Blackpink Restrictions

• YG gives Blackpink so many rules and restrictions, it's not funny. I might not have named all of them, but these are definately the highlights. I just found out about the vlogging one after I went to watch on YouTube Sorn go out with her friends, including Lisa and a netizen commenter said that they weren't allowed to show their faces on a non-YG or Blackpink related vlog.

• No Drinking or Bars
    • No Dating
    • No Smoking
    • No Driving (without permission, Rose was allowed to drive in Kill This Love MV)
    • Dietary Restrictions
    • No Tattoos
    • No Cosmetic Surgery. Now there has been speculation that Blackpink members have gone through some form of plastic surgery except for Jisoo. However, YG confirmed they didn't allow them to do that and the members mentioned they weren't allowed to either.
    • No writing/producing 100% of a song. Blackpink members have been allowed to take part in writing and producing, especially Jennie and Jisoo but they have never been allowed to write or produce a full song. People make fun of them for this but it's just not possible with the company restricting them to do so. They even fail to give credit to the girls sometimes, it took up to a few years for a member to recieve credit for taking part in the creation of a song.
    • No going to any public place without bodyguards (This may be a must because Blackpink are celebrities and they would most likely be swarmed in many places, even if it's just a quick run to the store)
    • No non-YG related vlog appearances (Voices and small shots are okay, but no faces. Lisa wanted to hang out with her Thai friends including CLC Sorn and G(IDLE) Minnie on Sorn's YouTube channel but was only allowed to show her hands and her voice. Rose also wanted to do a vlog with a friend but only allowed to show her voice)
    • Heavily Monitored Social Medias
    • No Online interactions with fans without permission or other reasons like VLive VIP where they can interact with fans if the fans pay (probably not just Blackpink but some other groups) so if you see a YouTube video with a reply for a "Blackpink member" it's most likely fake for example on Instagram DM messages.
    • No personal hiatuses to some extent. I do think this is true to some extent like a major physical or mental health problem (like really major to the point where they aren't able to perform at all), a passing of a family member, etc. They do give them vacation but it's not really common. Jennie was made to perform even though she had points where she wasn't feeling well and injured because of her ankle.
    • (Not anymore) Samsung Only! When Blackpink was the brand name for Samsung for a while, they weren't allowed to use any other phone that wasn't Samsung and it even went as far as Blackpink wasn't allowed to take selfies with anyone with an iPhone or any other non-Samsung or Android phone.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• These are insane. These are adult women, they should be allowed control over their own lives. No driving? Can't even appear in friend's vlogs??

• They have actually done a lot of these things though lol

They've posted pictures drinking while abroad, talked about drinking, and even drank alcohol in 24/365 episode. Jennie said she has her driver's license in an online fan-sign and she's had a dating "scandal." Jensoo wrote and produced for Lovesick Girls. All of them have iPhones and started posting with them regularly as soon as their Samsung deal is up. I think YG was super restrictive when they were rookies but now that they are 24-26 year old women who all live in their own homes their lives are not nearly so controlled.

The only ones that are actually legit imo is the vlog thing + controlled social media

• They have actually done a lot of these things though lol

They've posted pictures drinking while abroad, talked about drinking, and even drank alcohol in 24/365 episode. Jennie said she has her driver's license in an online fan-sign and she's had a dating "scandal." Jensoo wrote and produced for Lovesick Girls. All of them have iPhones and started posting with them regularly as soon as their Samsung deal is up. I think YG was super restrictive when they were rookies but now that they are 24-26 year old women who all live in their own homes their lives are not nearly so controlled.

The only ones that are actually legit imo is the vlog thing + controlled social media

Ooh I actually think the drinking is only a occasional thing :) Maybe, but I haven't heard about that, I just did my research on the ones I didn't know. I heard Jennie had a drivers' license but they aren't allowed to use them and she's not dating Kai anymore but it wasn't allowed when she dated him but I was still happy for and supported their relationship <3 I know all them have iPhones and I think that the Samsung deal ended but I'm not sure. That's just what I heard, but I know for sure about no taking selfies with iPhone users thing. I still agree tho and thanks for the info <3 <3 <3

They didn't write 100% of the song, which was what I meant but that one. Loren, Teddy, and Danny Chung also participated in it but I'm glad they were given a chance and I can't wait to see more of that. Jennie and Jisoo also helped with the writing of Stay and I believe that Jennie wrote some of her solo. Twice for example, they were given full credit as being the only writers of their songs that they wrote. For example, Jihyo was given full credit for writing Up No More, Dahyun was given full credit for writing Queen and Bring It Back, Sana was given full credit for writing Do What We Like, etc. For Blackpink members, there's always been a mention of other artists including the members. <3 <3 <3

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I honestly agree with most of this... less problems for people to find.

Alot of KPOP idols have these restrictions and BP has done alot of them as someone said above.

• that was in the past during their trainee days,some do not apply anymore

although plenty such as the vlog thing and heavy social media control still do

• This is quite sad.

But thankfully we have seen them breaking some of these rules, and I do very much hope they are breaking more behind the scenes <3

• They are like dating ban under every companies, no one follows it.

Yeah, but most companies lift the dating ban after 1-2 years. Blackpink has been active for almost 5 years and no lift off the ban sadly. Jennie did date Kai but she was under fire by blonks saying that she shouldn't have broken the rules and she's too reckless.

• Lol some of those rules are for the fans rather than the idols

YGE isn't some faceless entertainment company, all the executives are people the pinks know for years

It's a been awhile actually but jisoo during their rookie years said everything is possible if they talk to the management first

• Yeah, but most companies lift the dating ban after 1-2 years. Blackpink has been active for almost 5 years and no lift off the ban sadly. Jennie did date Kai but she was under fire by blonks saying that she shouldn't have broken the rules and she's too reckless.

Who told you they can't date now? Blackpink rules that company now. Jennie is probably the only female idol who got off easily for dating without any backlash. Most blinks thought they were cute together because most blinks are girls.

Stop victimizing the girls, they are happy and they enjoy alot of freedom of other types which sadly other groups don't.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!