Mnet should be banned from doing anymore “Global” survival shows after Girls Planet 999

• Cuz this was absolutely disgusting. Not to mention the constant malicious edits the Chinese girls got, to the point where Cai Bing got hate for something she didn’t even say

But the way the C-girls had to cry together after being discriminated against by staff

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Between Produce 48 & Girls Planet 999, Mnet clearly doesn’t know how to treat foreigners with respect & just see’s a handful of them as money grabs for other markets

I’d rather watch an MBC & SBS survival show with this concept, cuz maybe then they’d actually be treated as people and not just used for clout

• this was also in comment under posted by OP so

I will copy / paste it here

Some more info I catched:
    - They gathered and cried at the emergency staircase area
    - YWY/PD girls r more experienced, independent & dont need much staff helps so they helped the rest
    - One time, the make-up for C girls is so bad that XuZiyin re-did it for them herself.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• this was also in comment under posted by OP so

I will copy / paste it here

Some more info I catched:
    - They gathered and cried at the emergency staircase area
    - YWY/PD girls r more experienced, independent & dont need much staff helps so they helped the rest
    - One time, the make-up for C girls is so bad that XuZiyin re-did it for them herself.

Xu Ziyin really was an assuring mother figure for the C-girls

I lowkey think her “leaving because she was sick” was a cover up for Mnet kicking her out of the show cuz I’m sure she wasn’t having any of the BS they were throwing at her

• people have been trying to boycott/ban Mnet for a while especially after Produce scandal but here we...

Mnet as strong as ever...

how are the ratings for GP999?

• This show is already questionable since the beginning because Koreans were complaining that Mnet inviting Chinese people to their country. Maybe not debuting in this group is better for the Chinese contestants after all because I don't think this treatment will stop.

• people have been trying to boycott/ban Mnet for a while especially after Produce scandal but here we...

Mnet as strong as ever...

how are the ratings for GP999?

0.63 for latest episode, a mild rise from 0.59 of previous episode. The peak is 0.83.

• is that good numbers or bad? I'm not that aware of the Korean rating systems...

The numbers are bad - that is the percentage of the people watching something at that time watching this show live. So, at its best, out of 1,000 people in South Korean watching TV in some manner at the time the show was on, 8 of them were watching the show.

• This show is already questionable since the beginning because Koreans were complaining that Mnet inviting Chinese people to their country. Maybe not debuting in this group is better for the Chinese contestants after all because I don't think this treatment will stop.

Well, at this point, most of them won't have that issue....

• is that good numbers or bad? I'm not that aware of the Korean rating systems...

We only have previous shows to go by

First number Prod 48, second number GP999

Ep

01 = 1.13 / 0.46

02 = 1.91 / 0.76

03 = 1.99 / 0.71

04 = 2.83 / 0.71

05 = 2.54 / 0.86

06 = 2.48 / 0.79

07 = 2.08 / 0.84

08 = 2.40 / 0.79

09 = 2.56 / 0.71

10 = 2.59 / 0.59

11 = 2.44 / 0.63

12 = 3.09 / N/A

Produce 101 got up to 4.38

• The numbers are bad - that is the percentage of the people watching something at that time watching this show live. So, at its best, out of 1,000 people in South Korean watching TV in some manner at the time the show was on, 8 of them were watching the show.

what's a "good" number then for comparison purposes..doesn't matter if it's drama or variety show or whatever

• that was exactly what I asked above thanks mate...it's always good to having other ratings for comparative purposes

Pretty average for a non-Produce survival show. Most of them almost never pass 1.0%

The ratings are higher than all of Kingdom, and the groups from that show is much bigger now, so this show has some success

But yeah the hot show in Korea is Street Fighter Woman, which came on the same time GP999 started airing

• what's a "good" number then for comparison purposes..doesn't matter if it's drama or variety show or whatever

That is a very hard question to answer honestly. Whether something is on cable in South Korea or on one of the big channels matters. For example, the big 3 channels are KBS, MBC, and SBS. For them, anything in the low single digits is bad. MNET is a cable channel, so they can stand to have lower numbers than that, so for them single digits, like, say a 3, would be good, specially for this kind of show.

• That is a very hard question to answer honestly. Whether something is on cable in South Korea or on one of the big channels matters. For example, the big 3 channels are KBS, MBC, and SBS. For them, anything in the low single digits is bad. MNET is a cable channel, so they can stand to have lower numbers than that, so for them single digits, like, say a 3, would be good, specially for this kind of show.

thanks for that mate lol

Produce 48 was said to have pretty bad rating yet, its rating for the show was 1.3 at the lowest and 3.0 at the peak.

Also, in comparison to Mnet's ongoing hottest show, Street Woman Fighter's rating for its latest episode is 2.4 or something.

Someone did rough calculation and, based on the data from the latest vote announcement, they were roughly 50k - 60k Koreans voting.

• Produce 48 was said to have pretty bad rating yet, its rating for the show was 1.3 at the lowest and 3.0 at the peak.

Also, in comparison to Mnet's ongoing hottest show, Street Woman Fighter's rating for its latest episode is 2.4 or something.

Someone did rough calculation and, based on the data from the latest vote announcement, they were roughly 50k - 60k Koreans voting.

thanks for that mate...the more you know :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!