Honestly, I don’t mind seeing Twice pass the NGG title down

• This is possibly gonna be a shit take, I don’t blame y'all if you do. But this is gonna be a good faith thread. Emphasis on good faith b4 anyone things I’m downgrading my fav GG of all time, or some weirdo Thrice thinks this is a green light to bash them

Of course I want them to have the top titles for as long as they possibly can. With that said, at this point I wouldn’t mind

Twice have & still has done so many amazing things, things many other girl groups (even groups in general) haven’t achieved. Reached heights & have made a huge name for themselves

They have reached legendary status. And if they have the title moved onto a new 4th Gen GG who earns it, that would in a way further solidify them evolving to that status

Also I do not want to be like those obnoxious Sones/2nd Gen stans who fought to the death in denial towards Twice when they earned the title. And I could thankfully say I don’t see myself stopping to that when the time possibly comes and idk AESPA, StayC, the GP999 GG, or whoever inherits it

Overall, very proud of Twice. There was a point where people would undermine them & make it seem like they’d be a quick hot trend then decline from then on out. But nope, Twice have risen so much & achieved so much, 6 years straight. Nothing could ever erase what they’ve done & their contributions to the industry

487ECE14-C607-4B78-9E48-9069ADAC593A.gif

• Lubby00

Changed the title of the thread from “Honestly, I don’t mind seeing Twice pass the NGG title” to “Honestly, I don’t mind seeing Twice pass the NGG title down”.
  • Just took a look at this thread thru incognito mode…. Chile the people I put on my ignore list months ago prove why they still earned their positions on it til this day

:pepe-clown-gear:

• What twice did in that short time is nothing short of legendary.

Anti's still run the stupid narrative that onces gave twice the ngg title not sk :clown: Like trust me the only thing I feel for the next ngg is sadness especially if the ngg don't come from that one company stans that took it badly when twice inherited that title and proceeded to give them shit for the rest of the career.

So I really hope the next deserving ngg and its fans have hearts of steel. 4th gen is taking off and we may have a new successor.

Desbundar

• OP are you talking about now or in the future...

it begs the question of whether one sees twice as continuing growth and thus their title won't be passed down any time soon or are they in a state of decline in which case the title might be passed soon?

• OP are you talking about now or in the future...

it begs the question of whether one sees twice as continuing growth and thus their title won't be passed down any time soon or are they in a state of decline in which case the title might be passed soon?

Either or, could be 2morrow or another 6 years from now

Tbh I think it would be less about a decline on Twice’s end, and more about the incline on the next possible GGs end

Like SNSD were still huge & there were attributes that they still had over Twice during the time when the latter earned the title. But on the fact that Twice were the hot new representative GG Koreans wanted to recognize as such, was how it happened

• That's a set up 👀

lol did they said bp is ngg? No?global gg and korea gg representative only give me a link if someone said bp is the ngg I need reciept! But we already know bp is the biggest gg right now no questions with that but korean nation gg is twice cuz of their girl next door concept not a girl crush

• Either or, could be 2morrow or another 6 years from now

Tbh I think it would be less about a decline on Twice’s end, and more about the incline on the next possible GGs end

Like SNSD were still huge & there were attributes that they still had over Twice during the time when the latter earned the title. But on the fact that Twice were the hot new representative GG Koreans wanted to recognize as such, was how it happened

I see I see

I can agree that if another group such as Aespa continues their rapid growth and increasing sales and popularity and charting that they can also be called the NGG

I wasn't around for SNSD-twice transition period so I'll rely on what you've said

• Every definition of NGG is different

SNSD was the NGG -- but they had a different role than Twice who was the NGG, and that's not in a bad way! When the times and generations change, that does happen. Arguably SES was the nation's GG as well, and they had a different role. (granted Lee Hyori destroyed everyone in popularity then)

Watch people 4 years later be like "peak kpop is TWICE" that are dissing them now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!