Cha Eunwoo purchased a 4.9 billion won (4 million USD) penthouse in Cheongdam-dong

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Korean netizens react:

Cha Eunwoo purchases a 4.9 billion won penthouse in Cheongdam-dong – Knetizen

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Damn. That’s more money that I thought he had earned.

I guess his dramas earned him quite a bit!

• Actress Park Min Young in the same building? :eyebrowsr:

I don't know who that is.

Tbh it doesn’t mean much, I saw some of these super expensive apartments and they often look average. They only pay that much for the location

It absolutely means much, even if the apartment isn't that great (and yes apartments in Korea are ridiculously expensive) because he worked hard and was able to afford a five million flat, so it means that he was smart with his investments/spendings.

mKl7Ghm.png

• I've recently hear a news that there is some bubble in Korea and young people in their 20's, and 30's are panic buying properties because they are scared that prices might skyrocket even higher than now.

+ I hate that he needed to pay such big amount of money for something so small and in apartment complex, not a standalone house

I will never understand why big cities always end so limited with space

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've recently hear a news that there is some bubble in Korea and young people in their 20's, and 30's are panic buying properties because they are scared that prices might skyrocket even higher than now.

+ I hate that he needed to pay such big amount of money for something so small and in apartment complex, not a standalone house

Yeah I would pay that much only for a standalone house.

• Tbh it doesn’t mean much, I saw some of these super expensive apartments and they often look average. They only pay that much for the location

I've recently hear a news that there is some bubble in Korea and young people in their 20's, and 30's are panic buying properties because they are scared that prices might skyrocket even higher than now.

The housing market in seoul is fucked and worse than ever. Ordinarie working people in 20-30's can't afford them. Its the number one political issue and it will probably decide the next election. Its a huge part of why the presidents approval rates have dropped so much in the last year.

Its also why people really shouldnt be surprised when they see the comments about all those celebrites showing their luxuary 200m2+ apartments on tv, when the majority of young people can't even afford the cheapest 1br apartments for themselves and still have to live with their family into their thirties.

• The housing market in seoul is fucked and worse than ever. Ordinarie working people in 20-30's can't afford them. Its the number one political issue and it will probably decide the next election. Its a huge part of why the presidents approval rates have dropped so much in the last year.

Its also why people really shouldnt be surprised when they see the comments about all those celebrites showing their luxuary 200m2+ apartments on tv, when the majority of young people can't even afford the cheapest 1br apartments for themselves and still have to live with their family into their thirties.

I think it's a big problem because 10 mln people live in Seoul City Area, and overall 25 mln people live in Seoul Metro Area... so it's more than 50% of Koreans living in a 1/7 if not 1/8 of whole Korean land...

also population in other cities is declining

but in Seoul it's either the same or even growing...

External Content www.youtube.com

• I think it's a big problem because 10 mln people live in Seoul City Area, and overall 25 mln people live in Seoul Metro Area... so it's more than 50% of Koreans living in a 1/7 if not 1/8 of whole Korean land...

also population in other cities is declining

but in Seoul it's either the same or even growing...

Yep, they have pretty much fucked themselves by bad planning and making seoul so central to the country. That combined with koreans also prefering investments in property over anything else.

And the stupid policy/rule that in certain areas you have to pay upfront a majority of the price in cash, without using loans, makes it so even more people are locked out from the market and only the rich benefits.

• I must be cynical because my first reaction was surprise that his company gave him a fair contract that 1) gives Eunwoo a decent percentage of his earnings, and 2) doesn't make him split his income from solo activities with the group.

Happy for him that he isn't being scammed out of the hard work he's putting in.

• I don't know you're old user. I just saw you recently

Me? I've made an account on here in 2019 I believe, but only logged in once before this month. So I'm a new user.

mKl7Ghm.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!