All idol groups lip-sync many times (with proof if you want) but for some reason only SM get called out for it

• Never denied that my favs' lip-sync which a lot of them are from SM. But somehow because SM artists' lip-syncing is obvious (+they have been doing it a lot post-covid) and because many SM artists fans don't deny it, this notion that only SM artists do it has become common.

Kpop fans feel the need to mock SM artists yet completely deny and ignore their faves' obvious lip-synced stages over and over. Should SM artists stans play the same game and scream that "IT'S LIVE YOU CAN HEAR THEIR BREATHING"? Because it's gotten so annoying to the point I can't enjoy my favs' content without some dipshit mocking them whilst stating their faves are superior by never (or rarely) lip-syncing.

To sum up, if you're one of those annoying stans and is confident of your favs' rare lip-sync performances, please be my guest and I will post at least three performances of them while they're caught lip-syncing or letting the backtrack take the wheel (not that they're the only lip-synced stages but are just the obvious ones where you can't deny unless you're a hopeless case).

ps I had an ice cream and I think it has melted while I wrote this whole ass essay so it might take me a while to get back to you. But feel free to discuss if you want + icyruios I know you're going to post day6 failed lip-synced moments js

lt64IYu.gif

Edited 2 times, last by Yumeku ().

• because lee soo man said it was a genre

Exactly. SM artists fans don't care enough to deny the obvious because neither does the founder or the artists lie about lip-syncing sometimes (like they literally mentioned doing it because they're not insecure about their voices). Whilst other Kpop fans are still in denial that their faves are different.

lt64IYu.gif

• Yumeku

Changed the title of the thread from “All idol groups lip-sync many times but for some reason only SM get called out for it” to “All idol groups lip-sync many times (with proof if you want) but for some reason only SM get called out for it”.
  • Exactly. SM artists fans don't care enough to deny the obvious because neither does the founder or the artists lie about lip-syncing sometimes (like they literally mentioned doing it because they're not insecure about their voices). Whilst other Kpop fans are still in denial that their faves are different.

I wish Sm artists fans didn’t care with my faves. Could have done less of they have such bad vocals, they can’t sing live while performing etc

• wElL acTuAlLy YoU'Re ThE sAlTy fAn jUsT bEcAuSe yoUrE EmbArrAsSed oF yoUr fAvEs dOeSnT mEaN yOu cAn DrAg MiNe yOu fLoP

• Fair enough. Those fans who insert their favs and stalk other groups when their opinion is not needed are just as annoying but generally speaking my point still stands. It still doesn't make sense to use that as an insult to only a group of people when 99% of the industry does it repeatedly as well. I get that some do it to get back at SM stans but I am saying that SM artists are not an exception when it comes to that because I am tired of that false narrative especially when it's used to doubt their abilities.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• But feel free to discuss if you want + icyruios I know you're going to post day6 failed lip-synced moments js

:cryingr::cryingr::cryingr:

Ima switch it up. Day6 forgetting their lyrics all the time, proving they don't lipsync

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Off topic a bit, but I hate how Day6 and bands in general aren't able to have their instruments plugged in when they perform in music shows.

They are obvious playing their instruments, it's not like they are faking it. It's just that because they aren't plugged and instead they play an instrumental backtrack. Like they are perfectly capable to play their instrument is not like they are 'hand-syncing' their instruments.

Rare moment where Day6 is allowed to play live instruments on music shows

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Fair enough. Those fans who insert their favs and stalk other groups when their opinion is not needed are just as annoying but generally speaking my point still stands. It still doesn't make sense to use that as an insult to only a group of people when 99% of the industry does it repeatedly as well. I get that some do it to get back at SM stans but I am saying that SM artists are not an exception when it comes to that because I am tired of that false narrative especially when it's used to doubt their abilities.

They gave you a reason why SM is being targeted because SM stans are very known for using vocal lip synced performances to drag groups who actually sing live.

People are only dragging SM stans because they are loud af

• actually majority of SM groups have good vocals and they can 100% sing live. I think SM is being dragged because depsite their artists are capable, the company doesnt allow them to sing live.

SHINEE, EXO, SUJU, SNSD and even RV have some of the best/most stable vocalists in the industry.

• WHAT????

• WHAT????

Yeah, bands play their instruments on music shows, but most of the time the guitars and instruments aren't plugged in, so you can't actually hear the instruments. So yes thy are playing it and perfectly capable of doing so, it's just that the audience can't hear it.

Only in rare times with proper instrument set up do they get a chance to play their instruments live. For example, in that video I linked you can see their guitars with wired plugged in

Dowoon has microphones all over his drumset to capture the drum sound

External Content www.youtube.com

It is hard because considering how fast paced music shows are where you need to go from one performance to another, it is difficult to properly set up the stage for bands.

Like for example in this video, they have a long rehearsal to just do a soundcheck for the instruments for their concert. The rehearsal actually lasted for almost an hour

• On topic: if your fandom are loud af, constantly bragging about SM is the "only company with good vocalists" and dragging other groups for their own vocals while your actual faves frequently lipsync like the rest of the industry (or sometimes even more), you will be made fun off. That is why SM stans gets dragged the most for something everyone does, it's because they act like they're better than everyone else

The day people learn to hype their faves without putting down everyone else in comparison really will be the day we all know peace.

That being said: Luna with her mic on🥰

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!