Difference between bts and coldplay "fandom"

• Hi im back.

I have now accepted the scenario , yes i understand these 2 bands need to collaborate to reach biiger audiences. With coldplay being more famous in the west and bts in asia and with the young generation they need each other to benefit this collab.

Let me first give you a rundown of how coldplay fans are on sales and streaming so that you guys know how hard you will work😅😂.

Coldplays core "fandom" used to only exist back in 2000-2010. Back in their "army" peak and phase. They used to sell 700k in US and 500kish on UK album sales, in a week or so at their highest peak and I think 6millon in a week. Their singles usually go automatically Top 3 or 10 as new releases in the UK.

Just like bts now they used to be the tall of the media and people at this time as they were that big or even much bigger as they were considered europes baby. I would even daresay that they are still the biggest band in modern times.

But 2011 onwards their "fandom" as they would call coldplayers, somehow dwindled as their music became more " electronic". Yes singles were still successful here and there but the album sales were never the same. First weeks were no longer bought by "fans" as being frontloaded as before were fans like the army anticipated every album release. Instead they were now considered a General public band that relied on hit singles to catch attention thus the band having almost a hit every album era.

Having to rely on general public to achieve long and slow album sales and success. Youtube isnt the same as well in streaming as well as spotify. The fandom is small or maybe are busy as most is at 30-40s by now and dont care abt achievements, thus the youtube views are just okay. If you notice only the famous songs worldwide get big views because the GP worldwide likes it as coldplay can have that reach. Streaming is again GP focused as they tend listen to albums and their older hit songs.

Now with this said army streaming MU ans buying them will most likely be 90 percent army and 10 percent coldplayers or much less. So hope you guys enjoy this rare collab and have them benefit each other.

But expect little help from the busy kinda old fans 😂

But yea i know they have younger fans too but they dont seem to be as fanatic as the old ones before.

• So basically, a super star group, named Coldplay needs BTS to sell.

Which let's be honest is wrong. They sell just fine.

And also BTS needs Coldplay because they need US and UK media play.

Which is also wrong. Number 1 on BB for weeks.

Your post is wrong OP, they are both huge artists and they actually love each other.

Watch that video of them recording together. They are having way too much fun.

I wish I was there.

• BTS is more US focused now, look at them in europe they sill benefit in europe with the collab esp in the UK, coldplay is defintely bigger in that area.

• I have now accepted the scenario , yes i understand these 2 bands need to collaborate to reach bigger audiences. With coldplay being more famous in the west and bts in asia and with the young generation they need each other to benefit this collab.

confused on why you think they need to collaborate? Both seem to be doing just fine. from my understanding, it seemed like coldplay took a liking to BTS's cover of Fix You and got to know them after that. Either coldplay or BTS (who are HUGE fans of them) decided to link up and work on something together for fun, which is how MU was made. My advice is just to go with the flow and enjoy it rather than analyzing why this collab exists and to what benefit. Music is just meant to be enjoyed.

• The point or argument totally lost me. But a thread that has Coldtan in the title must be about what an amazing incredible collab is about to be unleashed so thank you OP. Coldtan converting so many into fans!

• I wouldn't say Coldplay is bigger in the west. They do reach a different audience than BTS probably does, I will give you that.

• when will you guys learn to just enjoy the song ???

songs not even out and here you are calculating how to manipulate the charts smh

:pepefacepalm:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Y’all are trying so hard to push this narrative that BTS are irrelevant nugus far behind their Western & Kpop peers and who only have 2,000 listeners in 2021, it’s getting weird now.

• BTS is more US focused now, look at them in europe they sill benefit in europe with the collab esp in the UK, coldplay is defintely bigger in that area.

Europe is a really tough market to crack. Over 40 countries with god knows how many languages and different cultures. What works in one country doesn't work in others. Also what works in europe might not work in america and vice versa. One of the bands that works everywhere is this year's eurovision winner maneskin and that's really impressive and really hard to achieve. There's no formula, it just happens or not

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!