apologized for their blackface scandal.

good for them then.

also how is cultural appropriation stupid? kpop idols in general need to be educated on it so they dont do the same shit again.

• also how is cultural appropriation stupid? kpop idols in general need to be educated on it so they dont do the same shit again.

The whole CA bullshit is so fucking stupid.

You shouldn't get harassed for wearing something that doesn't originate from ur culture.

• The whole CA bullshit is so fucking stupid.

You shouldn't get harassed for wearing something that doesn't originate from ur culture.

just say you have no respect for other people's feelings and go lol.

hwasa can apologize, people can decide not to accept it. thats life. CA is not "stupid".many kpop fans just misuse the concept to hate on idols they don't like and to seem woke with their performative activism. that does not erase the harm CA can cause.

who's your favorite artist?

Edited once, last by aclassyteaparty ().

• I quoted an army calling out Mamamoo for doing bleh things in the past. Pretty much 90% of those things were also done by BTS. So why the double standards against the girls?

BTS gets dragged for this every month and used as a scapegoat every time someone fucks up. Do you want Mamamoo to deal with this too or...?

⟭⟬ ARTIST OF THE YEAR ⟭⟬

AWARDS-AMERICAN-MUSIC--97_1637613102609_1637613116956.JPG

• What about BTS sis? They’ve had pretty similar “scandals”

wtf is wrong with y'all? seriously? no, bts has never done blackface. stop with this "everyone does blatantly racist things" angle. bts has also shown that they understand why its wrong to say the n word and they have shown respect for black people specifically to the point where i myself feel comfortable considering them genuine.

i don't believe i ever said what my personal stance was on hwasa for you to attempt to make me out as a hypocrite. the op asked what hwasa did and i told them. the second y'all try to finger point and shift blame when it comes to race and culture issue, i just know you're harboring a lot of microaggressions towards marginalized groups. thanks for showing your ass.

• wtf is wrong with y'all? seriously? no, bts has never done blackface. stop with this "everyone does blatantly racist things" angle. bts has also shown that they understand why its wrong to say the n word and they have shown respect for black people specifically to the point where i myself feel comfortable considering them genuine.

i don't believe i ever said what my personal stance was on hwasa for you to attempt to make me out as a hypocrite. the op asked what hwasa did and i told them. the second y'all try to finger point and shift blame when it comes to race and culture issue, i just know you're harboring a lot of microaggressions towards marginalized groups. thanks for showing your ass.

I guess you’re having selective memory here and completely dismiss the fact that they’ve used problematic clothes in the past or the fact that Suga explicitly used as mass murderer voice sample in one of his songs

I think it’s great if you feel comfortable with their apologies afterwards but don’t come here to claim Mamamoo has not done the same. They’ve apologized in multiple times too so I don’t get why they still get labeled as problematic whereas boy groups can easily get away with those issues

• I guess you’re having selective memory here and completely dismiss the fact that they’ve used problematic clothes in the past or the fact that Suga explicitly used as mass murderer voice sample in one of his songs

I think it’s great if you feel comfortable with their apologies afterwards but don’t come here to claim Mamamoo has not done the same. They’ve apologized in multiple times too so I don’t get why they still get labeled as problematic whereas boy groups can easily get away with those issues

yoongi did not "explicitly use the voice of a mass murder". as stated in their apology, the main producer who worked on the track put that in. and even then, i have my own opinion on that matter that i don't feel the need to explain to the likes of you. you're bringing up stuff about bts when they were never apart of the convo. me saying mamamoo has done bleh things has nothing to do with what bts has done and what i think of things they have done. and you look foolish trying to draw false equivalencies to defend mamamoo from someone who literally just said they have done "bleh" things. do you want me to say bts has done "bleh" things too? bc i never denied that.

but anyway i wasnt even just talking about race related things when i said that about mamamoo. solar making fun of that one senior singer when she had vocal nodules, solar casually singing singing a lyric to a song about r*pe and murder at a fansign. you made this into something it wasn't. get over yourself.

• Honestly the legitimate stuff are:

1. Mamamoo did blackface (2017) and apologised multiple times.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjG4BZ_mCaIaKCzmG2AidLi5zvaituxAzDnQ&usqp=CAU

2. Hwasa did an impromptu Irreplaceable cover at a radio show (2015). She doesn't speak English and read the lyrics off Melon (which includes the n word). The show and Melon apologised.

20210209_174901.jpg

3. Hwasa wore a durag on Queendom (2019).

Really, no one is obliged to forgive them but what's really annoying is the amount of misinformation people willingly spread.

Stan twitter parrots things like Hwasa apparently called herself "black unnie", wore African clothes to scare people, skinny-shamed women, etc. without proof or are just plain mistranslations.

They were proven wrong but of course, clarifications never get the same traction. It all just gets lumped together as "Hwasa and Mamamoo did so many things" even if they were already debunked.

• I see stan Twitter is bored again.

No one has to forgive what Hwasa/Mamamoo did because even I had doubts of giving them a chance but I've given other Kpop groups a chance despite them doing some foul shit yet Mamamoo tends to get the brunt of the criticism. And I also think it's because Hwasa/Mamamoo is getting more popular internationally so they will dig up their past and current events to get them dragged and have people dislike them. Goes back to what I have said in the past is that stans pick and choose on who gets to be seen as racist and who gets a pass. Cause it happens a lot with the Kpop community.

• just say you have no respect for other people's feelings and go lol.

hwasa can apologize, people can decide not to accept it. thats life. CA is not "stupid".many kpop fans just misuse the concept to hate on idols they don't like and to seem woke with their performative activism. that does not erase the harm CA can cause.

CA can't cause any harm,

if you're offened by it, it's your problem

• The color of your skin does not determine what you're allowed to wear. This is absolutely idiotic. Unless you're wearing something intended to mock, disrespect, or insult other people or other cultures, you should be allowed to wear whatever the fugg you wanna wear.

This is America ffs, not Nazi Germany.

Exactly.

Also, many things that people wear on a daily basis originate from another place so why aren't they criminals too.

• This thread contains 13 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!