Honestly, non-Asians in Kpop don’t phase me anymore

• Not in a good nor bad way

Whenever I see them in Kpop groups now, I see them like everyone else

Like Fatou for example. She blends in with the rest of BlackSwan so well, she never stood out in a bad way

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I’m not Korean so it may not be my place to say. However I don’t really see a problem with non-Asians in Kpop. Not in an “I’m advocating for more” sort of way, but in a “If it happens, it happens” sort of way

• Then again, could be because the ones who debut nowadays are actually attractive & sound pretty nice

Cuz half of EXP Edition were…. Umm…..

Edited 2 times, last by Lubby00 ().

• Everyone who's opposed such Kpop groups, they'll get used to it after some years. ^^ First it was against "too many non-Koreans", then about "too many non-Asians", maybe now against black people (I guess). Just wait and see, if we get more of that it'll became normal after some time, surely for international fans at least.

• I gone lie if I say it's something I want, but if it's only a few here and there, no problem. But I don't think I would like it much if they started to become a big share of the members .

• Good thing nobody is trying to speak for us.

Non Koreans in our music is cool most find it interesting. I know in the west primarily the USA, people are very critical about race and there's a lot of gatekeeping on who can do what when and where. But for the rest of the world that isn't a problem, we don't have underrepresentation. Asians make up 70% of the planet population and the oldest histories and continuing dynasties that date back to the beginning of humanity. This might be a issue in the west but in reality YOU are the minority on this planet. As a consequence of this most of the world including my country Korea often welcome's forgieners and most people are delighted to see people interested in our culture, people will dress you up in tradition clothing, teach you every tradition and will encourage you to participate in our culture and even adot it people are quite happy and flattered if someone wants to adopt our tradition and culture, we don't gatekeep. This is why Western people in kpop isn't a problem for us kpop was a gift we gave to the world, not something we horde over you and say no you can't touch it.

• I'm curious how people's reaction to NCT Hollywood if it really happen this year. Will Kpop stans still hate it or will they accept it because I remember people hate the idea of a Kpop group but all non-Koreans to the point that they feel bad for the current NCT members because NCT name might be ruined.

• I'm curious how people's reaction to NCT Hollywood if it really happen this year. Will Kpop stans still hate it or will they accept it because I remember people hate the idea of a Kpop group but all non-Koreans to the point that they feel bad for the current NCT members because NCT name might be ruined.

I found it interesting and alot of people here find it cool and want to see what comes of it. I did laugh at the 🤡🤡🤡🤡 out there in the west talking about not having non asians in nct Hollywood 😂 like clown don't speak for us we don't gatekeep our culture Don't try and impose your world view on the world gtfo with that hypocrite bullshit.

• I found it interesting and alot of people here find it cool and want to see what comes of it. I did laugh at the 🤡🤡🤡🤡 out there in the west talking about not having non asians in nct Hollywood 😂 like clown don't speak for us we don't gatekeep our culture Don't try and impose your world view on the world gtfo with that hypocrite bullshit.

IKR lmaoo :pepe-hehe: There are peoples that said "We watch Kpop because it's asian" and I find that argument stupid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!