Can members who had a kid or married comeback to their groups ?

• we all know that agency use this the weird relation that fans have to their favs, when they almost feel like they are dating them to promote their groups

that's why they are playing on the fanservice, and that's why groups doing a lot of fanservice are usually pretty popular

but this whole "relation" for some kpop fans lie on the fake image, that idols are your friends/BG/GF, that they are single and you feel special to them

but when members of kpop groups have a baby or get marry this ideal of the image of Idol suddenly break

that's why a lot of idols leave their groups when they'll become parent or marry

and there's some case when idol are ready to comeback in the group but fans are against it, because they feel betray like in the case of Sungmin from Super junior

we don't see a lot of active group who are popular promoting with a marry man or a father

but lately we saw this happening much more, with Bobby and Chen for example marrying someone and becoming father

do you think that these type of idols have a chance to go back to their group like normal and be accepted by fans ?

or do you think fans will most likely be against it, and these members will unofficially leave the group like Sungmin ?

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• i dont think they should come back bcos it is irresponsible to not look after their family as being a kpop idol takes alot of work.

i also dont think i can be a fan of someone who is married to as it is not fair for the other members that dont date for their fans.

• Isn't iKon planning a comeback as we speak? I feel like I saw that recently.

I also don't see Chen leaving. Outside of a small subsection of fans, most were very supportive. I also think SM learned from Super Junior and realized that EXO has a reached a point where their fanbase has mostly stabilized. Most of their fans are closer in age to the members and are also settling down. Sure there are delusional fans, but I do feel like the positive and supportive voices are getting louder.

• Isn't iKon planning a comeback as we speak? I feel like I saw that recently.

I also don't see Chen leaving. Outside of a small subsection of fans, most were very supportive. I also think SM learned from Super Junior and realized that EXO has a reached a point where their fanbase has mostly stabilized. Most of their fans are closer in age to the members and are also settling down. Sure there are delusional fans, but I do feel like the positive and supportive voices are getting louder.

I mean elves are still not allowing Seungmin to comeback to suju

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I would like to say yes, they can comeback. I personally dont see getting married or having a child sth to stop people from their careers.

However the evidence and kpop history is contradictory to my wishes.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• well they are not looking after their family by making millions of dollar promoting as Kpop idol ? '-'

that is a good point :/

maybe if they from a popular group since they have more fans to forgive them, but i think if it is an idol from a lesser known group then they are in trouble.

• that is a good point :/

maybe if they from a popular group since they have more fans to forgive them, but i think if it is an idol from a lesser known group then they are in trouble.

well Sungmin was from Suju , a big group

and he can't come back in the group since he marry his wife

fans were even still mad about it when he release a solo song in last august :/

• that is a good point :/

Lesser known group can also mean still making money but also less activities so basically more time for the family.

But yeah it would be a problem if they're from nugu groups though being nugu is a problem to all nugu members.

• i mean so many older gen idols who are married have had comebacks recently in their groups (some whilst pregnant) so :eyes:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• It will be easier for BGs but GGs definitely a no no

agree

i think if a GG member comeback she'll get a lot more hate than a BG members

considering that i think people would attack her saying " she's on stage when she should take care of her baby" , "who's taking care of her baby if she's on stage"

meanwhile the BG members would have less problems since people would just say that he is to make money for his family

even if it by using the money of his fan that he "betray"

especially in a very traditionnal country like Korea, where they still have this image that the woman take care of the home, the kids and her husband when he come home

and the husband should be the one to bring the money home

• i mean so many older gen idols who are married have had comebacks recently in their groups (some whilst pregnant) so :eyes:

like who ?

After school members ? they didn't make a comeback it was just a special performance

or like SES for their anniversary ?

that's why i mention active group

because people tend to be much more okay when it's a group who's no longer active considering that their fandom move on to other groups

• both but also theres lee hyori whos married and had a comeback in a different group so idk i guess it depends on your image beforehand.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Sure. Minhwan got married and had kids, and FT Island released two songs after that. (With Jonghoon probably killing the group entirely at this point, but it definitely wasn't Minhwan.)

But it probably helps that they'd already been active for more than 10 years at that point.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• both but also theres lee hyori whos married and had a comeback in a different group so idk i guess it depends on your image beforehand.

well it was a special project group

it's not a real group, and people are already use to hyori, she's consider as an old idol

that's why people don't really care, she doesn't have a fanbase anymore

she rely on the public know, and the public doesn't really care about this

it's more the fanbase who have problems with this

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!