Ranting about Girls Planet 999's Huening Bahiyyih

• There's no denying her brother's fame helped her getting support. That's a no brainer.

That being said, she improved her dancing and her singing is good.

But so are others right?

Now the envy towards her getting recognition is where it goes very, very wrong. It's not about 'fairness' anymore. Constantly denying her asian heritage, knowing she lived mainly in Asian countries, making jokes about her being a wasian (knetz also is hating on her because she isn't what they like in a wasian), about her ethnic name, saying they will be an anti, devoting entire twitter, tiktok accounts to hate on this 17 year old girl. Spending time for that instead of voting for what you see fit.

You could say that isn't surprising from the kpop stan community but it should be!

It's mind blowing that from the get-go, there had to be an account dedicated to protect her and that it is so active.

PROTECT HIYYIH (@bahiprotect) | Twitter

In the end, this amount of hate only causes two things: hate towards a girl and more determination for her supporters.

Bottom line is kpop stans kinda suck and stop pitting and insulting young girls for clicks and the extra edginess.

Notes:

I don't have a Universe account or whatever you need to vote so I'm not voting which can be shocking because I stan her brother, right? And I watched like half of the two episodes. I think I won't go further except watching performances. The further I get from mnet survival shows and it's editing/manipulation, the best I'll be :saint:

• I start to think that she was set-up by MNet, just in a different way that they've set up Yaning

they've build expectations high with broadcasting her talk with Huening Kai

then her group didn't do well

and then near end of episode they've shown her crying

and well Guinn Myah is 2 years younger than Bahiyyih, and she didn't cry lol

and Yeseo is also younger than Bahiyyih and they ranked her high obviously so girl had choices to make and those were important ones when she created her own cell...

so at this point people will treat Bahiyyih as crybaby

and Yeseo as young girl which handles herself well

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• er no

Interesting argument...

I can't say exactly. I know at the very least they use her for views and clout, she is always in previews like the most highlighted trainees are but there's barely anything in the final product, her brother's was more highlighted than her.

Survival shows already have passionate fans but whether it's for bahiyyih fyn or others, they'll push that even further at the expense of the trainees

• The amount of sh*t I see against her already and they are only on episode two. The girl literally had a snippet of her performance and introduction (which was half the time that they spent on introducing her brother).

It’s fricking Mnet set things up and fans suck it up like good puppies. The antis by hating and moas by mass voting so poor girl not gonna get kicked out.

I’m not gonna vote for her just because she is Kai’s sister no matter how much I love my boys, that wouldn’t be fair on her either. I bet she didn’t go there thinking yeah let’s talk about my brother and I will straight debut.

I’m gonna watch that show and if she is as talented and good as Kai said then I will vote for her. People need to fricking stop hating on her just because of her brother. Grow the fck up.

• Mnet and antis are the worse.

I'm the same as you, I won't participate.

• It isn't hard just to not support her without being a giant asshole. I went in thinking that she'd be my favorite but she isn't, and that's fine. I don't hate her, I don't deny her talents. Maybe like others had said, she needs more experience. The backlash against her name is just ?????? and its seriously weird how people are denying her heritage. I think they just want reasons to hate her, when she literally did nothing. If she isn't your cup of tea then just leave her alone. She worked just as hard as everyone else as a trainee, being Kai's sister doesn't change that.

Right?

And I will say it again: their faves (or their token ones) would benefit from them actually caring and actively voting and watching for them instead of latching and making threads, accounts about another trainee.

A logic that is applicable in general to kpop groups antis but it gets less retweets and likes so I guess it isn't worth to only love your faves...

• The most laughable argument given by her antis is the nepotism one. Lmao, do these people even know what nepotism is since they're throwing that term so recklessly? She's not even a trainee under the same company as Hyuka, so what's wrong with this girl trying to go through this survival by herself and coincidentally chasing the same vocation as her brother? She's neither the first nor the last sibling of an established idol trying to become an idol, so what's the issue here?

Does she have an advantage because of this? Yes, but that doesn't mean she should be dragged in the mud, especially with those disgusting comments about her heritage. Are those people really proud of themselves to have that mindset?

• I think it's valid to point out that she has an extremely unfair advantage over most of the other contestants (and I'd even argue over the actually debuted idols) and it can be done without dragging her looks, name, or heritage. From the clips I've seen she has areas she needs to improve on and I hope it happens if she makes it in or else she's gonna carry a cloud over her career.

I'm not watching the show and I will probably never listen to any of the songs this group ends up making so I don't really care either way though. 2x

• I feel dejavu, this reminds me the time when TXT debut. People hate them for having a mega huge-successful senior :peperain:

What people need to realize, Bahiyyih has no power to prevent Mnet using his Huening name for clout. But people still fall for mnet trap and hating on this powerless girl, bullying her, harassing her out of jealousy.

Idc if you don't like his vocal or dance, just vote for your faves ig? It's not hard.

• I honestly take offense to the name thing since its an ethnically Arab name and I'm Arab :pepestare: like what are yall trying to insinuate about my language and culture??? wanna get beat???

Wait, I thought it was a Persian/Iranian name cuz Baha'i faith is from there?

• Wait, I thought it was a Persian/Iranian name cuz Baha'i faith is from there?

nope, Arab origins.

You're both right. Like it's an Arabic name but as it was the name of the Baha'i main prophet's daughter, it very much is linked to the faith.

she has such a sweet and likable personality.. people can choose to not vote for her but hating is just disgusting...

Yes! It's very simple, yet it's not done

• Bahiyyih is an arab name dude

a similar word is bahjeh and they both mean full of light or charm, its not as popular in arab countries anymore but its definitely an arab name

The word you're talking about is bahiya not bahiyyih. The latter is definitely not Arabic lol.

Also btw bahiya and bahja* don't mean the same thing at all. Bahiya means bright and bahja means glee.

• ugh pls i read it in a lebanese accent :pepe-sad: thats how we say it verbally

maybe you're right though :/ in retrospect

Well, the word is pronounced like that in Lebanese, Syrian and iraqi accents but it's different in standard Arabic.

Either way, unless this girl has some Arabic heritage in her family then I doubt they'd give her an Arabic name.

• AAAHAHH embarrassing pls kill this thread :clown::clown:

no her dad is def white there's no arab heritage there

It's really not a big deal, it's very easy to forget that all of us aren't speaking correct/standard Arabic in daily life and then mistake our different dialects for the real thing :pepelove1:

• AAAHAHH embarrassing pls kill this thread :clown::clown:

no her dad is def white there's no arab heritage there

I don't think they have arab heritage but all three of them have names of Arab/Persian origin not just bahiyyih. For Kai it's "Kamal", for Lea its "Lea Navvab" and for bahiyyih it's "Bahiyyih Jaleh".

• Their dad is an interesting character ngl, his name is also Nabil

He is i've seen some clips of him on a chinese show and him and kai have the same mannerisms and expressions. They run exactly the same :peperun:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!